ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sleepercoupe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Hello all Reply with quote

Hi, new member here, I am a member of FEP and have talked with Sandy a couple times. I do not have an ASC but several other 79-86 cars. The ASC are awesome cars and wouldn't mind finding one. My current cars are

1979 Coupe, it now sports 5 lug and bullits no pictures yet though.

1986 Coupe, 4 cylinder/auto, good mpg car.

But my question now is this. I know where a very rare early convertible is. I have talked to Sandy about it and we have concluded it is the Bivouac. I was in the process of buying the car a year ago and the owner changed thier mind. It's been in the garage ever since. Its in rough shape but all there. And it runs. Here is a picture. You can't see it but the left rear quarter is damaged, needs replaced. What should I call/go over there, and offer her?

1982 Bivouac

Thanks guys!

Blake
Tom S.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the 'vert but I'm drooling over the '86 coupe. Very Happy

'85 ASC Coupe #607910--sold and crushed RIP Crying or Very sad
'95 SVT Cobra--sold
'89 Oregon State Police SSP Mustang--sold
'86 LX 5.0 Coupe--sold

Last edited by Tom S. on Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blake, that's a nice "Biv" I see she has a 302V8 in her, and the condition (on this side) is very good. I'd give the owner a counter offer of 20% less than asking, **BUT** be sure to tell her that the reason for THAT offer is THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE. Very Happy NEVER EVER knock another person's car you are trying to buy, as human nature is defend it, no matter waht, and dropping the price is admitting to themself that whatever car is in question is not as good as they'd like to believe it is!! Don't knock it or point out the problem areas. Make you offer and explain the offer is based upon the fact THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE!!! Knocking or critiqing someone's car is like critizing their child !

V8 Biv are really rare units. I have learned that all units ORDERED BY DEALERS FOR INVENTORY were either Medium Grey Metallic OR Burgundy Metallic. If you ever see another color on this car, it was in fact CUSTOMER ordered thru a dealer, and NOT for inventory !

Yes, Tom that '86 cop-a-like car is neat & CLEAN, likewise the Fleetwood Brougham across the street, is sumpin' Sandy would like!! Laughing Smile Very Happy

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know why she changed her mind?

Sentimental reasons? She thinks its rare? Her grandson wants to drive it? Isn't worth selling yet? Waiting for it to appreciate?

The problem you have is you are interested enough in it to want to contact her again about the car.

Owners that have neglected a car to the point that its about ready for the scrap heap, but still aren't "ready" to sell, are often very delusional thinking the car is a gold mine.

Right now the car is worth what? $500-$1k? It needs a total restoration. The only value above $500 is what it would mean to you to fix it up and drive it around. You'd be in a VERY exclusive club. This lady probably is thinking its worth $3k-10k or more Very Happy

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does she know is's a Biv ?? (Or is it a "Mustang Convertible" ??) BTW, the only part that I am aware of that it not possible to get, is the "Treasure Chest" behind the front seats.... Not a difficult resto.

Last edited by Sandy on Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
75coug

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you are a fan of the dark-colored wheels, which I applaud. I especially like the black ten-holes. Boy, they look good.

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
tfs2121

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
Yes, Tom that '86 cop-a-like car is neat & CLEAN, likewise the Fleetwood Brougham across the street, is sumpin' Sandy would like!! Laughing Smile Very Happy

funny sandy my dad has an 84 fleetwood brougham its black on black with wood grain and he has limo tints its sweet the car came from the south and its spotless
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, but I always felt that the 1992 Cadullac Brougham (the series that came after the car you speak of, but was almost identical) was the last true blue-blooded Caddy. The 1993-1996 Fleetwood was a spin off of the Buick Roadmaster/Chevy Caprice).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: