ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All is right with the world-one of those days

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark@ddi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: All is right with the world-one of those days Reply with quote

You get up early Saturday when it is still cool. You and the wife go to Panera's and get coffee and muffies.

She goes her own way in the Crossfire and there I am with the 85 Vert. I go to Valvoline and the bays are empty. I discuss my car with the Manager and he convinces me that at 60,000 miles it is not too late for synthetic. Since most of my gastkets are new I go along with him. He tells me it is a myth that you cannot switch to synthetic.

The employees fight over my car and who gets to work on it. They all do. More customers come in and the guys keep coming into the waiting room to talk over the car and tell me how much they like it. The customers over the conversations and start talking also. All positive.

I have cracked and broken seat belt covers. I go to Advance Auto and talk about it. They look over the car and love it. I buy those velcro padded deals that go accross the belt on your chest. Cut it in 1/2, tape the ends of the broken plastic and slip these on. They look great.

I go to the carwash just to use the vaccum and clean it up inside. I start the car and two kids come running over and ask if it is a 5.0. They love it.

I now head out on a mini-cruise. This thing is running great and the Flowmasters make a beautiful sound as I drive. I see sunshine, feel the breeze, duck in and out of tree shaded lanes and it just purrs.

People stare and way and give me thumbs up. Note: no minivan mom has ever noticed but the kids in the back do.

I am in love with this car.

Know what I mean?

Maybe the drive in(Sonic) tonight after it cools down?
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've experienced all that & more. WARNING !! Those that you do NOT want anywhere NEAR your car, will also NOTICE !

Brake Club & Alarm are pretty secure, (BRAKE CLUB IS MANDATORY) ~ but that will NOT keep the nuts from purposley damaging it, BECAUSE they could not STEAL it. I never leave mine alone. I did one time, for less than 4 minutes.... and here's what happended......

I entered a newspaper, tobacco, lottery ticket, candy-type store....
I went in to get a paper. They also sell hot coffee. As I entered the store, I held the door for the idiot man who was leaving, as he was carrying a paper cup of hot coffee.
I got my paper, but had a small line of like 2 people ahead of me to pay.
Time lapse was under 3 minutes.
Out I came, only to witness this man, whom I held the door for, with both hands "cupped" around his eyes, peering into my blue 'Vert, trying to see inside of it (Top was up, windows closed).
Where was his Hot coffee??????????
ON MY ROOF ! Steam comming from the top, he had set this fireball down on my cambria cloth roof !

He asked? What kinda car is this? I told him it was a convertible and that convertibles are not to have fire hell hot coffee cups set down upon their convertible tops. I handed him his coffee, said no more, got in & left.

(Shoulda told him it was a Willys) {Never let your guard down}

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
mark@ddi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Sandy you made me nervous reading your description.

Mine is this really shiny Silken Black. Finger prints come out of nowhere only to appear on this car? Aliens I guess. I keep a polish rag in the car just for the mystery prints.
03Mach1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes fellas and that's why mine spends most of her days behind the theater rope in my garage under the expensive car cover..

at the car shows, my vert has waves of crowds wanting to look at her. it is mentally exhausting aswering questions and watching her like a hawk.

my resonse to the coffee on the car would have been a lot less politically correct than Sandy's. cops prabably would have been called.... Laughing
all fun and games till someone messes with my vert.
'88 ASC/McLaren #542 white/gray/black 20,000 miles trailer queen
'03 Mach 1 torch red 7,500 miles trailer queen-sold
'06 King Ranch F150 white over gold/saddle 34,000 miles-mustang hauler
03Mach1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops, guess i should have checked my spelling before sending that out. i was emotionally disturbed for a second. Embarassed
'88 ASC/McLaren #542 white/gray/black 20,000 miles trailer queen
'03 Mach 1 torch red 7,500 miles trailer queen-sold
'06 King Ranch F150 white over gold/saddle 34,000 miles-mustang hauler
rlyons13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

What kind of shows do you go to? The only time I ever had a car molested at a car show was back in 1993 in upstate NY, when I came back from a rest room break to see a footprint on the front floormat of my brand new 93 Cobra. Go to MCA affiliated club car shows. There is one in Coopersburg PA on the 19th, one in Mt Holley NJ (historic Holman Ford) in September, along with the GSRMC show in Butler NJ, also in September.

Also, we all have unique cars. Why do you get exhausted talking about them? I love my CObra. I love my McLaren. I love my Cruiser. When I go to shows (Mustang or Cruiser), I usually talk to people the entire day about the cars. Hell, it's a car show! Why else would you be there? I took my McLaren to the GSRMC fall show in 06 and spring show in 07. I must have demonstrated the top at least 30 times. And pointed out all the unique features even more. That is the only way these cars will ever approach the value you all seem to think they deserve. Certainly not by hiding them away and giving people the idea you're snooty on the rare occassion you do. We're all ambassadors, and we have only our selves to blame if these cars go unnoted in the Ford/Mercury world.

Now, if I'm the only McLaren at Coopersburg, I'll scream. It's a good show people. Get your cars out there!

And Sandy, I would have slapped the coffee cup off my car if that happened to me. I know you're attached to that area of NJ, but it is seriously time for you to sell and move west and/or south. After 20 years in Piscataway, it is no longer suburban on the edge of rural. Time for me to start looking further out. Again. I just dread moving the 4-post lift in my garage. Oh well....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I slapped it off, all the hot coffee woulda spilt all over the roof.
I have oft said that if I drove my McLaren (any of them) to the Arizona Desert, and parked it in the middle of wilderness, and walked away and hide behind a rock, within 15 minutes, someone would come & park next to me, real close, and door dinged me !!
Even my D.D. (Daily Driver - now 4 years old - the T.C.) I park far far far away. Others jog at 5AM, I walk from the stores to the car, usually about 500 feet away. So far, no dings and no scratchs.

I went to the Bloomfield & Millburn car shows. I showed the Cadillac.
I am awaitng the Westfield / Garwood show. I don't do too many shows that last all day. Getting old and it's getting hard for me to arrive at 10AM and leave at 5 or 6 PM. I been going to evening shows, from like 5PM to 8:30 PM. Also, it's been really humid and we've had alot of rain, due to the humid conditions.

rlyons13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy,

Show in Westfield/Garwood???? Details, please. I have a friend in Garwood I could probably talk into bringing her 70 big block CHevelle SS to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's listed on Hemmings Motor News.com under car shows > New Jersey.

I think it's at the Westfield Train Station, BUT not sure !!!!
The Bloomfioeld show is EVERY Wednesday nite 6-9 - Last week was 86 cars >>> really a great great show !!

Next will be TOMORROW night and then every Wednesday until the end of the month. It began in the 1st Wed. in June.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: