ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Memories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philtracip

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: My Memories Reply with quote

I at the fault of repeating myself must tell a story:

I am the puchasee of the 12k mile, Blue, 5 Speed, ASC Mclaren on EBay.
When I turned 16 my father "who self earned a "bit-o-cash" Laughing through a lot of hard work" bought a 1986 McLaren and knew his 16 year old son LOVED cars. So I was given the opportunity to THRASH the car for years until I totally wrecked it in Pennsylvania. I not knowing what I had underfoot regret this now but that is another story entirely. I fixed it with him and completely reworked all the bodywork and made a unique car no longer near stock (pics of which I will post later, hopefully). Years later I mistakenly sold that car to my brother and we had a falling out.
My brother and I no longer talk and I had no chance to buy back this car. It is the car I would choose over any other "due to the memory factor" and I now own probably the finest example anywhere on earth!!! Believe me guys and gals the pictures on Ebay do No justice (I will post more soon) and I think what I paid was VERY fair. In 10 years we will find out but for now I feel that my investment was solid.
My wife above all others made this possible as I am not a rich man, I do enjoy toys and work very, very hard to own them so I feel as though I have been blessed to own this example of a wonderful, unique car. I am also gonna post a few pics of my Bike (the other toy) just to show it off, I hope no one minds.

Thanks to my Traci, Mom, Dad, Gram, David (seller) and God.

Truly Yours,
Phil
1986 Paris Blue/Tan ASC McLaren Convertible, #60 out of 265, 12k Miles, ALL original
1998 "Donny Smith" Full Custom Softail, Insane Paint, 110C.I S&S Engine, FAAAST!!
1997 "X-Code" Grand Prix GTP, 1 of 1 produced, Factory Ram Air, 292 H.P. FWD
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Phil. Glad to know the car found an appreciative owner.

(btw, I saw your duplicate post in the classifieds, I'm going to axe that one and people can reply here)

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Philtracip

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: How do I attach pics????????????????? Reply with quote

How do I attach pics????????????????? And how do I successfully attach a pic to my signature?????
1986 Paris Blue/Tan ASC McLaren Convertible, #60 out of 265, 12k Miles, ALL original
1998 "Donny Smith" Full Custom Softail, Insane Paint, 110C.I S&S Engine, FAAAST!!
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your post above (any of your posts for that matter), you will see an "album icon/button. This is your personal album. You may upload pictures there.

When you post, use the "Img" button above the edit box to wrap your picture's URL like so:

Code:
[img]http://urltopicture[/img]

Your picture will show up in the post.

Also, you can post some examples to the general album. Click on the "Album" button at the top of this or any page and you will see categories for all the asc cars by year.

BTW, your car is my absolute favorite of any of the verts I have seen on this board.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can attach an "avatar" to your profile. My avatar is the image you see at the left with my handle above it.

Click the "profile" button at the top of the page and scroll down and upload the avatar there. The image can only be 90x90 and 12kb.

On the other hand....I have setup the albums to be VERY generous on image size. Most pictures taken at full resolution and minimum compression from today's digital cameras won't need resizing....that will remain until we run out of space....which we are not close to yet. The avatars I have kept small so that load time will not be adversely affected for people with dialups (and since the main dude around here, Sandy, has dialup...that isn't changing too soon Very Happy ).

-Mike
Philtracip

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: HELP Reply with quote

I am a newbie and wanna start this over with some knowledge please let me call or you call me and then we can erase this crapola:)
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY ! I ain't got no "doll-up" Sad

I am on lightening fast Cable Modium.

""Main Dude""....Geeez the head's gonna inflate Shocked

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
HEY ! I ain't got no "doll-up" Sad

I am on lightening fast Cable Modium.

Oh cool. I just remember back when you had modem troubles...you must have moved up then. I couldn't live without it.

-Mike
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you managed to upload a picture of your car.

Just click on it in your album, copy the URL and paste it between some image tags like so:

Code:
[img]http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/phpBB/album_pic.php?pic_id=225[/img]

negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need to create a much much smaller image for your avatar.

-Mike
fredzilla

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Oh Yeah, I remember that ASC vert on ebay.One
of the best kept ASC mclaren Capri s that I have seen. Cool
RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: My Memories Reply with quote

Philtracip wrote:
I at the fault of repeating myself must tell a story:

I am the puchasee of the 12k mile, Blue, 5 Speed, ASC Mclaren on EBay.
When I turned 16 my father "who self earned a "bit-o-cash" Laughing through a lot of hard work" bought a 1986 McLaren and knew his 16 year old son LOVED cars. So I was given the opportunity to THRASH the car for years until I totally wrecked it in Pennsylvania. I not knowing what I had underfoot regret this now but that is another story entirely. I fixed it with him and completely reworked all the bodywork and made a unique car no longer near stock (pics of which I will post later, hopefully). Years later I mistakenly sold that car to my brother and we had a falling out.
My brother and I no longer talk and I had no chance to buy back this car. It is the car I would choose over any other "due to the memory factor" and I now own probably the finest example anywhere on earth!!! Believe me guys and gals the pictures on Ebay do No justice (I will post more soon) and I think what I paid was VERY fair. In 10 years we will find out but for now I feel that my investment was solid.
My wife above all others made this possible as I am not a rich man, I do enjoy toys and work very, very hard to own them so I feel as though I have been blessed to own this example of a wonderful, unique car. I am also gonna post a few pics of my Bike (the other toy) just to show it off, I hope no one minds.

Thanks to my Traci, Mom, Dad, Gram, David (seller) and God.

Truly Yours,
Phil

Hey man looking good really glad you are happy with her and glad she went to a good home keep me updated thanks David
2013 FORD F150 RAPTOR "TERRAIN TAN" 4X4 CREW CAB & LIFT ON 37s.
2016 SHELBY MUSTANG GT-H HERTZ EDITION #82 OF 171.
1995 F-350 CREW CAB DUALLY POWERSTROKE FULL BANKS KIT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: