ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

upcoming ebay sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
75coug

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: upcoming ebay sale Reply with quote

I received this e-mail via ebay today. I guess that we can be on the lookout for a 1985 or 1986 convertible to be on sale there soon:

Hello, You bid on my ASC/Mclaren conv. several months ago. The reserve was not met. Are you still interested in the car. I am going to relist it as a no reserve auction soon. Let me know if your interested. It is a nice car just needs a little TLC. I have a little girl now and my student loans are due so my priorities have changed. That is why the car is for sale. EBAY ID: Asccapri

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wonder how many 1987-1990 are:-
1) In mint (or better) condition
2) In the original buyer's hands
3) Have never seen the inside of a bodyshop
4) Have mileage that amounts to under 6,000 a year on them.

I'd bet under 10%, which would be around 180.

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
mustang marty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! I'm 0 for 5 on that list!!! Laughing
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mustang (late model) does not attract the same type of person that the Corvette attracts. I go to car shows. There are usually over 50 Corvettes that look like they are still sitting on the showroom floor from whatever year they are. They are 100% original, non-altered, non-customized, flawless concours condition. You know. You have all seen them, too.
Then you come to Mustangs, Saleens, ascMcLarens, Steedas and whatever else. ONE maybe is like I described the above Corvettes. Every other one is a custom, or a trash bucket massaged back to life, or nicely done with the wrong seats, or visable bondo in the rear quarters, or a poorly executed "restoration" no where near the level(s) on the Corvettes sitting across from them.
This is not true of the 1964-1973 Mustangs! Yes, they are flawless! The Mustang IIs are like non-existant. From 1979 to 1989 they are as I have just described. I once overheard & listened in to 2 'Vette owners arguing over which interior door lock plunger button was correct! Yet, out of 11 1979 to 1989 displayed Mustangs, trhere was not one with the OEM wheels on it. Funny, ain't it??

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
mustang marty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 79-86 Mustangs are now at the same spot in the restoration cycle as the 65-69s were at in 1985. The roads at the time were littered with 65 coupes owned by people who thought a new Earl Scheib paint job, and black astroturf carpeting was a restoration. Sounds kind like today's 85 Mustangs, don't it?

Once a fully restored or all original 86 SVO starts commanding the current prices of a 70 Mach 1, then you will start seeing more 79-93 Mustangs and Capris that are done right.
ponydude

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been telling people for a couple of years that the '79 to '93 Mustangs and Capris are the '55 to '57 Chevrolets of the future.
I truly believe that if one buys all of the Fox body Mustangs and Capris they can find at reasonable price, in 10 years, they will be sitting on a gold mine.
'81 T-Top Coupe
2-'84 1/2 GT 350's 5.0 5speeds, 1 T-Top
'95 Mustang GTS
'83 Black Magic
svt1996cobra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: 1979-93 Mustangs and Capri's Reply with quote

You gentleman are right on! The 79-86 Car's started the rebirth of the performance era. In 1982 when the "boss is back" came out America was sick and tired of a "sticker performance cars" they wanted the real deal! Granted a 157 horsepower 82 Mustang or Capri does not set the world on fire by todays standards, but then, it was close to 50 horsepower more than a 79 5.0 Mustang or Capri. I feel if you have a nice example of these early era cars, hold on to it. I feel the value will go up. The Saleens, ASC Mclarens, and special feature cars Ford has put out will be the sought after examples of this era. Just my thoughts, but I would not base my retirement on the fact that these cars are going to be worth more. Keep in mind cars are a hobby, not retirement.

David
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me play the pessimist....

In 5-7 years you will hear a sucking sound from everyone running to pick up used 2005 Mustangs. The real test will be if the enthusiast base for fox-bodied cars remains...and their value climb....or will the market be deluged with all kinds of abandoned projects and daily drivers from people heading to the "next level".

It could happen....I too wouldn't bet my retirement on these cars.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
mustang marty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SN95 cars could end up being more deisrable than the FOX's.

The Mustang II still is the black sheep of the line. Unless you have a mint 78 King Cobra, these cars are not increasing in value even as they are getting harder to find. Desirability is what makes the prices go up. Same era Camaros and Firebirds are currently having a similar fate as the beguiled II. The later cars are actually more desirable than the mid-70's 'classics'.
ponydude

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I didn't say what I meant. I feel that, as restomods, these cars will fare well. And parts cars will be sought after. I have already seen an upturn in prices for parts cars in this area. And the availability of these vehicles is becoming less as we speak. Maybe it's just a passing fad, but Ford performance parts are now competitive with GM small block parts, which adds to the demand.
'81 T-Top Coupe
2-'84 1/2 GT 350's 5.0 5speeds, 1 T-Top
'95 Mustang GTS
'83 Black Magic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: