ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Headlight/Taillight covers installed **PICS**
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n20capri

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Headlight/Taillight covers installed **PICS** Reply with quote

Well I finally got them on...today the weather was awesome after 2 feet of snow and weeks of super cold temps...

The rears were a bit of work to get right but I think they turned out awesome...Smile
Enjoy!

My new favorite pic

86 AscMcLaren Capri Coupe - #026 | 11.4@118 | 290/322
86 9L SVO
www.mikemartinelli.com
www.baldguydesigns.net

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Album
mustang marty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweeeeeet!!!!! Cool
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!!!!

Talk about a small item causing a MAJOR TRANSFORMATION!

I need to get mine on too!

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super duper nice! I approve 100%.

"Only driven to church by a little old lady and on Wednesdays to the
Ladies Tea at the library" Never smoked in, no pets."

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
n20capri

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
Super duper nice! I approve 100%.

"Only driven to church by a little old lady and on Wednesdays to the
Ladies Tea at the library" Never smoked in, no pets."

Well...it gets driven WAY more than that but it's never been smoked in, and I don't travel with pets...lol
86 9L SVO
www.mikemartinelli.com
www.baldguydesigns.net

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Album
75coug

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks awesome. Good work.

For what does "N20" stand?

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
n20capri

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

75coug wrote:

N20 (aka laughing gas)...or nitrogen (I) oxide, (nitrous oxide), a chemical compound, a colorless gas with a sweetish taste and odor. Its density is 1.977 grams per liter at STP. It is soluble in water, alcohol, ether, and other solvents. Although it does not burn, it supports combustion since it decomposes into oxygen and nitrogen when heated................lol
86 9L SVO
www.mikemartinelli.com
www.baldguydesigns.net

RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

n20capri wrote:
75coug wrote:

N20 (aka laughing gas)...or nitrogen (I) oxide, (nitrous oxide), a chemical compound, a colorless gas with a sweetish taste and odor. Its density is 1.977 grams per liter at STP. It is soluble in water, alcohol, ether, and other solvents. Although it does not burn, it supports combustion since it decomposes into oxygen and nitrogen when heated................lol

he was itching that question Smile seemed like a well prepared answer Laughing car looks awsome! i am a big coupe fan!
2013 FORD F150 RAPTOR "TERRAIN TAN" 4X4 CREW CAB & LIFT ON 37s.
2016 SHELBY MUSTANG GT-H HERTZ EDITION #82 OF 171.
1995 F-350 CREW CAB DUALLY POWERSTROKE FULL BANKS KIT!
75coug

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must confess that I do not pay attention to the drag racing world, so forgive me my ignorance, but I occasionally see things in magazines referring to NOS (not in the context of a reference to an new old stock part), and thought that it was some kind of odd shorthand for nitrous. Is NOS the same thing as N20?

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
n20capri

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

75coug wrote:
I must confess that I do not pay attention to the drag racing world, so forgive me my ignorance, but I occasionally see things in magazines referring to NOS (not in the context of a reference to an new old stock part), and thought that it was some kind of odd shorthand for nitrous. Is NOS the same thing as N20?

NO NO NO NO...lol. Thanks to the stupid movie "The Fast and the Furious" everyone now calls anything having to do with nitrous, "NOS"...HOWEVER, NOS is the acronym for Nitrous Oxide Systems Inc...one of the first companies to have nitrous systems for cars and motorcycles. Personally I've never called NOS NOS, I always would say N-O-S (like, I'd said the letters)...but now everyone says NOS...or Nawwwsss...it's so annoying...lol...

Either way I have a Compucar Nitrous System...Smile

Sorry for venting...Smile
86 9L SVO
www.mikemartinelli.com
www.baldguydesigns.net

MercRS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my covers and the holes don't line up what can be done?
69 Mercury Marauder X-100
70 Mercury Cyclone GT
86 McLaren Euro Coupe
85 McLaren Capri Coupe
03 Mercury Marauder
70 Ford Fairlane 500 SCJ DragPac
70 Mercury Cougar
73 Montego GT
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MercRS wrote:

Which holes? (front or back?) I still have ONE original front headlight bezel with 2 holes in it that doesn't line up well either.

I think I could work it to fit but will probably drill new holes....I just don't know which I should drill the holes in....the cover or the bezel....I'm thinking the bezel. The fronts aren't a big deal since they aren't seen with the hood down.

If it is on the back....then I would ask Hank if he has any that have not been drilled. The ones in the back are visible and you would probably have to fill the old holes in the bumper cover, paint and drill new ones....or if hank has ones not drilled already, give him your measurements or drill them yourself.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so fast. Hear me out.

When my coupe (86) was like a year old, I had the dumb idea to remove my rear ones, because there somehow was a small leaf inside & it was driving me crazy. They came off real easy. Going on took an hour plus my wife's help. The fit very very tight.

Try this:
Start with doing the two screws (upper & lower) on the 90 degree corners closest to the license plate area. Use the existing holes and scew in the screws like 60% of the way in. You will need the help of another person.
You go around to the car's side, with screw & screwdriver while helper places both palms open flat on the plexiglass and holds it secure against the car, and then walks one open palm in front of the other, kinda like streeetching the plastic to the corner, holding snug to the car. See then iof the side hole doesn't line up with the receiving cavaity Mine did.

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy, good tip. I bet you were cussing up a storm when you found out they didn't just go back on as easy as they came off!

I don't have any holes in my rear (bumper cover) since mine was refurbished and everything filled in. I suppose I should have measured the location of the holes! DOH!

Anybody want to take a picture and mark it up with the distance to the holes with the tailight cover off?

-Mike
n20capri

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

negusm wrote:
MercRS wrote:

Which holes? (front or back?) I still have ONE original front headlight bezel with 2 holes in it that doesn't line up well either.

I think I could work it to fit but will probably drill new holes....I just don't know which I should drill the holes in....the cover or the bezel....I'm thinking the bezel. The fronts aren't a big deal since they aren't seen with the hood down.

If it is on the back....then I would ask Hank if he has any that have not been drilled. The ones in the back are visible and you would probably have to fill the old holes in the bumper cover, paint and drill new ones....or if hank has ones not drilled already, give him your measurements or drill them yourself.

-Mike

Mike I had the same Dilemma with my rears...I didn't know what to re-drill...however I came up with a good solution without having to do major surgery. I will post close up pics of what I did when i get home. Oh yeah...I had to file down the bottom edge of the drivers side and had to "tweak" the passengers side with some heat and bending...lol.

My fronts went on fine. I had a new drivers side bezel so I was able to drill my own holes.

Also Sandy, I was attempting your technique but I was afraid something was going to snap...I also knew I'd one day have to take them off and I didn't want to have to go through it again...haha. Glad you were able to make it to work.
86 9L SVO
www.mikemartinelli.com
www.baldguydesigns.net

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: