ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Used Car - Documentation Fee ???
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shelbyscarab wrote:
I'm just curious as to what they are going to give me for trade-in of the McLaren.

you are kidding right????

Crying or Very sad
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shelby, here's waht you need to know. HOW MUCH WILL TRADING IN YOUR MC LAREN, SAVE YOU ON SALES TAX ??

Now then..... take the about it will save YOU on your state's sales tax, and ADD that amont TO what they are allowing you for your McLaren.

Now then.... What is more benaficial to you?? They allow you XXXX and is so doing you save XXXX on your tax, add the 2 together. Is it more or less than you can sell the McLaren yourself for ? If it is more...Trade it, and if it is less, sell the McLaren yourself.

However, dealing with the pubic is a P.I.T.A. and takes advertisments in the paper, staying home for people to show up, (who don't and forget how to telephone), and the dsatisfied buyer who returns to speak to you about how you cheated him and what a ThieF you are, when HE is drunk !!

So, alot also depends upon who shows up to look at your car.....

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
shelbyscarab

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plumkrazy wrote:
shelbyscarab wrote:
I'm just curious as to what they are going to give me for trade-in of the McLaren.

you are kidding right????

Crying or Very sad

Yea, totally kidding............ no way would I do that....

Wink

Still trying to make a deal though. I'm finding out thru car faxes that 90% of the specific SUV model I am looking at have been former rental agency cars...... Mad Most are pretty clean with between 40-50K. I think its a bad time to be buying an suv in Ohio though.... kind of like buying a convertible in the spring......
1988 ASC McLaren #688
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What brand SUV is this ? Is it an Isuzu?

There is nothing wrong with an Isuzu SUV, (it's a Trailblazer with a different (and nicer) grille, and if it has leather, it's a higher quality leather. However....when Isuzu pulled out of America, they left behind a few thou new, unused 2008 such vehicles, and most went to the "Big-3" rental companies. If so, ask to see maitenance records on your car.
If they do not have any paperwork, I would RUN AWAY.
If this car is a used car, run a carfax, before buying.
Carfax is not Godly, and do not take it as gospel - but it is a guide, and if nothing shows up that is bad - it does give you piece of mind.
Worth the $$$$

shelbyscarab

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
What brand SUV is this ? Is it an Isuzu?

There is nothing wrong with an Isuzu SUV, (it's a Trailblazer with a different (and nicer) grille, and if it has leather, it's a higher quality leather. However....when Isuzu pulled out of America, they left behind a few thou new, unused 2008 such vehicles, and most went to the "Big-3" rental companies. If so, ask to see maitenance records on your car.
If they do not have any paperwork, I would RUN AWAY.
If this car is a used car, run a carfax, before buying.
Carfax is not Godly, and do not take it as gospel - but it is a guide, and if nothing shows up that is bad - it does give you piece of mind.
Worth the $$$$

Oh yea, getting carfaxes.....

No, looking at Mariners or Escapes. (Isuzu doesn't exist in my world) The ones I've looked at are really clean with about 40K miles on them.... gotta get something soon.
1988 ASC McLaren #688
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll forward THAT onto Joe !! Rolling Laugh

Kentennis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife has a 2004 Ford Escape with the 'No Boundaries' package. It will RUN!! 3.0 V6 24 valves. She loves it! I bought it for her at Christmas 2003. If I sold or traded it, I'd be single again. 56,000+ miles and no problems. The Goodyear Wrangler tires are noisy though. But they aren't 1/2 worn out. And it looks great too. Has all the toys and with my X plan discount it was just a hair over $20,000.00 brand new. No trade. (Gave my 1997 Expedition to my stepdaughter) It had over 220,000 trouble free miles on it and with the 4.6 L engine got really good fuel mileage. From 22.5-24.9 overall for our trips. The Esacpe gets about 25 on the highway.
tfs2121

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kentennis wrote:
The Goodyear Wrangler tires are noisy though. But they aren't 1/2 worn out.

yes! i see this all the time. the shocks and struts on the escapes are crap. its not the brand of tire. they are cupped BAD from both lack of rotation and tulips shocks. thats the most common thing i see with escapes. also very common to see a pluged cat that will cause the EGR to explode or crack the manifold.

good luck
tfs2121

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah one thing to add about the car fax. i had a guy come in the other day. he had just got a new (to him) 07 GMC 1500. he came in for an alignment. he had a car fax done when he got the truck. it showed everything was fine. we get it on the rack and the frame is bent.

car fax only works if its reported...
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tfs2121 wrote:
Kentennis wrote:
The Goodyear Wrangler tires are noisy though. But they aren't 1/2 worn out.

yes! i see this all the time. the shocks and struts on the escapes are crap. its not the brand of tire. they are cupped BAD from both lack of rotation and tulips shocks. thats the most common thing i see with escapes. also very common to see a pluged cat that will cause the EGR to explode or crack the manifold.

good luck

Escapes also blow out frt control arm bushings, frt wheel bearings and all 4 brake flex hoses are too short and crack and break. Other things to watch for.
mustang marty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shelbyscarab wrote:

No, looking at Mariners or Escapes. (Isuzu doesn't exist in my world) The ones I've looked at are really clean with about 40K miles on them.... gotta get something soon.

I bought one of those 2009 Escapes in April with a few ticks under 10k. It is a 'base' Limited with leather and Sync and cost me nearly $9k less than new. I wish I could have bought mine at 0% but I am happy with my credit union's 4.95% rate at the time.

As for the doc fee, it maybe regulated by the state. Here in Washington, the dealers cannot charge a doc fee in excess of $250. It doesn't matter if the car is $700 or $700,000, there is $250 doc fee.
shelbyscarab

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tfs2121 wrote:
oh yeah one thing to add about the car fax. i had a guy come in the other day. he had just got a new (to him) 07 GMC 1500. he came in for an alignment. he had a car fax done when he got the truck. it showed everything was fine. we get it on the rack and the frame is bent.

car fax only works if its reported...

Wow, that sucks. I knew that about car faxes.....

I looked at a '08 Mariner that was VERY suspect. Very dirty carfax for such a new car. It was one of those "wanted to like it" situations, but walked away.
1988 ASC McLaren #688
shelbyscarab

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, search over. went with an '08 Ford Escape Limited - CPO car, loaded. I have other family with Limited Escapes and none have given any problems whatsover, and very happy with the one we found. Plus 5K below book value Exclamation
Very Happy
1988 ASC McLaren #688
Kentennis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Ford Escape Reply with quote

Good for you. I bought the wife's brand new because we buy new and keep forever! 2004 with the 'No Boundaries' package. Loaded. Also can buy under the X plan.

And: A check reveals no cupping of the tires, no brake hose cracks, brakes are still very good with lots of life left. Tire wear is minimal at 56,000+ miles. No problems at all. No leaks. Just the damn road noise from the Goodyear Wranglers, which it had on day 1. And it's performance has some gonads (With the V-6).
Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck, to you, Shelby ! Miles of smiles !! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: