ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amphibious asc 85 Vert
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ponydude wrote:
From the extensive (wet) documentation I have found in the car, it came from Mountain Top, PA. My research indicates that is in the Poconos. Any help would be appreciated. When we pulled up the street address, it indicated an elevation of 1400 ft. Not very high and an aerial photo showed that it was in a valley.
The car was flooded sometime in September, hurricane remnants maybe. We are continuing to search for the last owner. Documents indicate that there may have only been two previous owners. And I'm pretty sure that the 53,000 is original.
Also, the speakers in the Recaros do work as does the Alpine stereo. We haven't tried the seat heaters yet, but the wires are not burned or melted.
So much more I could tell, but will sign off. Looking forward to seeing Mike tomorrow and showing him the car.

MUCH LUCK WAY TO GO GLAD SOMEONE BOUGHT HER AND IS GOING TO PUT HER BACK ON THE ROAD ONCE MORE IT IS A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK IT WILL PAY OFF!
2013 FORD F150 RAPTOR "TERRAIN TAN" 4X4 CREW CAB & LIFT ON 37s.
2016 SHELBY MUSTANG GT-H HERTZ EDITION #82 OF 171.
1995 F-350 CREW CAB DUALLY POWERSTROKE FULL BANKS KIT!
Foxfleet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

negusm wrote:

One thing we noticed is that the car sits very low...it must have been lowered. It sits as low as my car even though it has 215/60/R15 tires which are taller than the coupe's 225/50/R15 tires

Question is...did it get lowered by asc or another owner? The car is so original and untouched its not even funny.

-Mike

I thought of my car in much the same way. It had a long life in the desert, but everything seemed to be original, down to the spark plug wires.

I believe I am the 3rd owner, and I would venture to say from past conversations, that my vert was never modified. However, it sits ridiculously low and sports bald and desert dry-rotted 225-60's. It sits much lower than my Coupe, which still sports the original C springs.

I have seen several Capri verts, including some very low mileage verts, and all seem to be this low. I always assumed they got lowering springs from the factory, and maybe with the extra weight appear lower than the Coupes. I am going to examine my springs and see if I can find anything interesting.
85 asc/McLaren Capri 5.0 SC Vert-lots of miles
68 Cougar 5.0/C4 Tubbed, Caged, Project Pumpkin
55 Ford F 100-Full 5.0, 5 speed, wiring, S-trim
ponydude

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Amphibious 85 ASC vert Reply with quote

I appreciate all of the support on this project, especially from Mike, Sandy, n20capri, and RARE-ASC.
I would like to move further discussion to the main message board. I posted a message about what we have found this weekend.
Thanks again to all.
'81 T-Top Coupe
2-'84 1/2 GT 350's 5.0 5speeds, 1 T-Top
'95 Mustang GTS
'83 Black Magic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: