ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 ASC's @ Fabulous Fords Forever 2007
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dahberg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: 3 ASC's @ Fabulous Fords Forever 2007 Reply with quote

There were over 2000 entries for FFF this year. I do not think everyone showed up as it was overcast with rain in the forecast. However, it turned out to be a great day with a whole lot of awesome cars and I think I failed to see everyone of them. For once I was in a car show without having to explain to every Tom, Dick and Harry what a ASC McLaren Capri was! It was really neat to see 2 1988 McLarens there as well. Number 042, was blue/blue/blue and number 542 with the white/grey/black combination (posted here earlier). The only other fox body Capri I saw was an 86 RS with grey on grey. I was kind of shocked to not see any Indy Stangs or GP IV's and really hoped a Black Magic might show up. If they did, unfortunately I did not find them.

Maybe next year!
Sandy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gray you saw on the '86 Capri is the color of my McLaren Coupe.

That "042" that you say was "blue-blue-blue" which blue was it ?
TheNavy Blue-like Atlantic Blue or my Bright Azura Blue ?

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
1985 Motorsport Capri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would have been shocked if THERE WAS a gpIV.
there were only 30 made, all sold in michigan(1 or 2 sold in ohio) & most are still in the midwest. there is one in southern california, but that one is in the middle of a resto.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
dahberg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 042 looked like a navy blue to me Sandy, but then I have never seen the Atlantic blue in person. Looked like a replacement top and may have been a repaint. But was very clean on the interior, exterior and very nice looking. Neither of the 88's had the McLaren wheels, but the gentleman with the white McLaren has spoken with you Sandy, I think he is a member of this group and indicated he was going to try and aquire the white McLaren wheels from Hank in the near future. Both cars appear to be in good hands with people that appreciate the vehicles. It was great to see them at this show.
ASCMCLRN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
The Gray you saw on the '86 Capri is the color of my McLaren Coupe.

That "042" that you say was "blue-blue-blue" which blue was it ?
TheNavy Blue-like Atlantic Blue or my Bright Azura Blue ?

Lol reminds me of a skit done awhile ago on how many different types of bottled water there are. I forget were I saw it but it went like this. "Waiter I would like a glass of water please." Waiter replies, "Would you like Poland Spring, Deer Park, Evian, Perrier, St Pelligrino...." and he goes on and on. Ok guess you had to be there lol.

Nick Laughing
ASCMCLRN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scott did you happen to take any pictures we can see? Thanks.

Nick Smile
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need Pictures

Just Poke thats pretty cool that you have seen ASC's at a show. And that you took yours. The weather is just breaking here and I'm going to start hitting the crusies here with the GP. After this 3 days of RAIN we are getting Crying or Very sad
Sandy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Ya, I'd guess i've spoken to around 500-600 over the many many years I've been addicted to these cars. Yes, from your description, she was Atlantic Blue (dark). To find a 'Vert today with a correct roof & OEM wheels is like finding a needle in a haystack. It saddens me & other persons who have a thing for originality.

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
03Mach1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, I think I met you at the show. I own #542. it was great chatting with you and the other McLaren owners at the show and getting good feed back on my baby. I am glad I found her and I am truly enjoying "McLarenism". Its nice having such rare mustangs and my car attracted quite a croud all day. I thought you had told me that you had brought yours down to the show but I couldn't remember. At any rate I tried looking for the Capri you mentioned but could not find it. The show field was absolutely huge. It was quite the turnout despite the weather. Does anyone out there have some white '88 McLaren rims for sale? A guy at the show was trying to sell me some gold ones but I want the original color and in good condition.
dahberg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

03Mach1 - you do have an exceptionally nice McLaren! The 86 Capri and I were parked a mile away from your area... lol Mine was in amongst the Pinto's, Probe's, Tarus' and the Capri was in with the tug boat sized Merc's. Guess we were rather hard to locate in comparison.

03Mach1 has some pictures in the ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Album. Unfortunately, I am at work and the pictures I shot of the 042 are on my laptop at home. I will try to post a couple of them this evening. I should know better than to post without pictures Laughing
svo413

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Didn't make it to Knotts Reply with quote

We didn't make it to Knotts this year. We went last year or was it the year before. Anyway, we took 2 cars to show and it was a pain to drive 8 hours each way with 2 cars. Maybe next year the burned out feeling will have faded. Always a Great show.
85 ASC Vert #612205
88 ASC Vert #542 20,550 miles
84 SVO 24,000 miles, 84 GT Turbo Vert.
03 Mach I, 89 LX Vert, 74 Mustang II
14 CA Special, 69 Mustang coupe, 07 GT500
67 T-bird, 15 F150 Tuscany, 16 F250
03Mach1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, it was a hell of a walk from where i was (in the back with the Roush's) i did however see a black capri but know asc's. i was in a hurry cause i don't like leaving my car for too long. some people just don't mind where they put there hands. i looked at your capri in your album and its very nice. my first car was a capri. i was in high school. 79 midnight blue turbo four. had it repainted with white racing stripes. it was bad.....that's how i got my wife to marry me. incidentally, i am placing racing stripes on her '06 Charger this weekend.

we should all try and hook up for the queen mary show on the 23rd of september. the wife and i stay on the ship, lot of fun. they actually give out good trophies there. that was a little disappointing with the knotts show.
'88 ASC/McLaren #542 white/gray/black 20,000 miles trailer queen
'03 Mach 1 torch red 7,500 miles trailer queen-sold
'06 King Ranch F150 white over gold/saddle 34,000 miles-mustang hauler
dahberg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

03Mach1 wrote:

incidentally, i am placing racing stripes on her '06 Charger this weekend.

we should all try and hook up for the queen mary show on the 23rd of september. the wife and i stay on the ship, lot of fun. they actually give out good trophies there. that was a little disappointing with the knotts show.

So now you are putting stripes on the wife's car and she gets wheels before you do? lol Guess we have to sacrifice a little to please the "head-of-the-household" Wink I am sure she deserves the respect!

I will have to get more info on the Queen Mary show. If it is all Stangs, I would be out of place. There is a Mercury show down south in October that I might try to make. I have the flyer for it at home, but did not see a Queen Mary flyer in my registration package or missed it! If you have a link or obtain more info, keep us updated on this site.

Thanks,
dahberg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, let's see if I can figure this out and post a couple of pic's!

plumkrazy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Scott Go with some GREAT shot's

Celebrate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: