ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

newbie looking for info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guru-1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: newbie looking for info Reply with quote

Newbie to this site, but I like it already. Just purchased my first Mclaren, 85. Needs work...Anyone tell me where I can get either a new set of original Recaro seats( it has the blue leather with the speakers in the head rest) or anyone know who may be able to reupholster these, or am I aiming too high? Question 2 How do i go about getting the production number, I was told it is supposed to be on a placard on the iside of the passenger dooor, but no luck. Thanks
PS also need the lid that covers the top when down, the metal portion just in front of the trunk, mine has some rust, that I would rather not have to repair.
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELCOME! Pictures are great if you have them! Everyone gets a personal album on this site.

For alot of what you need...if nobody here can help you out, talk to Hank at www.ascmclaren.com....he will probably have EVERYTHING....for the right price Wink He is the only guy with parts for these cars.

Hank can supply you with upholstery or probably the whole seats but I think whole seats will be expensive. My dad and I have upholstered several sets of seats...it is not that hard to do.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
bryan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your purchase, Guru 1. I'd like to get myself a Capri, but I'm afraid my fiancee would leave me for sure.

Mike, I pointed my friend to your seat resto instructions. He was extremely pleased with the results. The amount of work paled in comparison to the cost of new material, and it looked pretty damn good.
'87 Guards Red ascMcLaren (#398)
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my instructions...

Do you mean these?
http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/yahooarchive/ascMcLarenGroupPost5243.htm

Sean Cassidy posted those a while back....the pictures were pretty sweet and worth the cost of new upholstery if you need to spend $$ on other things.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found that with some thought and work, you can make most everything look really nice again....without breaking the bank.

Certain parts cannot be resurrected so easily like a cracked dash pad, or cracked console cover, or cracked window bezels or dew wipes or wiring harness connectors, etc.

But thankfully most of the easily broken stuff is being reproduced.

The only piece no reproduced yet is the 79-82 Mustang underhood pad....which we need for our Capris.

-Mike
bryan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="negusm"]Not my instructions...

Do you mean these?
http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/yahooarchive/ascMcLarenGroupPost5243.htm

Yeah. Thought they were yours.

My buddy's seats were really rough, but without major tears. They turned out much better than I'd expected.

Anybody have seat covers that fit really well and aren't total crap? I've never had luck guessing on previous cars. My seats are in great condition, so I'd like to protect them. Every time I have the top down I can almost feel the sun baking them. Sad
'87 Guards Red ascMcLaren (#398)
85blackvert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been mostly lurking for the past few months. I just moved to a new house and work has been hectic...

Im glad to hear that my seat resto instructions were put to good use...If you need assistance w/ your seats I'll be glad to help any way I can. If the seats are not ripped, the leather dye will look very presentable.

Cass
'85 McLaren Convertible #58
'02 Dodge Ram 5.9L
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to buy a kit and fix up an asc leather wheel I have and use it for a driver.

Seems like you can't get more than $20 for them on ebay (plus the bidder never paid for it) so I will call that place and see if they have a kit that will work and not be too expensive.

-Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: