ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I spotted this 86 on Ebay today
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
red390gt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: I spotted this 86 on Ebay today Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270151119230&rd=1
75coug

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hood scoop and the ten-holes certainly give it a unique look. The color is neat as well.

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
xbgt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: 86 ebay car Reply with quote

I actually ended up buying the ebay car. A friend went and picked it up for me. He says it is way nicer than the pics. I plan getting it back to oxford white and have bought a set of ASC wheels for it. Also, will put a stock hood on the car. I have a feeling taking the scoop off with not work as the hood is off a turbo car. The seller told me he replaced the whole hood when he painted the car as the original one had a little rust on the front edge. He did send me some pics in the mail of the car being painted back in 95, it was is super rust free shape. So far he has been straight up with me, even sending some items he came across that went to the car.

Bottom line, he made me a deal I could not say no to.

I still have not seen it in person, I will be in south Florida in about 3 weeks to collect it. I did get the title work done and tagged and insured it.

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
75coug

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the purchase. It sounds like you made a great deal for it. Be sure to provide us with additional details after you pick it up.

xbgt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be back on the forum with it as soon as it is here. Really looking forward to taking it for a spin with the top down, once it cools off outside. The only thing that would have made it sweeter in the long run, is if it was a hard top. I prefer a hard top over a vert, just a personal preference. But still, this fall it will be nice cruising with the top down.

I have also made a deal on a GPIV car. The seller is delivering it to me in a few weeks. More to follow as it all plays out.

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
75coug

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xbgt wrote:
I have also made a deal on a GPIV car. The seller is delivering it to me in a few weeks.

Whoa, a GPIV as well? You're on a roll.

xbgt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I recently sold a few of my favorite Australian Ford's (www.LastV8.com) and decided to go after a few of my favorite US cars to fill the spots in the garage. To be perfectly honest, even I am shocked. I cannot wait to get them both here at the same time.

Plus, my daily driver is a really nice low mile 85 Capri GS. I am also helping my 13 yr old son build a super nice 79 Capri for his first car. Plus, helping him build an Aussie car as well.

Too many projects, but I love it!! lol

Chris
86EuroCoupe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not just a GPIV a silver GPIV. 1 of 3. Good snag. I know of the car you bought.
capriman86

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am not liking Chris right about now.

He is buying up everything I love Laughing
xbgt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya, Jeff. I made lots of enimies in the Australian Falcon market, first. So, I am used to not having any friends! LOLOL

Honestly, I am as shocked by these two cars as anyone. I really did not expect either one, especially the GPIV car. I spoke with my seller today. We are setting up the transfer. It has been one smooth transaction, with the exception of UPS screwing us up on an overnight envelope last week.

Once things settle down this fall, I am going to do some serious updating to my Aussie car website and add lots about the Fox Chassis cars I own.

Presently, I am waiting for my freight broker to get a shipping container here as I have sold two of my favorite Aussie cars, so Jeff, that is two more vacant spots in the shop, I better get shopping. Oh, the AU cars are going back, down under!
chris
scoutdrivinrebel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xbgt wrote:
I hear ya, Jeff. I made lots of enimies in the Australian Falcon market, first. So, I am used to not having any friends! LOLOL

Honestly, I am as shocked by these two cars as anyone. I really did not expect either one, especially the GPIV car. I spoke with my seller today. We are setting up the transfer. It has been one smooth transaction, with the exception of UPS screwing us up on an overnight envelope last week.

Once things settle down this fall, I am going to do some serious updating to my Aussie car website and add lots about the Fox Chassis cars I own.

Presently, I am waiting for my freight broker to get a shipping container here as I have sold two of my favorite Aussie cars, so Jeff, that is two more vacant spots in the shop, I better get shopping. Oh, the AU cars are going back, down under!
chris

I've always loved the Aussie Falcons. I grew up worshiping Max Rockatansky's Black Interceptor. Welcome to the site.
xbgt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

let me know if you ever want to find an AU car. I do know of a real project car in Seattle that can be bought for about what the shipping cost from AU alone are.

Chris
RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get Daves old GPIV in MI?
2013 FORD F150 RAPTOR "TERRAIN TAN" 4X4 CREW CAB & LIFT ON 37s.
2016 SHELBY MUSTANG GT-H HERTZ EDITION #82 OF 171.
1995 F-350 CREW CAB DUALLY POWERSTROKE FULL BANKS KIT!
xbgt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did buy David's car. I am super excited about it. This is the craziest month of cars for me, ever. I went out looking for something special, and lucked out on two super special cars.

You know, the ebay car, while it has it's fault's, really is not bad at all. A friend that is a car guy, picked it up for me, he said it is super clean and really nice. Already made an offer on it, for his wife.
tfs2121

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh Davids is very nice i have seen it. what is even nicer is david. hes a real good guy. i got a set of wheels from him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: