ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back at Home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlyons13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Back at Home Reply with quote

Well guys, three years after I had surgery to remove about 10 inches of large intestine due to a puncture and subsequent infection, I found myself back in the hospital last Thursday as a severe infection took hold in another section. Lost close to two feet this time! Surgery on Monday, kicked out on Wednesday, and left to deal with all sorts of disability paperwork for the next 4-6 weeks. This SUCKS! But I'm alive. Don't think I ever saw a better sight than the pine trees that line the back of my yard swaying in the 40 MPH winds we had here yesterday.

I am still going to try to make the Butler NJ show on April 27th. But if I don't you'll know why.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
bryan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your predicament. Congrats on coming home, and best of luck in your recovery.
'87 Guards Red ascMcLaren (#398)
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear this. I know what it can do to a person. I too have been fighting illness, and had major surgery last November 19th & a hospital stay. I am still healing, and weak. It takes time, and a positive outlook. I wish you well.

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, that crap sucks.

Get well soon.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
75coug

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry hear about that. Get well soon.

Just curious, but do the doctors know what caused the infection to return after so much time had passed?

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
rlyons13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

negusm wrote:
Damn, that crap sucks.

Get well soon.

-Mike

HAHAHAHAHA, crap sucks! Good one! For some reason, I've been laughing my head off over everyone's unintentional puns!

The puncture 3 years ago, no one knows. I knew from what the surgen told me the first time, the area below the puncture would be susceptial (sorry for the spelling guys) to infection, but I had already been under for 4 hours to fix the first problem, and it appeared perfectly healthy with no sign of infection ever, so he left it. This time the piece that went was where everyone usually has it. SO, even though I have really no more to lose, everything tht's left is solid.

Funny thing is that I followed the diet given me 3 years ago to a "T". Just meant to happen, I guess. And I'm still young enough to be walking (but not willingly) less than 12 hours after surgery. Was able to walk with my wife 4 blocks and back to the QUick Check to get a paper.

There is a little hole-in-the-wall place two towns over that makes unbelievable BBQ. I can't tell you how much I want a rack-o-ribs right now. But it's yummy buttered egg noodles for me for the immediate future!

And I just found out that when you go on disability in the "new" AT&T, they lock you out of everything I need in order to fill out all the disability forms. Hell, I can't even print my paystubs! Dirtballs.
ASCMCLRN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Back at Home Reply with quote

rlyons13 wrote:
Well guys, three years after I had surgery to remove about 10 inches of large intestine due to a puncture and subsequent infection, I found myself back in the hospital last Thursday as a severe infection took hold in another section. Lost close to two feet this time! Surgery on Monday, kicked out on Wednesday, and left to deal with all sorts of disability paperwork for the next 4-6 weeks. This SUCKS! But I'm alive. Don't think I ever saw a better sight than the pine trees that line the back of my yard swaying in the 40 MPH winds we had here yesterday.

I am still going to try to make the Butler NJ show on April 27th. But if I don't you'll know why.

Hi Robert,

I know sometime has passed just wanted to check up on how you have been feeling and doing? Hope all is well.

Nick Smile
rlyons13

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for asking. Hard to believe I needed emergency surgery to save my life on 3/17 and within 6 weeks I was back to work, and a short time later I was back working on the cars, riding a bike, playing tennis, yada yada yada. Modern medicine is truely amazing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: