ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FYI: 87 ASC Mclaren #421 possibly f/t in texas
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiveoh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: FYI: 87 ASC Mclaren #421 possibly f/t in texas Reply with quote

I came across this at The Corral and thought someone here might be interested (in case the owner does not know about this site)...

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=587603

((Wow...I didn't know this was my first post...)) Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Album
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=235&highlight=

Looks like the same guy/car. He hasn't posted that it's for trade here.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
nixhex32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt post here cause i didnt want to piss anyone off for not having it long. its just not that practical right now for me to have a 2 seater. but now that the cat is out of the bag. same deal appiles.

sorry but i felt like crap when the wife handed down the orders. i love the car but the wife comes first(although i will have a sports car of some sort, as long as the kiuds can ride in the back)
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody here is going to get pissed. Maybe a little sad to see you lose the car but not pissed.

Let's hope you find her a good home (I mean the car not the wife).

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
nixhex32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey the later of those would allow me to keep the car!!! Laughing
75coug

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, one of my few local McLaren brethren is flying the coup. I hope that you find a good buyer. Good luck.

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
scoutdrivinrebel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

75coug wrote:
Alas, one of my few local McLaren brethren is flying the coup. I hope that you find a good buyer. Good luck.

If I could only find a 1986 Coupe in good condition (that isn't priced so high that I'll have to take a second mortgage) you would gain a DFW McLaren brethren. I'm trying. The 1986 coupe on Hank's site sure is nice, but it has two things going against it for me. It's in New York (damn thats a long way), and it's $12,000. It is however exactly what I am looking for. Does anyone want to offer me some encouragement? My wife sure wont.
nixhex32

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well you could buy my 87 vert and i could get a 92 lx coupe that i found.....
Sandy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daimler Chrysler has recently paid dearly, for the SCOUT name, to be used on a forthcoming Jeep.

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
75coug

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scoutdrivinrebel wrote:
75coug wrote:

If I could only find a 1986 Coupe in good condition (that isn't priced so high that I'll have to take a second mortgage) you would gain a DFW McLaren brethren. I'm trying. The 1986 coupe on Hank's site sure is nice, but it has two things going against it for me. It's in New York (damn thats a long way), and it's $12,000. It is however exactly what I am looking for. Does anyone want to offer me some encouragement? My wife sure wont.

The part about the car being in New York isn't a big problem. I bought my car from a guy on Long Island, and shipping it here was painless and fast (once I decided not to go with a cut-rate shipper).

The $12k . . . well, that's another story.

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
scoutdrivinrebel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
Daimler Chrysler has recently paid dearly, for the SCOUT name, to be used on a forthcoming Jeep.

Sandy,

I had read this on the web. Do you have a reputable source on this I can refer to? A group of Scout part suppliers (called Light Line) have actually owned the rights to use the name, sell and reproduce parts, etc. for years. They somehow share the rights to the name with International. I would be very suprised if they gave it up. I know that Nissan tried to buy it from them years ago (the Scout Terra name in specific) but Light Line wouldnt give it up. Nissan ended up calling their truck the Xterra. The rumors have been that International (Navistar) has been toying with the idea of building the Scout again as a competitor to the Hummer in the military business (and hopefully it would move into the civilian world). I don't know how true the rumors are. I dont frequent the Scout boards enough anymore to know. I will ask a friend of mine who is a member of Light Line. Attached is a pic of one of my Scouts. It will look nice towing an ASC Mclaren coupe, if I ever find one.
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scoutdrivinrebel wrote:
75coug wrote:

I guess that depends on what your definition of "good" is. That coupe you're talking about is far far away from "good". Its in the EXCEPTIONALLY MINT category. Cars in that range are extremely RARE. 12k may be a little pricey but IMHO, worth it.

If you want "good" there is a Eurocoupe on this board for $2500. If you're good with cars you could fix it up. That 12k one on Hank's site needs nothing....other than maybe some new door panels....which can be had with some patience.

The coupes are just really tough to find it seems. The verts seem to be a dime-a-dozen in comparison.

-Mike
scoutdrivinrebel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

negusm wrote:
scoutdrivinrebel wrote:
75coug wrote:

I guess that depends on what your definition of "good" is. That coupe you're talking about is far far away from "good". Its in the EXCEPTIONALLY MINT category. Cars in that range are extremely RARE. 12k may be a little pricey but IMHO, worth it.

If you want "good" there is a Eurocoupe on this board for $2500. If you're good with cars you could fix it up. That 12k one on Hank's site needs nothing....other than maybe some new door panels....which can be had with some patience.

The coupes are just really tough to find it seems. The verts seem to be a dime-a-dozen in comparison.

-Mike

I agree with everything you said. I have followed all the posts about the $2500 Euro and the #31 car on Hanks site. I cant seem to get #31 out of my head. We will see. This board is slowly but surely educating me on these cars. Thanks Mike.

Chris
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE SCOUT !!!!!!! Very Happy

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
scoutdrivinrebel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
NICE SCOUT !!!!!!! Very Happy

Thanks Sandy

I appreciate the compliment. I'll get a pic of my other one sometime and post it. It's even nicer.

Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: