ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ebay 86 asc
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: ebay 86 asc Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6236&item=4539818765&rd=1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or does this seem like a car that was fairly trashed, that he attempted the make new again? New this & new that and replaced this and windshield & header, and top and belt mouldings, and repainted inside trunk lid, and new trunk carpet and new (wrong color) wood dash and new door panels and God knows what else.
What's that nice looking Capri under wraps in the garage ??

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's "RARE-ASC"...the guy who sold the blue Capri asc...and who posts on this site....the auction is in the same location....it the same style auction...and he says he now owns a GP4.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car under wraps looks good. Is it a GP4 ? It looks like maybe... I dunno, but I have paperwork from 1986 stating that the only cars with the "Sport Appearance Package" (Ground Effects, head & taillamp covers) were Platinum Silver, Paris Blue or Atlantic Blue.) However, it seems that I've seen other colors (Red & White) with the package on them. How bout you ?

negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm "guessing" that the ground effects were added and they were purchased reproductions from Hank. The rear ground effect....looks to have a bend in it.

I have not been keeping track of which cars have bounced by with or without ground effects but it seems that red cars had them but who knows how many were added after the fact.

I bet Rare-Asc will show up and tell us if its him or not eventually....

All in all I really like the car. It could use a bit of detailing in the cabin but its pretty and shiny.

-Mike
MercRS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not a Mustang,no respect it should be listed as a Capri. Mad
69 Mercury Marauder X-100
70 Mercury Cyclone GT
86 McLaren Euro Coupe
85 McLaren Capri Coupe
03 Mercury Marauder
70 Ford Fairlane 500 SCJ DragPac
70 Mercury Cougar
73 Montego GT
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know & I agree. Mike & I went around on that. He made some excellent points, but did not convince me.
We whine that nobody knows our Capris, and/or recalls them, and then owners are the very same people who go and advertise them as Mustangs!! I mean.... WTF ? Do Firebird owners advertise theirs as Camaros? NO Do Challanger owners advertise their as Barracudas? NO ... or how about Toronado & Riviera, or Cougar (80s) & T-Bird, or Grand Marquis & Crown Victoria ? No, nobody EXCEPT Capri owners calling them Mustangs. No other example can be found, not even Dodge Mirada & Chrysler Cordoba! Chopped Sirlion or Hamburger anyone ?? Twisted Evil

RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
Is it just me, or does this seem like a car that was fairly trashed, that he attempted the make new again? New this & new that and replaced this and windshield & header, and top and belt mouldings, and repainted inside trunk lid, and new trunk carpet and new (wrong color) wood dash and new door panels and God knows what else.
What's that nice looking Capri under wraps in the garage ??

You bet right Mike....Gee thanks Sandy Shocked hopefully prospective buyer will not get turned off by your assumptions if they happen over here i got one guy to join sight after he bought my other 86 12k vert would like the new owner of this ASC to join also. And you are usally right on with what you state but not sure where in the world you came up with this stuff Rolling Eyes ....LET ME QUOTE AD ad says new header seal not header and trunk carpet in excellent shape not replaced is black not correct i have had 4 86 verts and they were all had black trunk carpet? and said wood dash in shape never stated new wood and said door paniels in excellent shape i did not replace them? and door belt moldings? those things wear out heck i even replaced those on my 12k vert i sold and windshield was replaced due to body shop cracking it when they removed trim to paint the ASC! And was not going for a new 86 ASC just a nice 19 year old car as i am representing simple as that! Sandy i am not ticked off by your comments just not sure what ad you were looking at are you on dial up Laughing ? Folks i listed it under mustang to get some action on it i mean i listed it to sell not to show!
2013 FORD F150 RAPTOR "TERRAIN TAN" 4X4 CREW CAB & LIFT ON 37s.
2016 SHELBY MUSTANG GT-H HERTZ EDITION #82 OF 171.
1995 F-350 CREW CAB DUALLY POWERSTROKE FULL BANKS KIT!

Last edited by RARE-ASC on Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tom S.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In respect to listing the car as a Mustang I have a thought that also relates to another thread about buying my ASC.

I was at a FORD dealer looking at Mustangs, a Capri wasn't even in my head as an alternative even though I liked them, and lo and behold ran across my future ASCMcLaren Capri. It hadn't even occured to me to go to the Mercury dealer to look for Capri's since they weren't even making them anymore in 1989 and I wanted a Mustang. But, knowing a Capri is the same mechanically as a Mustang my interest was piqued.

This all relates to eBay, if you want to attract more buyers there's only one way to go, list it as a Mustang and get, what, about 1000 times more people looking, people that also know mechanically there is not much difference but they might be intrigued by the body styling.

As to the car in this post, it looks good.

'85 ASC Coupe #607910--sold and crushed RIP Crying or Very sad
'95 SVT Cobra--sold
'89 Oregon State Police SSP Mustang--sold
'86 LX 5.0 Coupe--sold
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So since Camaros outsold Firebirds by a margin of 3-to-1 by the same token anyone selling a Firebird would do better on e-bay to list it as a Camaro. I'm off to look under Camaros for sale, to count the # of F'Birds. I'll report back.

MercRS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stand these pinheads,on my 81 RS Capri, idiots tell me I should
put a Mustang nose on it.Why, thats stupid,I drive a 01 Mustang GT everyday,before that I ordered the 2001 Cougar S that was cancelled so they could make the SVT Focus,I bought a Cougar C2 nice car but on the
Cougar board every other moron would put Ford emblems in the place of
the Merc emblems,(They wanted a Euro flair)I suggested Merkur emblems
I was warned or I would get banned for arguing about it.I once saw a Mclaren Capri vert with a Mustang nose on it, back in 90 at a show,this
was the dumbest person I ever met.

If you want a Mustang Buy one.
If you want a Mercury buy one.
69 Mercury Marauder X-100
70 Mercury Cyclone GT
86 McLaren Euro Coupe
85 McLaren Capri Coupe
03 Mercury Marauder
70 Ford Fairlane 500 SCJ DragPac
70 Mercury Cougar
73 Montego GT
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could find no Firebird listed under Camaros 4-Sale.
I did find one Toronado under Rivieras 4-Sale.
No Challengers under Barracuda, either.
I did find an unusual "Chevrolet Capri" listed Rolling Eyes

mustang marty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people remember either the early Euro Capri's or the late Aussi verts, not the Foxes... When I go to the local parts houses for general maintainence parts, I always tell them 85 Mustang. If I say Capri, I am always asked if it has a 305 or 350 in it. Adding Mercury to Capri, I tend to get this 'WTF, are you on crack?' face from the guy behind the counter. Imagine what the guys with the Lincoln Capri's from the 50's get...LOL!

As for the red 86 in question, I wish mine was half as nice as it. It is a very nice looking car.
Tom S.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
I could find no Firebird listed under Camaros 4-Sale.
I did find one Toronado under Rivieras 4-Sale.
No Challengers under Barracuda, either.
I did find an unusual "Chevrolet Capri" listed Rolling Eyes

I've been to Pontiac only shows, Chevy only shows, Buick only shows and have even seen Oldsmobile only shows but I've never seen a Mercury only show. The local Mopar show even has seperate classes for Challengers and 'Cudas but the local Ford clubs don't even seperate the Capri's from Mustangs because, well, one car does not a show class make.

All those other marques listed have strong followings, Mercury and for sure Capri doesn't, and if you are trying to sell a car on eBay you go where the buyers are or you're wasting your money on listing fees which aren't cheap any more. Listing fees for my last Mustang ran to almost $150, those who relist a lot are just throwing money away to eBay. Evil or Very Mad

'85 ASC Coupe #607910--sold and crushed RIP Crying or Very sad
'95 SVT Cobra--sold
'89 Oregon State Police SSP Mustang--sold
'86 LX 5.0 Coupe--sold
rlyons13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

So, bottom line, this car seems legit, the owner one of us, and a decent car to consider, yes?

And Sandy, Uncle Henry is in COlumbus right now, but we are going to discuss Snowball when he comes back next week.

BTW, anyone like a low "2" 1968 GT Fastback in Gulfsteam Aqua with 2-tone deluxe aqua interior. I consulted with an MCA Gold Card judge who tells me current selling price for this car should be between $16K and $17K, so that's what I'm asking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: