ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quiet !! Happy Thanksgiving Week !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scoutdrivinrebel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Quiet !! Happy Thanksgiving Week !! Reply with quote

The site sure is quiet. No new posts for a few days? Where is everybody?

Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving week!!!
Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am here. It's a sad day, today - for me. It's the day I take into the basement, my HOSE. I love washing my cars, and do it weekly. (and) Now in New Jersey, it's finally turned cold - well too cold to wash outdoors. It's nice today (57 degrees & sunny) but after today, we are getting 5 days of RAIN, followed by temps not getting much above 44 degrees.
Now, I have to wait until like the 3rd week in April, to haul it out.
We 3 are going to our Son's Girlfriend's house to break bread with her, her mom & her grandma. Only bad part is that it's 60 miles away or 120 mile hike, all on interstates Crying or Very sad Which is why my son's bought new 2007 car has 33,600 miles on it, in 22 months !!!

You have a nice holiday, too.

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weather has be cold and raining off and on for a couple of weeks Frost often.

The cars are sleeping in a warm dry place having happy thoughts of next spring. Except maybe the GP which may be having nightmares of being torn apart and dragged out into the cold. Twisted Evil
85McLaren

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going home soon to see my parents. Of course - I will be on a PC still. Smile Had my 86 mclaren out yesterday just to make sure I killed any mice that might have gotton in the tailpipes or somewhere while sitting in my garage for over a month or 2 without me starting it. I have already seen a couple of mice around in here. It is that damn time again - unfortunately. I had some that ATE my brand NEW 86 capri engine hood liner off my other 86 capri years ago. They destroyed it and made a nest between the upper and lower intake. Damn things. Don't they know I can't get another NEW ORIGINAL liner.... Evil or Very Mad

Everyone have a good Thanksgiving.

Jason
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Disney World until Tuesday. Only sporadically connected to the internet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Kentennis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Where? Reply with quote

Been in Jacksonville, Fl, Interlachen, Fl, Gainesville, Fl, Fanning Springs, Fl, Chiefland, Fl, Homosassa Springs, Fl, Inglis, Fl and home. And points in between. Just in the past few days.

I hate Thanksgiving. I feel like a cannibal!!
scoutdrivinrebel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

negusm wrote:
I'm in Disney World until Tuesday. Only sporadically connected to the internet.

Have fun Mike. I'll be there in March.
Kentennis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Orlando Reply with quote

We go to Kissimmee and the Old Town Entertainment Complex about 1-2 times a year. Just down the street from Disney. There are car shows on Friday and Saturday nights. Friday is for 1973 and newer, Saturday for 1972 and older. Lots of mind bogglig cars there. I can recommend Damon's for ribs or prime rib!!

On Oct 4th we went to Silver Springs with the Corvette for an all GM show. Going again in January with the McLaren. They are having an all Ford show. Entry is free for the first 1000 registrants and you get 2 passes to the attraction. DON'T PARK NEAR THE GIRAFFES if you go. Man do they smell!!!
tfs2121

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
Which is why my son's bought new 2007 car has 33,600 miles on it, in 22 months !!!

not bad. a guy i work with has a 2006 civic with over 100K. he got 100K miles out of the factory brake pads!

I have been around... closing on my house wed! all i think about day and night is that darn hosue.

Happy gobble gobble to all!
scoutdrivinrebel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tfs2121 wrote:
Sandy wrote:
Which is why my son's bought new 2007 car has 33,600 miles on it, in 22 months !!!

not bad. a guy i work with has a 2006 civic with over 100K. he got 100K miles out of the factory brake pads!

I have been around... closing on my house wed! all i think about day and night is that darn hosue.

Happy gobble gobble to all!

Most of my sales guys drive our company cars about 40,000 miles a year. Personally, I drove my last Milan 28,000 miles a year. DFW is a big sales territory and we get around. I have a guy in an 08 model now with 95,000 miles on it. I just ordered him a new Fusion.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: