ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

C-A-R-S Program suspended! Sandy you missed out!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, this goes to prove how sick these wackos really are.
But, I really do not think they will be recieving any valuble, rare, special interest type of cars. (At least I hope not!!!)

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
But, I really do not think they will be recieving any valuble, rare, special interest type of cars. (At least I hope not!!!)
Who knows Sandy a buddy that works for a New car dealer and i will leave it at that.... told me about a 1 owner Elan i believe 85 Thunderbird with 30k actual that was just traded in on program..... Just very sad day ruining a good vehicle when there are folks out there that could really use it!
2013 FORD F150 RAPTOR "TERRAIN TAN" 4X4 CREW CAB & LIFT ON 37s.
2016 SHELBY MUSTANG GT-H HERTZ EDITION #82 OF 171.
1995 F-350 CREW CAB DUALLY POWERSTROKE FULL BANKS KIT!
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, ah, you see, ah, they want CHANGE and, ah, change is going to, ah..come, and ah, chevrolet, Buick & ah, ah, Cadillac will become, ah part of Nissan, while ah, Chrysler and ah, oh, ah Jeep and Dodge will be consumed by honDUH, ah and Veep, ah, oh 'ya, Veep Biden will locate any American cars left, ah, ah, in places that sell cars, ah, oh ya, I think they call them car dealers or some sort. I have to now refer you to Rachel & Keith. Ah, would ya like an imported beer while you are here?

ChuckG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And these flakes want to run health care?

Since lawyers are the ones making the demands we socialize, shouldn't we start with the legal profession?

What gets me is that it didn't specify American-Made. Sure, it helped dealers, but do I care Mazda plants get to work a full week?

Money says Ford and Chrysler were against that provision. Each wave the flag, and then build cars in Canada and Mexico, calling them "North American".

Do "North Americans" pay my taxes? Where is this new country? My globe must be outdated.

We won the War of 1812 and Britain had to keep Canada and we won the Mexican War, picking up Hollywood, Vegas, and the Dallas Cowboys, but the rest is still Mexico.
Tom S.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch it and weep. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

http://jalopnik.com/5327580/video-how-to-disable-a-cash-for-clunkers-car

'85 ASC Coupe #607910--sold and crushed RIP Crying or Very sad
'95 SVT Cobra--sold
'89 Oregon State Police SSP Mustang--sold
'86 LX 5.0 Coupe--sold
ChuckG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like watching someone put a pet to sleep.

Wonder if they pay off on pre-disabled cars? Drag in a car needing an engine, get $4500 off, watch the Feds run out of money/ pulls something dumb, and the dealer get left holding the bag on the $4500 they fronted.

Remember: Liberals HATE cars. They hate the people who build them, the people who sell them, the people who use them to go to work, etc.
ChuckG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
But, I really do not think they will be receiving any valuable, rare, special interest type of cars. (At least I hope not!!!)

I've seen film of many a rare firearm turned in for a new pair of kicks.

Grandpa leaves you a $1000+ WWII Lugar. You're too ghetto to know it's worth real money, so you give it to the cops in a gun sweep and gets a $29 pair of Keds.

No wonder you're poor!
RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom S. wrote:

Looks like a s40 turbo 5cyl even is it is a v60 i bet that one is rated better than the 18mpg min oops Rolling Eyes
RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RARE-ASC wrote:
Tom S. wrote:

Looks like a s40 turbo 5cyl even is it is a v60 i bet that one is rated better than the combined 18mpg min oops Rolling Eyes

shelbyscarab

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sandy"]......
The profits realized by the sales of the foreign cars made in the USA go back to the Mother-Country's corporations, therby enhancing and making their corporations stronger while makin American corporations weaker.
Human-wise, yes, there are 1,000s of Americans making foreign cars here in America, earning an honest living, BUT that is a different topc..........quote]

Thats what I've been saying for years Sandy! (not refering to you Mike)

If Ford, Chrysler, & GM would set up their factories like Honda and toyota (read between the lines here) their bottom lines would look much better.
1988 ASC McLaren #688
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason our government (all the way back to Reagon and before) refuses to force foreign companies to play on the same level field as our domestic companies.

Either make them all have unions. Or all do not have them. Make them all supply pensions, or none. All provide the same level of benefits or none. For cars coming in for overseas, they need an "adjustment" (heaven to bid anyone mentions TARRIF) to make them reflect the imbalance between the foreign cheap labor costs undercutting the domestic cars.

Until then the domestics will dwindle until they are niche players fighting VW and so forth for 5% of the market. If you are involved in the auto industry, I don't have much hope for your future....it doesn't matter who is in the WH.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing we deal in used vehicles it has been working out well for us thanks to the good lord above we are very thankful for what we have and have going on! Wink Used values will adjust if the new cars get more $ on them to sell.... it trickes down that means the used has to be a better value to move hence they bring less at auctions and so forth! Seen this first hand when gas was high suv and trucks were in the tank now they bring out of the book at auction for nice stuff. Cheap rides that qualify for the cash for clunkers program will go up in value also because there will still be a big demand for cheap rides and more so i feel as there are fewer of them!
ckj

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many may take this the wrong way, but unions and pensions need to go away. As a consumer that isn't my problem to deal with. In my industry (Semiconductors - or computer chips for the layperson) pensions were taken away from all of us nearly 5 years ago. Those days are long gone, and I know that may be something many of you older guys may not be able to wrap your hands around..

I also didn't sign any contract with a union stating I'm willing to pay a premium price for US car companies products so someone bolting a seat onto a frame all year long can make 100k per year. Hell there is no reason on god's green earth people should earn that much money for working on a line. I grew up in Michigan about an hour north of Detroit and most of the well off people in my city worked on the line at a factory in detroit. No degree, no education, but used to making large $$$ thanks to union negotiated contracts while GM and Ford were flush with cash.

It's an open marketplace, they clearly need to fix there problems. Most other industries NO LONGER offer pensions, they need to get with the program and update their policies to compete, not this bs bullying where people try to make me feel "un-american" for trying to get a fair price for a car. The rest of the industries in the US all compete on a equal playing field, why the heck should the US automotive industry be treated difference with respect to tarrifs?

And btw, My company makes most of the electronics for GM and Ford cars so we are really hurting right now with their struggles as well.
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what you say, but only if this was 1965. We, as a country, foolishly opened our gates to send here parts and finished product produced much cheaper due to wages, tarrifs, regulations and other reasons, that made our products not being able to compete, price-wise.
How many 2009 American cars have been exported to Japan?
Answer: NONE !!! Japan has closed it's gates to importing American brands. China. They send us billions of dollars worth of junk and it comes here in the largest ships afloat. It takes 80 crew members to empty 1 ship in NYC piers. It takes the 80 men 1 week ! The.....the ship returns to china....EMPTY. Today's interuptation of "Fair Trade" -

There is NO "Fair Trade" with the Asian countries. Even the president drinks foreign beer, publicly !

Toyo came here, bought land, built factories, not to give our people jobs, but to lessen their shipping expense! WE (the USofA cannot own land in Japan!!!!

But, there is some good news!! On this AM news, Toyo LOST 819 Mil during the last 4 months. Sweet

ckj

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy the reasons all the returning boats are empty is because we don't design products for any of those markets! It's our own fault. China doesn't need a 70k escalade, they need a 6k fiesta. Since our cost issues haven't been fixed there is no chance for us to even compete over there . This isn't a government problem, it's a lack of comprtitiveness problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: