ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Capri vert door panel carpeting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foxfleet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Capri vert door panel carpeting Reply with quote

In response to Mike's question concerning door panel carpeting on Capri verts.

negusm wrote:
Mustang Marty (or Sandy or anyone else), do the asc Capri verts have the hatch door panels or the vert door panels with the higher carpet area? I haven't been paying attention.

-Mike

Hey Mike, I just checked my vert to make sure I was right in my original assumption. My car came with vert door panels with the high carpet. However, just like Mustang Marty, the door panels I bought to replace my worn out stock pieces are from a Coupe. I had mine off while I was doing my interior and I couldn't remember for sure.....but I found a pic.

The only pic I can find on my new PC is the one I posted concerning the back bone of the verts, but you can just barely see that the driver's side panel has high carpet. I fitted the additional armrest from asc on my Coupe panels, and the vinyl divider between the carpet and pleather is right at the bottom of the armrest.

85 asc/McLaren Capri 5.0 SC Vert-lots of miles
68 Cougar 5.0/C4 Tubbed, Caged, Project Pumpkin
55 Ford F 100-Full 5.0, 5 speed, wiring, S-trim
Foxfleet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
I have not a clue. My guess would be the stock hatch door panels, since there was no convertible capri from dearborn.

EDIT: Just went & looked at Tom's Fotki Album of like 500 ascMcLaren Pics. They all used the lower carpet, stock Capri Hatchback Door Panel, with & without the Recaros.

Hmmm...The mustang convertibles of the era had the high carpet though...maybe they dipped into that stock.

I am having a hard time seeing the panels on the cars with the extra
armrests, but the black car on pg. 3, the red car on pg. 4 have the high carpet.

Edit....

Pg. 13+14---The two 84's have low carpet with armrests.

PG. 10---The white 85 has high carpet with armrests, the red 86 has high carpet, no armrests.

Pg. 13+14---The red 86's have high carpet no armrests.

Pg. 14---Mustang Marty's looks to have high carpet.

Just a few here, but does anyone know if any Mustang verts in 84 had high carpet or not???? Maybe asc started using them in 85-86, but not on the 84's.
Foxfleet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this 84 GT350 has the high panels.....anyone know if the Ford had tan interior verts in 84????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4532301886&category=6236&sspagename=WDVW

Here is another 84 with grey....Ford had grey in 84 for verts, obviously not 84 asc verts with grey.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4531238281&category=6236&sspagename=WDVW

Ebay's completed listings total for 84 verts..... three red interior verts, all high carpet. 2 grey interior verts, both high carpet.
Foxfleet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man!!! Any one remember these????

http://www.smallsautosales.com/1984Zimmer.html

I was cruising Yahoo images for 84's with tan interior...no verts yet, but here's something to look at.
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they pop up fairly often on ebay.

They are built off from a Fox Mustang body.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
mustang marty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, my original ones were 'vert panels as you can see in this pic...

While I have to admit that I have been only looking for a few months, trying to find a set of 20yo vert door panels that don't have waterlogged backing boards, in any color, has been trying. Most of the non-vert blue panels that I came across were so badly beat up or poorly dyed another color. The only good ones that I was finding were from the 87-93 verts. When I saw my newly purchased ones on eBay, I was overjoyed.

I wonder what the purpose of the higher carpet actually served. One would think that the carpet would hold addtional moisture than the vinyl which would lead to water logged panels and rust.
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustang marty wrote:
Yes, my original ones were 'vert panels as you can see in this pic...

While I have to admit that I have been only looking for a few months, trying to find a set of 20yo vert door panels that don't have waterlogged backing boards, in any color, has been trying. Most of the non-vert blue panels that I came across were so badly beat up or poorly dyed another color. The only good ones that I was finding were from the 87-93 verts. When I saw my newly purchased ones on eBay, I was overjoyed.

I wonder what the purpose of the higher carpet actually served. One would think that the carpet would hold addtional moisture than the vinyl which would lead to water logged panels and rust.

The Mustang Convertibles could have speakers in the rear portions of the doors...stock from Ford. The higher carpet would allow for a nice speaker enclosure. I was made aware of this not too long ago on FEP.

However, now that I see how asc did their arm rests...I bet they designed them figuring that they may need to fit either door panel.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
ponydude

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe my '85 Vert is all original, and it has the low carpet on the original ASC McClaren door panels.
Maybe I missed something, but that's what I've got.
'81 T-Top Coupe
2-'84 1/2 GT 350's 5.0 5speeds, 1 T-Top
'95 Mustang GTS
'83 Black Magic
ponydude

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected. My son reminded me that the McLaren armrests cover the upper part of the carpeting.
'81 T-Top Coupe
2-'84 1/2 GT 350's 5.0 5speeds, 1 T-Top
'95 Mustang GTS
'83 Black Magic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: