ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Collector cars of the future?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
capri50asc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Collector cars of the future? Reply with quote

Collector Cars of the future what will they be? Well did everybody know that NPD (National Parts Depot) will be releasing their new parts and accessories catalog this month on 1979-1993 Mustangs I live around the block from the Canton Michigan location. They have been keeping my '73 Cougar going for the past 15 years. as they do not care Cougar parts , but everything that makes it run, crosses over from the Ford Mustang. They also have 48-96 Ford Trucks, 55-57 T-birds, 64-72 GTO, Tempest, 67-81 Camaros, 67-81 Pontiac Firebirds, and 64-87 Chevelles All Collector cars!
The Fox bodies are next to be restored and enjoyed. Plus Mercury is going this month which I feel will make our cars future collectibles.

LIMITED PRODUCTION! and RARE!

Back in 1992 I lived in Redford Michigan with my Wife in our first home. Small 800 sq feet with a very large 3 car garage in the back that was fenced in. My wife's uncle calls me and asked if he could store his 1965 ford mustang 2+2 Fastback with a 289 4BB 4speed "K code" in my garage. I said "sure" no problem. It was orange with a black interior no Rust. The front fenders had been replaced and the whole car was painted.
It drove great and needed just little detailing and trim work. It was a sharp car. BUT! do the math......... That car was (at that time) just 27 years old! He asked me one day if I could sell it for him, because he needed the cash. After about a month in the summer of
1992 I sold that car for only............$3000............... that's what it was worth at that time, Well the ASC Mclarens are now in this same time as that 1965 Mustang was. So I feel our cars will take off in the next 5 years.

Enjoy the ride! Chris

1986 ASC McLaren vert #0082 18,000 miles
1986 Mercury Capri RS 5.0L 85,000 miles
1973 Mercury Cougar 351C 70,000 miles
2010 Ford Fusion SE
2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL
Very Happy
hanksgt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Collector cars of the future? Reply with quote

I'd like our cars to go up in value, but I love it just the same and plan on keeping it for a long time.

capri50asc wrote:

LIMITED PRODUCTION! and RARE!

'89 ASC #176
'87 ASC #134
'85 GT
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Collector cars of the future? Reply with quote

[quote="capri50asc"]Collector Cars of the future what will they be? Well did everybody know that NPD (National Parts Depot) will be releasing their new parts and accessories catalog this month on 1979-1993 Mustangs I live around the block from the Canton Michigan location.

That will likly cost me some money. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: