ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What I have been up to lately

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProTouringASC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: What I have been up to lately Reply with quote

Hey guys! Just thought I would check in and let everyone know how things are going...

We are still working on readying the house for sale. So far we have re-sided 3/4 of the outside, with only the front left to do. This includes installing a sliding glass door on the back where previously there were only windows. Inside, I am 90% finished in the master bath, with only a bit of painting and grouting left to accomplish. Kristy has been working on packing anything not needed so that the house can be properly "staged" when it goes on the market. It is absolutely amazing how much junk we have accumulated!

Of course, the asc has moved on to a new home, but I have been working on its replacement. So far I have undone all of the stuff that was screwed up by previous owners including the installation of new a/c lines and compressor, a manual boost regulator valve, a boost bypass valve, as well as a good tune-up with plugs, cap, rotor, etc.

The entire interior is now out of the car, and I hope to start installing the interior out of my parts car soon. I will also be installing a new Kenwood head unit with Garmin Navigation, coupled with new MTX speakers, and a few amps and electronic cross overs I have laying around.

I have to admit, I am very impressed with the way Ford built these cars. The interior is packed full of sound deadeners and hush panels. I'll be adding a little more here and there, but overall, Ford built one hell of a car when they built these!

Once the interior is in, I will pull the car into the garage for the installation of new air-shocks in the rear coupled with new struts for the front. I will also check all suspension components and replace any that are not up to standard. New brake pads and flex hoses will finish that job, and then I will install the new 3" mandrel bent exhaust with a 3" high-flow converter and a set of resonator tips.

Finally, a day with the buffer and a good coat of wax, and it will be ready to have the power moonroof installed. Once that is finished, I'll get her tagged and on the road.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
ProTouringASC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here we are, a bit further along.

First, we did a bunch of work on my dad's boat, then I towed it down to NC where we waxed it and dumped it in the water.

It even floats!

Then it was time to get back on my Turbo Coupe! I installed a nice dash pad, a Ford Motorsports 140mph speedometer. I also installed an analog clock, a Kenwood head unit with built in Garmin navigation, and converted the dash lighting to red.

This morning the glass guy came and installed a new windshield. now I can work on getting the black interior in.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: