ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Picture of my wreck in 1993
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: B303 Cam Reply with quote

bigzeke42 wrote:
Mike do you have any paint color on your B303 cams?

The NOS one has nothing except some green covering one of the channels completely near the gear. It does not look like a distinctive mark but maybe is normal when they make them?

The used one looks like it has a very small bit of yellow on the end. The green looks to be there but has worn.

Both are stamped B303

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
Hey...I didn't know you were # 108 ! Shocked I am # 109, we are brothers! Yes, I have the B303 Cam. On warm start-up we ShAkE a bit, and at times we conk out 'round about 35-40 seconds running. On start-up we purr like a kitty and all is okay. The power the car has, (it's totally bone stock) is (I hate to use this word, but) AWESOME ! The throaty sound from the pipes is like a symphony ! Mi ne's a 4-Speed Automatic, with the 3.73:1 Traction Lok Axle.
Where I went to buy it they also had a Raven Black one with the Platinum Silver Striping, Decals, Logos. That car (I beleive) was also an automatic and had a manual pop-up Sun Roof. She was # 111. 110 was also there. He was a like black/silver decals, solid top 5-Speed Stick.
There were 3 EuroCouopes, All Oxford White, all Stick. Popsicle Orange single thin stripe set into the indentation in the side moulding, and F/R bumper mouldings. All 3 had stock Ford Am Fm Stereo with Cassette, No Alpine.
Then they had a boatload of 86 Verts from ascMcLaren. I recall counting a dozen of them.
The one I recall most vividly ('Cause I wanted it) was Platinum Silver with Dark Blue Recaro Seats, Premium Door Panels, Dark Blue Top Cloth,
Automatic Tranny, V-8 , Remote Control Illuminated Entry, Alpine Stereo with Cassette & Kenwoods and the Whistler Remote Radar System with
the mesh wheels. The mesh wheels had a polished silver rim, and center disc and the "spokes" (or mesh) was dark blue to match the car's roof. The center cap was the dark blue with orange ascMcLaren.
She was a knock out and was THE only car there of the 'Vert, that had EVERYTHING on the ascMcLaren MENU!! It was alot of $$$. They were looking for $27,500
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
Where I went to buy it they also had a Raven Black one with the Platinum Silver Striping, Decals, Logos. That car (I beleive) was also an automatic and had a manual pop-up Sun Roof. She was # 111. 110 was also there. He was a like black/silver decals, solid top 5-Speed Stick.

Sandy I thought I have car #111 and its a Stick Shrug
bigzeke42

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img] I was told to Regarding cam you can easily take out the distributor and look down at the cam tip. If you see I believe it was orange paint on the tip it is a B cam. [/img] (This is from a earlier post)
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I remember that post.

Unfortunately I have never heard corroboration of it.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay....I was not 100% positive on the Tranny. (Refer back to how I stated it). It's 20 years. I was 41 then Wink Did buy it new? Did you find what dealer ordered it ? Let me know. I am as curious as you are.
My selling dealer had dash plaques 109 / 110 & 111. They MAY HAVE had others that were earlier !! When my Coupe came in to the dealership, it was THE ONLY 1986 on the truck !!!!! All the rest were 1987s !! It was September of 1986, so they might have has prior (sold already) prior
1986s.... with lower dash plaque #s.
But the # of 'Verts was enought to make a dealer hang themselves !
I could not recall the exact # but it was more than 15 ~~

But, Oh....the Silver & Navy one, with every option, still haunts me.

BTW, in my ending sentence, I guess my brain awoke....

((Where I went to buy it they also had a Raven Black one with the Platinum Silver Striping, Decals, Logos. That car (I beleive) was also an automatic and had a manual pop-up Sun Roof. She was # 111. 110 was also there. He was a like black/silver decals, solid top 5-Speed Stick. ))

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I measured the lobe with a caliper on my 2 B303 cams. The lobe at it's widest is 1.7".

Can you measure the cam with a caliper that came out of your 86 5.0?

Can you see your last 8 digits of your VIN on the rear top pad of your block? This would verify the engine was original to the car.

-Mike
86capriasc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went down and measured mine and the lobes seem to be about 1.71-1.72.
1986 ASCMclaren #108
stock E7 short block, explorer intake, 65mm TB, home built Gt45 turbo kit, 3.08s, Borla cat-back, '05 slot maf, Gt-40p heads, TFS1 cam, 80lb injectors, E85, Qaurterhorse tuner.
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting to see what the lobe on a stock cam is.

Can you check to see if your engine block has the vin? It will be stamped (very lightly) on the flat area that would be between the rear of the intake and the firewall.

-Mike
86capriasc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any vin # in that spot. i cleaned it with brake cleaner and wiped in down. There is a very light coat of rust on there. Like I said before I'm sure the car was completely stock when I got it.
1986 ASCMclaren #108
stock E7 short block, explorer intake, 65mm TB, home built Gt45 turbo kit, 3.08s, Borla cat-back, '05 slot maf, Gt-40p heads, TFS1 cam, 80lb injectors, E85, Qaurterhorse tuner.
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some math. Seems like a stock cam may be less than 1/32 inch different from the B303?

I hope somebody at FEP can measure a stock 86 cam to see.

It may be inconclusive to try and measure things this way.

-Mike
tfs2121

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i dont think you are going to beable to do it with just a caliper your going to have to use a micrometer. what is the factory lift?

a B303 cam has a .300" lift on both I and E lobe.
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.2775 = stock from what I have found.

Well, then 86capriasc, do you have a micrometer?

Also, the vin on the block will be very very light. So light that you may need to catch the light just right shining off the block.

-Mike
86capriasc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I do not.
1986 ASCMclaren #108
86capriasc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would I measure it if I can get one?
1986 ASCMclaren #108
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: