ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Took SnowBall out for a ride

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mustang marty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Took SnowBall out for a ride Reply with quote

My son had helped me strip the interior over Chistmas break, so it was only fitting to have him help reinstall the interior during spring break. Bewteen the breaks, I had the floor pan fixed, the pinholes filled and purchased the required parts. The worst of it all was cutting into the near perfect door panels that I found on eBay. I also found a set of blue sport seats out of a Thunderbird TC for use until I can afford to have the recaros refit with new skins. We spent the better part of two days putting the car back together... new carpet, seats, trim panels, etc. While the seats are temporary, they look like they belong. Very Happy

So, in celebration, we pulled it out of the garage and went for a top down ride. It wasn't the nicest of days, but we managed to get a good ride in between downpours. This was the longest drive that I had taken her on, but I still kept it close to home. The car sat for 8 years, and I know the tires are that old and all the hoses are of a questionable age as well.

It made me feel good that my son wanted to help me work on this with me and he was even more happy that we got to go for a ride with the top down. Cool
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cars can serve as a great bonding medium. It must be great to share the mutual love of the car with one & other. My son cares about cars as much as you care about knitting sweaters Sad

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I am lucky...my dad and I had great fun with various car projects starting around 9th grade and through college.

We live far apart now but still get to talk about the projects. He's still tinkering with his old 65 Ranchero. I can't wait to see it get done.

Speaking of which, anybody have a yellow they like? The original color was an extremely pale yellow..."Phoenician Yellow". He wants to paint it some kind of canary yellow with orange wheels and Tweety Bird mud flaps (God bless him Very Happy ).

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
5LiterMustang

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

negusm wrote:
I know I am lucky...my dad and I had great fun with various car projects starting around 9th grade and through college.

We live far apart now but still get to talk about the projects. He's still tinkering with his old 65 Ranchero. I can't wait to see it get done.

Speaking of which, anybody have a yellow they like? The original color was an extremely pale yellow..."Phoenician Yellow". He wants to paint it some kind of canary yellow with orange wheels and Tweety Bird mud flaps (God bless him Very Happy ).

-Mike

"screaming yellow".. the color on the 03/04 Cobras Laughing

and yes, i think cars are probably THE best father-son bonding medium ever. My life revolves around working on cars with my dad...
1988 ASC/McLaren Mustang
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: