ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Yellow '89 and Me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProTouringASC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: The Yellow '89 and Me Reply with quote

While digging around I found this post on my car by Sandy:

"I JUST FOUND IT! HEREWITH VERIFIED VIN 183555 WAS INDEED ORIGINALLY "ROYAL GOLD METALLIC" AND ORDERED BY A DEAELR IN MICHIGAN FOR "STOCK" (READ: UNSOLD) ~ BUYER WANTED THE 1987/1988 HOT YELLOW, AND WANTED IT YESTERDAY!! BUYER WAS WITHIN 50 MILES OF DEALER AWAITING THE ROYAL GOLD CAR THAT WAS 85% FINISHED. DEALER AGREED TO HAVE CAR REPAINTED, AND WAS SHIPPED THERE AND EAGER BUYER TOOK DELIEVERY. CAR IS LISTED ON MASTER LIST AS ROYAL GOLD METALLIC, LIGHT & MEDIUM TITANIUM GREY INTERIOR AND BLACK ROOF. THEN HAS A * AND BELOW IT SAYS "REPAINTED HOT YELLOW"..."

Any chance I could get a copy of that memo? Very Happy

Sandy, you also mention that it is not a factory top. What's the difference between my top, and the factory one? Mine has white stitching.

And lastly, I think I am the 3rd owner, and the last guy swore the wheels were factory. They are Enkei wheels. Any chance they were added by ASC per dealer request? If not, I would like to put on something more in line with my tastes, but if they might be original, I might keep them. If I do get rid of them, it might take a bit, as I have to wait for our bank account to catch up with my spending spree as I not only bought the ASC, but also a '93 Suzuki VX800.

Problems I have found with the car that I will fix in time:

- Usual rust spot on the 1/4 just under the the top cover.

- Radio is toast.

- A few minor dings.

- "Pro-5.0" shifter (fixed by installing stock handle on "Pro-5.0" shifter mechanisim.

- A couple of rips in the seats.

- Faded/Stained carpet.

Booy does this thing get looks though! Wow! I would figure that people would treat it as "just another Mustang," but they sure seem to take an interest in it when I drive it! I don't know if it's the color or what, but I am always getting a thumbs up or some other positive shout.

I took it to a local cruise in last Saturday evening, and it drew quite a bit of attention. Very Happy

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
tfs2121

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to hear that you are loving your car! about your top i think the white stitching is why sandy says its not factory... i think the stitching should be the same color as the top
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete knows his stuff! Good Job

So, Bill a.k.a. ProTouring, you are the person who got that Yellow 89 we had posted on here, with the yellow wheels ?? Do you like it ?
Have you "uncovered" any hidden spot or spots where the Royal Gold is peeking out? Under the hard tonneau cover? Lift the trunk felt/carpet and look at the body metal under there....any Gold? Front door hinges ?
Underneath the hood padding ? Don't forget as a Mustang LX V-8 2-Dr Coupe, she started out as a BLACK car with Gray interior. Then became Royal Gold and ultimately Yellow. I am not sure which yellow they used. 1987-1988 HOT Yellow or 1990 Dino Yellow. My guess would be the first.

If I recall the guy who bought it new had this here $25,000 ON FIRE and burninmg a severe hole in his pocket and he wanted that car NOW NOW NOW & wanted to buy it directly from ascMcLaren - Autry Ave, Livonia, Mi. NOW and at this moment in time, RIGHT NOW !

But....it HAD to be Yellow.

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
lightning95sc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the car that was here in Michigan? If it is, that is a very nice car. I saw it in person. I love that yellow. Glad somebody got it that will love it for what it is as opposed to just another Mustang ragtop.

Good luck with it, Bill. BTW, you mentioned you MIGHT get rid of the wheels. If you do, I'd appreciate first dibs on them. I've been looking for a set of those Enkei 98's for a couple years.

Chuck
ASCMCLRN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lightning95sc wrote:
Is this the car that was here in Michigan? If it is, that is a very nice car. I saw it in person. I love that yellow. Glad somebody got it that will love it for what it is as opposed to just another Mustang ragtop.

Good luck with it, Bill. BTW, you mentioned you MIGHT get rid of the wheels. If you do, I'd appreciate first dibs on them. I've been looking for a set of those Enkei 98's for a couple years.

Chuck

Chuck respectfully I had asked him about those wheels before he even picked up the car. In private emails we sent back and forth I thought it was a done deal.

Nick
lightning95sc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No prob, Nick. Did'nt mean to step on your toes(so to speak). Hope you have cool plans for them. Keep us posted.

Chuck
ASCMCLRN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lightning95sc wrote:
No prob, Nick. Did'nt mean to step on your toes(so to speak). Hope you have cool plans for them. Keep us posted.

Chuck

Chuck, I am sorry if I came off brash. It is not anyones place to decide if some one gets them but the owner himself. I just made a deal earlier today that didnt go to well. The seller and I agreed to a price for some parts. As I was getting ready to go he was offered more money and the deal was off. So if I was a bit forward you know why. Thanks for understanding.

Nick
ProTouringASC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guy... the deal with the wheels, at the moment, is:

Well, I'm kind of out of money at the moment, and so I can't afford to replace them. Embarassed

That being said, the first person who contacted me will get first dibs on the wheels once the minister of finance has declared the money tree to be in sound financial condition once again.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
ProTouringASC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lightning95sc wrote:

Yup, it was the car in Michigan.

Shiny side Up!
Bill
shelbyscarab

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tfs2121 wrote:
glad to hear that you are loving your car! about your top i think the white stitching is why sandy says its not factory... i think the stitching should be the same color as the top

Thats not the way I understood it from Sandy in earlier posts.......I thought the stitching was supposed to be white no matter the color of top? The original top on mine had the white stitching before I replaced it and made sure the stitching matched the top.

right or wrong?
1988 ASC McLaren #688
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Of the cars that I saw, brand new, the Tan, Dk. Blue, Dk. Brown & Claret-Wine and Black all had color matched stitching. I never got to see a unit up close with a white top (VINYL) to eyeball its stitching. My silver car with black top has black stitching & my blue car with dk. blue top has dk. blue stitching.

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
ProTouringASC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, well I wonder what kind of top I have. It fits very nicely.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
lightning95sc

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]
Chuck, I am sorry if I came off brash. It is not anyones place to decide if some one gets them but the owner himself. I just made a deal earlier today that didnt go to well. The seller and I agreed to a price for some parts. As I was getting ready to go he was offered more money and the deal was off. So if I was a bit forward you know why. Thanks for understanding.

Nick[/quote]

I did'nt take it that way, at all. I understand perfectly where you're coming from.........

Chuck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: