ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starting Over

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mustangjim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Starting Over Reply with quote

Hi All-

I hope all of you are doing well and hope everyone had a good holiday season. Sandy, I am really glad to hear you are still "Vertical", it's good to hear your winning your fight. You will make it through, Hell, you have too much work to do here yet!

Personally, I am glad 2008 is behind us. After 15yrs with Chrysler (been laid off the last 13 months) I took the buy-out offer, I did not have much chance on getting back to work until 2010 or 2011 (If the company exists that long). My wife also lost her job in December as a manager with Linens N' Things. So here we are 15 years later and older starting over again in a pathetic economy and a ever shrinking job market. We did manage to raise the boys, get them through school and are enjoying
being grandparents x 4.

I started my own business recently. I have been a coin & currency collector for 30+ years as an investment and hobby, we figured we would take a shot at expanding it into the retail realm. So after 8 months of construction and development High Ridge Coin, Collectible & Currency is coming on-line, I have spent the last 2 months developing my on-line store and informational websites, you can check them out at:

www.stlcoin.com & www.hrccc.net

Please feel free to check them out and let me know what you think, I could certainly use the feedback!

I still have my 86 Eurocoupe (#19), she's in winter storage at Gateway Classic Cars in St. Louis, they require it to be on consignment and they shot a you-tube video of it, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsv4Ddda41E

At least I get to "visit" her via the video, I also go over there every 6 weeks or so, just to eyeball her. I have had a couple of offers on it, as being out of work so long is a temptation for selling it, but I have fended off the urge. I also just received an invitation to the Indy Mustang Show which has been moved from July 3-5 up to June 5-7 at the Speedway.

My store is starting off well, I have some good interest and really spent a lot of time in development, I never worked so many 14-16 hour days before this venture, but it does beat "working for a living".

I hope all of you are healthy and prosperous this year..... Hopefully, we will cross paths with some of you and your ASC's this year.

Best Regards,
Jim
Smile
1986 ASC McLaren Eurocoupe #19 of 47
1979 Mercury Capri Ghia - Sold 2007
1991 Triple Black LX - Sold 2005
1992 White & Gray LX - Sold 2004
1996 Moonlight Blue GT - Sold 2003
1989 25th Anniversary LX - Sold 2003
1984 Mercury Capri RS - Sold 2002
n20capri

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good Jim Good Luck with everything!
86 AscMcLaren Capri Coupe - #026 | 11.4@118 | 290/322
86 9L SVO
www.mikemartinelli.com
www.baldguydesigns.net

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Album
75coug

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your website looks great. Best of luck in the new venture.

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
jds3660

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep us posted if you do decide to sell the EuroCoupe. I'm not sure if you recognize my screen name, but we have talked through email on and off over the last few years regarding the car. It's beautiful and I've wanted one for a long time - but like you, I also work for Chrysler so the wallet is closed for now. If the right opportunity came about, though, I may loosen up.
Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what you guys did for Chrysler. However, I can tell you that my parents, my cousins and my aunt were devoted to Mother-Mopar.

I have in the past owned 5 Impeials, but my parents owned many more than that. My father's cousin drove nothing but Imperials and his wife always had some kind of Plymouth Sport Fury. In our basement, along with a ping pong table ans such hung a metal sign that proclaimed MOPAR SPOKEN HERE.

While Dad was a commercial real estate attorney and Mom was a Patent Attorney as was Dad's Sister #1 - dad was also a silient partner in a ICP store (Imperial-Chrysler-Plymouth). Dad died in 1985 and by that time had sold is 1/3rd of the ICP store. With NO more Imperials.

I owned NEW a 1968 Crown Convetible, a 1972 LeBaron, a 1974 LeBaron 2-Door Hdt. - a 1976 LeBaron Crown Coupe (St. Regis) and finally a 1982 Bustle-Back Imperial..
Then I migrated over ti Ford. I now own 2 Fords, 1 Mercury and a Lincoln.

But.....right now, there are no 2009 L-M cars I like, x-cept the Town Car and they stripped that naked for the 2009 edition.
But we were solid MOPAR people. Cousins defected to BMWs, Crying or Very sad

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
ZEN50

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to you Jim! Hope to see you both at a show this year.
'01 Dakota 4x4
Kevins89notch5.0

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful car there. I'm 99% sure, but thats the same one I saw at WFC in 01, 02, and 03, right? I talked to you a bit one of those years about the 84 Capri I had at the time.
ProTouringASC

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on starting your new venture! While I have never worked for Chrysler, I have been out of work since March, and like you I have also started to venture out on my own.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
mustangjim

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: ASC Reply with quote

Kevins89notch5.0 wrote:
Beautiful car there. I'm 99% sure, but thats the same one I saw at WFC in 01, 02, and 03, right? I talked to you a bit one of those years about the 84 Capri I had at the time.

My Eurocoupe is in fact the one you saw at WFC 4- 5 - 6 - 7 & 8 (2001-2005), I took it to WFC X at Indy as well. I do remember speaking with you about your 84 as I had just sold my 84 RS in 2001.

We are getting ready to pull it from Gateway in a couple of weeks, I don't know if we will get much opportunity to show it though as my business has been quite demanding of my time, I do want to hit Bob Chandlers (aka Bigfoot) show since it is for Childrens Miracle Network and possibly Dave Sinclairs show at McDonnell park.

Hope to see you out this season...

Jim Cool
mustangjim

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Starting Over Reply with quote

ProTouringASC wrote:
Congrats on starting your new venture! While I have never worked for Chrysler, I have been out of work since March, and like you I have also started to venture out on my own.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill

Hi Bill-
Hope all is going well with your business. Ours is expanding steadily, lots of 14-16hr days x 7 days a week, but it sure beats "working for a living" LOL -

Keep moving forward, I started developing my business while laid off from Chrysler (Fiat / Diamler - whatever its called this week!) I was laid off 15 months before taking the buy out offer, never have looked back....

Do you still have your vert? I saw a few months back you had it on the market? We have an auction coming up in June (MotoExotica) in St. peters, Mo. I am contemplating running it, I don't cherish selling it, but have had it stored at Gateway almost 2 years, due to the business does not allow the time to go out on the show circuit like years past.

Everyone on site here can check our new business out on-line at:

www.stlcoin.com or if in the STL area, stop on in, love to talk shop...

Best Regards,
Jim Wink
ProTouringASC

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I still have my 'vert. In fact, it has pretty much become my daily driver! I just purchased new tires for it (wow, what a difference!), and ordered a new piece of weather stripping to replace the torn and leaking stuff on the windshield header.

Glad to hear your business is going well! Your site looks great! Reminds me too, I have a couple of engagement rings from way back that I need to get rid of. With the current price of gold, I think now is the time to do it.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
capriman86

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim what can you tell me about this?
I have had it for years, found it when I was working for a place that rolled coins years ago, it got hung up in the hopper.

negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/NEDERLANDS-NETHERLANDS-1-CENT-1827-NICE-COIN_W0QQitemZ300300616696QQihZ020QQcategoryZ45154QQcmdZViewItem
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
mustangjim

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: 1827 Netherlands 1c Reply with quote

capriman86 wrote:
Jim what can you tell me about this?
I have had it for years, found it when I was working for a place that rolled coins years ago, it got hung up in the hopper.

I see Mike beat me to it. Some background history on this piece is copper coinage from England, the Netherlands & West Dutch Indies were commonly used in the states for commerce and were considered in trade at face value due to the lack of U.S minted coinage prior to the early 1800's before the U.S cents were produced and circulated.

Many early coppers from these regions were heavily circulated in the U.S, such as your piece exhibits, values are generally low for low grade specimens ($5-$10 range), but do markedly increase based upon condition.

Hope the info helps, funny how some coins are just as scarce as our beloved McLarens, yet do not command perceived values... just my 2c

Jim
Very Happy
capriman86

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for retiring on it huh? Laughing

Thanks guys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: