ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1986 Mercury Capri with 2200 Miles back on Ebay
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
capri50asc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: 1986 Mercury Capri with 2200 Miles back on Ebay Reply with quote

Looks like that '86 Capri is back on Ebay. This is the one I looked at with the painted drivers door. I wonder why that was not detailed in the listing!

Chris

'86'vert #0082
'86 Capri RS 5.0L
'73 Cougar

Shocked Shocked Shocked
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too just heard about this Car back on the block. Maybe it will be coming back to Michigan Wink
2000mileRS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: re back on ebay Reply with quote

Its back on ebay so I can pay for a 2011 Boss 302. If you have the means feel free to bid. This car is in immaculate condtion and can say there in not a car in this condtion left in the counrty. In regards to the door, it was not painted as you say. What was on the door handle was fine residue compound spray from when the car was buffed. Actually the residue was all over the place. Compound with red every where. All of that stuff came off with some windex. If you wanted to buy the car originally you should have paid what the person was asking. Not go onto forums and state negative claims.
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a decent used car. It lacks A/C and PDL.
From reading the owner's description, it has several scratchs and a couple of "small dents" (I think he said on the roof. (Hail?)
The seller seems to be honest, to me. But, the car, while nice, is absolutely no match to mine, with 595 miles.

His power window switches/frames and door handles & frames are chrome. RS models called for flat black (as mine has) but I have found ALOT wearing GS specific chromed switches and frames.
According to the dealer's facts book, chrome is incorrect for a RS - but, so many have it, it would be hard to prove to an onlooker that it was "wrong".

BYW, my hood rubber "bumpers are also painted (Dark Grey) as is the car.
(So is every I have seen (EXCEPT on cars that were hit in the front, which are NOT painted.) Just the oppisite of the norm !!

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
His power window switches/frames and door handles & frames are chrome. RS models called for flat black (as mine has) but I have found ALOT wearing GS specific chromed switches and frames.
According to the dealer's facts book, chrome is incorrect for a RS - but, so many have it, it would be hard to prove to an onlooker that it was "wrong".

Sandy, this is untrue. For the interior, ALL RS cars recieved chrome accents/bezels.

ONLY the Mustang GT and ascMcLaren Coupes received the black accents in the interior.

The literature all says the Capri RS receives the "bright" interior bezels. All nearly original cars I have seen have had chrome bezels as well.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
capri50asc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: '86 Capri RS on Ebay Reply with quote

The Drivers door WAS PAINTED. Overspray was under the door handle on the drivers door but was not on the pass door. I looked at this car at the owners home in Canton Michigan. He had a pole barn and a BODY SHOP in the back yard. He also had a lift , hoists, engine blocks, transmissions, pistons cranks everywhere on the garage floor. My father owned a body shop for 30 years with a used car lot. I know when a car has been SPOT painted! My 86 Capri does not have red paint under the handles They are black. Look its a nice car! But it has had some work done on it. I worked at a Cadillac dealership back in 1986-87. One in five cars (new) needed some body work , touch up, etc before being sold as new. My '73 Cougar was purchased from a Mercury Dealership in April of 1973. The rear QT panel was repainted at the dealership before it was sold.

Chris

'86 Capri RS
'86 McLaren 'vert #0082
'73 Cougar : Very Happy
capri50asc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Black or Chrome Switch covers on 86 Capri Reply with quote

I have the 1986 product facts from Lincoln Mercury dealership. This is the book the sales personel used when selling the 86 product line:

Under 1986 Capri
Standard Interior features

Trim
Panel

Padded luxury door trim with bright molding and drivers side door map pockets

Bright door handles
Bright/black door handle bezel
Bright power window switches
Bright door lock buttons
Bright power window switches ( stated twice?)

This book from Ford was printed 9-1-1985 Also my Capri was built in late June 1986 and all covers are chrome.

Chris Confused
capriman86

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

negusm wrote:
Sandy wrote:

Sandy, this is untrue. For the interior, ALL RS cars recieved chrome accents/bezels.

ONLY the Mustang GT and ascMcLaren Coupes received the black accents in the interior.

The literature all says the Capri RS receives the "bright" interior bezels. All nearly original cars I have seen have had chrome bezels as well.

-Mike

LOL Mike give up...you/we/all have said this a million times now...Sandy just doesn't want to believe us LOL Laughing
capri50asc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: re back on ebay Reply with quote

2000mileRS wrote:
Its back on ebay so I can pay for a 2011 Boss 302. If you have the means feel free to bid. This car is in immaculate condtion and can say there in not a car in this condtion left in the counrty. In regards to the door, it was not painted as you say. What was on the door handle was fine residue compound spray from when the car was buffed. Actually the residue was all over the place. Compound with red every where. All of that stuff came off with some windex. If you wanted to buy the car originally you should have paid what the person was asking. Not go onto forums and state negative claims.

I wanted to buy the car, but it had to much body damage for 10,600 The seller stanfairlane also received negitive feedback from the buyer stating the door was damaged
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. it's not that I don't want to believe, it is that I have the same pages that you claim to have, and I think you are looking at the GS section, not the RS section. or you are looking at the 1985 dealer facts book. The one I have is the 1986. I do not own a 1985 edition, so I can't look in there.

If one of you wants to; e-mail me your address & I will postal mail to you that page.

I have a feeling that it was changed from 1985 to 1986.

Or shoot me a PM on here with address.
I am not lying, believe me, I am way too much pain, right now to fret over this. Let me send you this page from the '86 book.

PS: I am going to SLEEP, to escape the pain! So, don't think I am pissed and not replying!!! I am NOT pissed !! Not even a little tiny bit. Right now, I don't care if they are purple with green stripes. I wanna escape thru sleep. Bye.

capri50asc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Black or Chrome Switch covers on 86 Capri Reply with quote

Sandy

I have an '86 Capri RS 5.0 Liter all covers are chrome. I purchased this car from the orignal owner and I have the order book that has Bright on all the covers. My '86 'vert has black covers

?
Chris
capri50asc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy and mike, I pulled this out of my fact book.
http://www.ascmclaren.org/phpBB/album_pic.php?pic_id=2215
To the left it says GS (standard equipment) and stated to the right it says 5.0 L/RS. You will see there was no change in the GS to the RS version. Chrome switch covers.
Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am back. I neded a good Puke

I was able to see what you posted, but in enlarging it, it gog very fuzzy, but I was able to see, what youwanted me to see.
Look at the bottom of the paper. Do you see a capitol "R" OR
a print date. The R in a circle means revised.

A print date different than mine might show a change one way or the other.

Later tonight, I will go lOOOOking for mine. I think I know where it be.
Maybe it is the same as yours. I dunno. If i find it, i'll come back and let you know. I will look for a print date, too.

If i don't come back it's becasue i fell asleep
Maybe I am wrong. I do know for sure that my 1986 has all black
interior door handles, surround plastic molding, powere door locks frame and switch button, and door lock buttons are all black plastic.

capri50asc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: 86 Capri chrome covers Reply with quote

Hi Sandy

This book was printed in Sept 1985 which is printed on the front cover of the book. But everything in this product book matches my '86 Capri RS 5.0L
to the letter. Even the picture to right of the page shows the covers to be chrome in color.

Rest easy,we will figure this out!

Chris
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1985 Advanced Book:

No changes listed from the GS version:
http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/Literature/DealerOnly/ProductFactBooks/85_FleetProductFactBook%20007.jpg

1985 Fact Book:

No changes.
http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/Literature/DealerOnly/ProductFactBooks/85_Mercury_ProductFactsBook_05.jpg

1986 Advanced Fact Book:

http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/Literature/DealerOnly/ProductFactBooks/1986-MercuryAdvanceDataBook_07.jpg

Interior chrome bezels standard on all.

1986 Fact Book:

http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/Literature/DealerOnly/ProductFactBooks/86_Mercury_ProductFactsBook_09.jpg

This book was the later revised print. Revised prints usually have their changes in red markings.

Also note, that between the VERY first print (advanced edition) and the last revised edition, there were NO changes to this page.

Like I said, of all the low mileage Capris out there, I don't think I have seen a 5.0L car with black bezels.

Here is a very low mileage example:

http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/OtherCars/Capris/85CapriRS_1MEBP79M1FF614868/aa_3.jpg

More pics of that car can be seen here:
http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/OtherCars/Capris/index.htm

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: