ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sandy's Cars
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Sandy's Cars Reply with quote

Here are the pics and a few vids From my visit with Sandy. I got there late so it was a whirlwind tour!

I wish I could have gotten some more pics of the coupe...but I think what I got was pretty cool.

http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/misc/SandysCars/

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike some nice photos. And cool seen a shot of Sandy.

Sandy you are looking good for all you have been but thru.
eric5oh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible pics. It is like opening a tomb!
Sandy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for saying that. I must say, that I look terrific. No facial lines, full head of dark brown hair, not overweight. For all i hace endured - few could ever guess what it has been like. I had to stop chemo infussions, for a month & a week, after Mike Negus came here to visit, as I fell, and fell hard, slamming my forehead onto concrete! I got a concusion to th back of my head. I then was mixed up and had a pressure point to the back of my head - and was dizzy. thak God it has gone away. It lasted 4 scary daze (spelt that way on purpose).
I am better, now & had my infusion yesterday, I will go back later today to be disconnected from my "at home" chemo infusion bottle. I hope that I am STILL 98.5% CLEAN, after missing 3 infusions. I want to have a Cat Scan ASAP. To see.

I wish Mike had gotten better shots of the Cadillac. Those pics do not due that car any justice. That car is a 1-off, interior done at the off site where Cadillac makes the Flower Cars, Hearses and custom orders, like 6 door sedans, limos, etc.
The interior is snow white, but the accents available were either medium blue or red. (Accents = Steering wheel & column, dash panel, carpeting on floor & lower door trim plate, and rear seat package shelf.)

Neither Medium Blue, nor Red would go with my exterior color choice, which is called "Dark Amethyst Plum Metallic" which is a dark dark purple. SOoo, I wanted the accents done in black, a neutral color.
So, she was sent to the off base of the customs, for completion of the interior.
The car is equipped with every single option that was offered on the Fleetwood Sixty Special for 1993. Her mileage is 10,007 in 17 years.
Her condition is "showroom" throughout. My driver seat is covered with a white terrycloth cover, the custom white carpet floor mats with their Cadillac style script in dark purple, are there, but my mat, driver side, is turned back-side up. Karen's side also.

I have too many cars, but I have been addicted to cars, almost since birth. My Mom once told me & it's written in my baby book, that my 1st spoken word was MaMa and ny 2nd word was DaDa and my 3rd word was "car" and my 4th word was "dogggy" and my first "sentence" was "My Car!"

After College (Temple University) I went selling Dodge. I stayed with Dodge for 20 outta 27 years of selling. the other 7 I was bouncing around with Lincoln-Mercurery-Ford, Pontiac, Oldsmobile and unemployment checks....
I hated selling, people buying cars oft time think that the best way to get a good deal is to abuse the salesmen. I threw out my share of these creeps. Dodge is good, as ya sell a lot of trucks to tradesmen and ya treat 'em right, and they appreciate it & a marriage of sorts is born.
They don't go crazy ofver color, options....they want a work truck and they needed it yesterday !!

Good Night and a gain, thanks Mike for the photos and your visit. I am enjoying an R/C Cola in the mug. I cannot sleep as the Chemo bottle hurts me 2-nite.
Sandy

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
Sandy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Sandy's wife's car Reply with quote

2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4X4 Wagon with all 23 options. 62,000 miles, we share it. Terrific car !!!! Can & does it all.
Dual power, reclining heated dual Power Leather Seats, CD & Cassette, & 20 other options. Dark Grey Leather Interior. Car is "as new", not a single door ding nor scratch. is as the day of delivery. She wore TWO window stickers, to list it all. Karen will never sell it. True Love. "Silverstone Metallic with Dark Grey Limited Leather Interior.

http://www.autogaleria.pl/tapety/img/jeep/jeep_cherokee_classic_2001_01_s.jpg

More on the Cadillac:- Pics

http://www.smatarese.com/forum/sandy/

negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came for the 86 Coupe but was blown away by the Caddy. Very Happy

That is one gorgeous car.

Sandy forgot the keys to the Caddy or I would have gotten some better shots!

Next year, maybe I can stop by a little earlier!

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
scoutdrivinrebel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Pics.

That poor coupe has never even felt skin of someone's hand on its steering wheel?
RareFox

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: The Cars! Reply with quote

Awesome! From one car nut to another... I'd like to thank both Sandy and Mike personally for providing the cars, those photos... and video to boot! Kinda reminds me of Geraldo Rivera opening Al Capone's vault on live national TV... except this time there was actually something inside! C'mon, fess up... who doesn't remember that massive publicity stunt he pulled back in the '80s... Rolling Eyes

Anyhow, finally I get to see an original ASC convertible top up close... in high-resolution. Can't find photos like that anywhere , even with the vastness of the internut.

Seems like virtually no one replaces the tops on these cars with the OEM (including my own car which was done before I bought it). Now I see the differences Sandy has frequently pointed out. One thing I never did hear about is the raised piping that seems to surround each plastic window. The aftermarket ones aren't like that. The window simply sits nearly flush with the fabric.

To my eye, the raised rib is a nice finishing touch and may also provide a small amount of protection for the fragile plastic windows while the top is lowered. Sure isn't much free space in that cavity when the whole mechanism, windows, and all that fabric is mashed in there and the tonneau closed. I actually cringe every time I put the top down... which has been a grand total of 4 times so far in almost 6 months. If I ever need a replacement top (praying I don't), I think I'd give 'ole Hank a call and see what he has. Hopefully I'll have enough left over for some Ramen noodles for dinner that night. Cool

Great to hear 'Azure-Blew' actually running. Nice burble to the exhaust note. Sure, I'd hoped for a driveway-long burnout... but I knew that wasn't happening. Laughing And 'clean' doesn't really sum up the condition of any of those cars... 'as-new' works better. Heck, some might even be superior to new since I've seen lots of cars coming right off the trailer from the manufacturer... filthy... with body damage, etc. Same thing with the coupe... amazing. A 24-year time warp! Loved every second of it.

I also couldn't help but notice the posters of the IROC-Z convertible and the C4 Corvette hanging on the wall. Seems once you have cars in your blood... no matter what it is... it's there for life! Great job guys, thanks for sharing.
No blood in these veins... thats Mobil-1~!!
Kentennis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some who cosider cars, 'transportation' to go from one point to another.

Then there are those of us that consider cars to be a work of art, to be appreciated and occasionaly driven!!

The Caddy's a beauty.

Would have kept our 77 Fleetwood 75 but it had been hit in the front, (Or hit something), and the paint was not the same as the original. Color matched, but with polaroids on, you could tell it was different type of paint. Someone I worked with offered me a tidy profit, after driving it for 2 years, and I sold it. But it WAS luxurious!!!
75coug

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff. Thanks, Mike.

I'll take the silver one.

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
86ASCCoupe20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Sandys car. Reply with quote

Hope your feeling better and have many years left. Those carsall look like they just came off the showroom floor and then detailed to the nines. Very nice collection to be proud of. Nice.
1986 ASC Mclaren coupe #20 of 114.
Black with gray interior and stripes.
65,227 miles. Pop up sunroof car.
302 5 speed.
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, everybody. Here in N.J. one simply cannot keep a daily driver at Show Quality. Too many people late for something, too many with 1 beer to many, to many on drugs. So many cars. 2 years old, all scratched and dented. Over populated, too many unemployed, or under payed, cauing massive frustration, and I don't give a____.

The first pic is that of my 2003 Town Car - Springtime "Feature" model, called THE LIMITED. It's my daily driver. It has 11,000 on it, in 7 years.
It's light silver-green metallic with light beige interior, and naturally every offered option + a couple more only shown in the T.C. accessory booklet.

scoutdrivinrebel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

75coug wrote:
Great stuff. Thanks, Mike.

I'll take the silver one.

I'm with ya Robert, Silver is the best wrapper.
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, because I am not as happy as I guess I should be, with
" Hi-Ho Scarlet " ( Her name ) Hi-Ho from Hi Ho Silver and Scarlet for the interior...

Reason being, thay she was to have the "Aresma Silver" smooth-cut cloth roof, as 1 of 12 Silver Anniversary Editions. As you know from reading this site, what took place. So, she has the black top. She did, get her front fender plaques (see pic) I know it isn't clear enough to read. This is what it says:

ANNIVERSARY tHE BACKGROUND IS GLOSS BLACK
THE LETTERS ARE RAISED & ARE CHROME

Last edited by Sandy on Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
tfs2121

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow sandy this is amazing your cars look amazing. just wow. i am speachless.

you look so good. i hope you stay in good health for a long long time and no more falling down. i sure hope one day i can go on sandys car museum tour.

more pics of the coupe please Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: