ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

insurance
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also wouldn't tell them you race it either....they may not like that.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
n20capri

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
Mike, is your McLaren your daily driver, "go-the-the-movies & market" car? What do you use in the winter & in the snow ??

lol no not the daily driver...used to be but not anymore...I have a 92 accord as my beater...

However, I don't have a mileage limit...just has to be stored in a garage and can't be driven during normal work hours...
86 AscMcLaren Capri Coupe - #026 | 11.4@118 | 290/322
86 9L SVO
www.mikemartinelli.com
www.baldguydesigns.net

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My "deal" is that I had to show proof of another "Daily-Driver" type vehicle, and have to keep it in a garage (which all 4 are!). As you know, racing (here) is a non-issue. I have $18,000 on each of the 4 cars. Probably too low, but I need to keep the premiums low, too. I pay $250.00 a year on each of the 3 ascMcLarens and $250.00 a year for the Sixty Special Caddy, for a total of $1,000 a year, in one lump payment in September. My deductable is $700.00 per car, per event. I have been with them since 1990, 14 years. I let them know when I move the cars from one rented garage to another - but now, I have really good winter storage, so I don't forsee moving them again, all year.

This guy 3.1 miles from me has a piece of HUGE property, all of it way in back of his house. The house is waaaay up front, very close to the street. Way in back he built an 11 car garage. He doesn't use it. He has a Ford Escape & Isuzu Ascender that live next to the house in the driveway. He rents out the 11 INDIVIDUAL WALLLED garages to car collectors. Allthough not heated, there are no holes or cracks for four legged friends to squeeze into, and each door locks and sits flat on the ground. Sadly, the door have windows in them (dumb). The property is gated, and locked at night. All 11 share the same seperate driveway. You are not allowed in there after dark !! Be it 4:45 in the winter or 8:30 in the Summer. NOT after dark. After dark, the security alarms are set.

I have only seen a couple of the "neighbors" ~
Late 1980 MonteCarlo AeroBack, 1970 440 6-Pac Dodge Coronet R/T Pillar Coupe, 1969 Buick Skylark Gran Sport STAGE-1 Hardtop Coupe, and my Silver McLaren 'Vert & my 60 Special Caddy. He gets $125.00 a month per car. None of the owners take these cars out from Novermber 15th to April 1st. However he does in fact plow "our" driveway and in front of the garages with his huge John Dearee 50 H.P. Plow for us, just in case ..... His other rule is that every car MUST wear a car cover at all times, for protection..... and NO SMOKING in the garage. It's really a lifesaver for many of us. I'm the only person with 2 cars there, but, no discount. Sooo, it's $4.10 cents @ day per car.

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
Euro#13

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
just has to be stored in a garage and can't be driven during normal work hours...

Hmm........I see a loophole there. Cool
You could drive it to and from work since it is not being driven during actual work hours right? Wink

Brent
Former owner of EuroCoupe #13
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 5-speed; 1 of 7,860
1971 Ford Ranchero; 1 of 2,595
Hi-Jumper mid-engine sandrail w/2.3 turbo
75coug

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I requested a quote from Grundy before Thanksgiving, and ten days later received a reply with the desired quote. A week or so later, I completed their forms and submitted them to Grundy with photos of the cars and a check for the premium. So far, I have not yet heard back from them.

Their price was fair. $487 for four cars (the McLaren, the Capri, the '75 Cougar and the '81 Corvette) for a year. Now if they will simply approve my formal application and provide me with my proof of insurance, I'll be in business.

I'm dying to get the McLaren licensed and on the road. We've had exquisite weather for the past couple of weeks -- sunny, 70, no wind; perfect convertible weather -- and I would like to be able to take advantage of it.

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give them a ring on the phone !

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: