ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

McLearon mustang??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
85McLaren

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJBumpers list these as:

E5ZZ8190B FD04856FP1 85-86 FRONT COVER GT 420.00 315.00

By looking at the price, compared to the rest, I would almost say this is real. The regular 85-86 bumper cover lists for almost 200 less. I guess the only way to be sure is to call them. Sometimes lists are out-dated. And maybe they are reconditioned used ones. Don't know. But for the price, I would almost guess they are new. If they aren't reproduced and they only have or had a few, I wouldn't put it in a catalog where someone thinks they are always available....

Anyway,
Check it out tomorrow if you wish. If you do check it out, let me know what you find. I do know what we all know, they do not have capri gs covers in stock, but noticed the 85-86 GT cover....

Jason
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used 85-86 GT covers go for ALOT on ebay and those are never refurbished.

$400 is right in line with what a refurbished 85-86 GT cover should go for. I can contact them tomorrow and find out.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
tfs2121

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, that all sums it up. I would just like to add that they were kind of pooches compared to the GTs since they were actually heavier. Furthermore, general consenus was that you had to actually be homosexual to own one. Better to simply drink some jet fuel and swallow a match than to settle for a McLaren Mustang."

yuch makes me sick... some kids...
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Called JJs.

He does not have the 85-86 Mustang GT front cover in stock. He said he can probably get one and it would be $315+shipping. That is for refurbished OEM. The $420 is dealer list price...which we know there are none at the dealer anymore.

To be honest, I have both front and back covers refurbished by JJ and am more than happy.

When I got the front cover, I looked it over and the only evidence of repair is from the back side. There were obvious slices in the cover (evidence that it had a tough life) and you could see the repairs they made as the material was black while the cover is that yellow plastic. From the front the cover was flawless, ready for paint.

They fit perfectly, no gaps, sags, waves, etc., better than repro and as good as new OEM.

I'm a tough customer when it comes to "perfection" and JJ has my vote.

Good Job

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
85McLaren

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for checking Mike. I will see if I can dig up where I found those 84 capri bumper covers. Might take me a little while, just have to remember where it was. Who knows, it could be another situation like this where they actually do not have any. I want to believe they actually have them as they did not make any suggestions that they had any 85 or 86s, only 84s, but I do remember seeing that they were repros and compared their cost to the factory OEM piece, but like I said earlier, the reason why I kind of "brushed" it to the side was because it wasn't the 85 or 86.

Jason
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. I try and look around for these things.

Please just consider sending a GS cover off to JJ first before you put a Mustang nose on. I think you won't be at all satisfied with a Mustang one...plus I wouldn't want any pictures of it to surface on the web if you know what I mean. Very Happy

I am sure JJ would even work with the cover that is currently on your car, the one that was cut by asc.

Let me know if you're currently looking for a decent cover....I can try and hunt one down for you.

-Mike
RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

85McLaren wrote:
I had an experience like that about 7 years ago. Was letting a stereo place hook a stereo system in my 88 GT t-top. When we all were talking, I mentioned that I had an 88 mclaren as well. They all freaked out. They wanted to see it. So - about 2 hours later, I brought my mclaren up to their shop with the top down. I walked inside and told them I had it outside. All the shop guys ignored thir customers and ran outside to look at the car. Again, they were all freaked out, but in a different way. They only looked at for about a minute and went back inside.
What I think is this. IT IS THE NAME THAT GETS THEM. Most people don't know you are talking about mustangs/capris when you mention the name McLaren. They are only listening to the name mclaren. They are associating that name with the popular RACE cars that have race motors and ALOT of horsepower to them.

I can't blame certain people for feeling this way if they don't know (remember) what an ASC McLaren is (was). We all respect them as we know how special they are, but others people who don't know are expecting to see an F1 McLaren or something that costs $500,000.Doesn't mean they hate our cars. They are expecting to initially see something that isn't there. Kind of like when I was a kid and the weatherman was calling for a snow storm and I woke up to 3 inches -- AND HAD TO GO TO SCHOOL WITH NO HOMEWORK DONE. Evil or Very Mad

Jason
yes i had a 86 for sale a few years back in paper and got a call from a guy thinking it was a mclaren f1 it was listed for 7900 that should have told him something Rolling Eyes
2013 FORD F150 RAPTOR "TERRAIN TAN" 4X4 CREW CAB & LIFT ON 37s.
2016 SHELBY MUSTANG GT-H HERTZ EDITION #82 OF 171.
1995 F-350 CREW CAB DUALLY POWERSTROKE FULL BANKS KIT!
RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: McLearon mustang?? Reply with quote

Tom S. wrote:
http://tcstangs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12197

For your reading displeasure. Rolling Eyes

A note or warning though, in the title for the site it says "We know drama". This is entirely correct and the fighting at that site is unreal so trying to correct these guys will be futile.

i read about 5 posts and quit what knuckle heads should log in and show them the sweet 86 i just sold that pulled 13900 Laughing
2013 FORD F150 RAPTOR "TERRAIN TAN" 4X4 CREW CAB & LIFT ON 37s.
2016 SHELBY MUSTANG GT-H HERTZ EDITION #82 OF 171.
1995 F-350 CREW CAB DUALLY POWERSTROKE FULL BANKS KIT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: