ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

front window molding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
strawberydaky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: front window molding Reply with quote

hi all,
i have been looking for the front window molding for a 1985 merc capri convetable for about 6 months nowand all of my leads have turned up dead can any one help me find one,or is anyone selling one, preferably white. i have looked through asc(american sunroof co.)and mclaren and the dealer where my car was purchased and had no luck. i have gotten some quotes from fabricators but being a collage student i can't afford it, i also think they are trying to put one past me because i am a girl. don't let the long hair fool you, as sandy knows i was raised in a shop all my life and i know what i am talking about. n e ways if anyone has the part or knows where i can look next i would be very appreciative.

thanx,
Andrea
(asc chick)
ASC Chick, 85 Murcury McLaren Capri, White W/ a Navy top & Navy Interior(#355)
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, what did the fabricators "quote" you to make it?

Hank is the only guy I think that would have it (www.ascmclaren.com).

1022 Gunn Hwy. Odessa, Fl 33556
(813) 920-7544 fax (813) 926-9662

He lists them on his web site. The only other option is to repair the one you have. I suppose a used one may come up sooner or later but I think that part is prone to cracking so the chances of any ascMcLaren parts car (if there is such a thing as an ascMcLaren parts car anymore) having an uncracked moulding is going to be really really slim. Plus a used part may just break right away after you install it.

One last thing I remembered is you can try this guy:
http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=116&highlight=
He says his car is beyond repair....

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
strawberydaky

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Front window Reply with quote

it isnt that the part is cracked it is that the passenger side of the thing broke off while i was on the freeway and then it was run over by an 18 wheeler never to be salvaged. the fabricaters told me that without that piece they would have to cast the other side and see what they could do. most of them said they would add on to the existing piece but one guy was blowing some smoke when he told me that he would make the whole piece and charge me over $600 without painting it, then to match the color they would have to use some special lazer and that would cost more. i laughed in his face. thanks for the lead.
ASC Chick, 85 Murcury McLaren Capri, White W/ a Navy top & Navy Interior(#355)
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34204&item=4504826179&rd=1

Your lucky day.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, what bidding on that piece $212.00 as of now! (Tonneau Cover) that is, not Andrea's w'shield moulding

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: