ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

REALLY GOOD NEWS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: REALLY GOOD NEWS Reply with quote

I had some tests, 2 weeks ago at the hospital. Actually many tests....
This past Monday, the 8th of June, my regular appointment, my Dr. had a little surprise for me. He said, "No 3-hour treatment, today. Go home and enjoy yourself. Your Cancer count has finally dropped a decent amount ! (I damn near fainted) He said that it is the first substantial decline in my cancer count, since I started this miserable life saving "treatment" of 2 times a month endurring poison infused into my body, via all veins. More important, it looks like "we" are making headway, now. The tide has turned, and "we" (Me, and my Doctors) are now winning.
350 hours, to date, of poisons going into me, in order to begin to win !
The tide, we believe has turned.
Perhaps after another 350 hours I will win. Bang Head
BUT:
I always had super thick hair and loads of it. Now, when the wind blows, all can see my total scalp. I am going bald. I do not look good, bald.
I am very conscience of that, and am getting shy. Ha, shy? Never before, but to have dark brown goobs of hair at 61 and be 65 on the way to being bald, at 64, is upsetting. Plus, I have ZERO facial lines (wrinkles). SOooo, I gotta grow some fuzz... something, anything...

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
lightning95sc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news indeed, Sandy. Prayers do work.

Don't worry about the hair......or lack thereof. Better bald than the alternative.

Chuck
86ASCCoupe20

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prayers can work for sure. It seems in this case it has. Great news sandy.
1986 ASC Mclaren coupe #20 of 114.
Black with gray interior and stripes.
65,227 miles. Pop up sunroof car.
302 5 speed.
n20capri

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great new Sandy! Keep it up!
86 AscMcLaren Capri Coupe - #026 | 11.4@118 | 290/322
86 9L SVO
www.mikemartinelli.com
www.baldguydesigns.net

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Album
hanksgt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Sandy!!

I started losing my hair at 25 (30 years ago). Who you are and life are more important than hair.
'89 ASC #176
'87 ASC #134
'85 GT
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy, the hair will come back. Wear your baldness as a badge of honor. You're gonna beat it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, friends ! Yes, I know the hair thing is small peanuts to the big picture - but before this big mess of cancer came to be, I was 59-60 and I looked 44 (or so many told me). Fast forward just 4 years... and I aged 15 to 20 years. But, better than being dead.

We are having a meeting (me & my Cancer Dr. and other Cancer Dr's.) on staff of hospital concerning MY cancer cells. I have 7 cancer cells within my liver. IF IF IF they can be somhow brought closer together, I can have liver surgery, & totally cut that area out ! You see, ther liver is the ONLY part of the body that can have part of itself removed - an that part will grow back healthy ! I will be having a "sit-down" with my cancer Dr. AND the Dr. that would do the operation.
Wheels turn very slowly at hospitals, especially in cancer centers, so this is a ways off. My Dr. gave me a welcome break to celebrate, and I had no infusion this past Monday - SOoooo - I am NOT ill /sick.
I will resume in 10 days on the 20th of July ! We have to get them smaller and hopefully closer together.
This is all very scary. I have allready had 8 surgeries. I don't like them NoNo You 40-ish aged guys, RUN, don't walk to a hospital and get a colonoscopy ASAP. The Desending Colon (better knowen as the "tulips-Chute") is the least "clean" in your body & the number one place cancer is bound to form. I was too chicken to do it, as I was a virgin to being "put-out" and having such a procedure, and I was scared. SOoo
you see what happened to me ? Stage 4 Cancer. There is NO Stage 5 !!
Stsge 5 is in the morgue. DO IT ! Do it IN a hospital, rather in a Dr.'s office. They will hit you high on the fee. KNOW THIS:
.... the fee can be lowered, similiar to buying a new car. AGAIN, THANKS for the kudus Smile

Kentennis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My doctor enjoys my prostate exam WAY more than I do!! Ditto for the colonoscopy!
capri50asc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: GREAT NEWS! Reply with quote

Sandy!

SUPER! Great News! My son and his classmates have had you on the pray list and God is taking care of you. Lets cure you 100% and get you in one of your McLarens, so you can feel the wind in your hair! As for everyone else!!!!
If you are over 45-50 " get checked" NOW! Its no big deal and its over in no time, My sons baseball coach had chest pains last Saturday and was taken to the Hospital. They took some blood to check the protein and found a blockage. But the blood also showed he had high liver functions,so more tests followed.............It was colon cancer that had spread to his liver.

Did I get your attention?

Chris
'86Mclaren #0082
'86 Capri 5.0L
'73 cougar
''10 Ford Fusion
'07 Honda Ridgeline Shocked
tfs2121

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celebrate

this is great news glad to hear sandy!

sounds like your in my boat now... i will be 25 in august and its getting VERY thin up top... i thought it would hold off till my 30's but at this rate i will be lucky to have any hair by 30.
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

capri50asc.................
That there is exactly what I got. When it goes to the liver, it is automaticly STAGE 4. He is in for a bumpy ride, for at least 4 years.
I hope he has insurance !! Mentally, he MUST NOT GIVE UP!!!

In the hospital I had a Priest AND my Rabbi.

I told this, here, before. In the very very brginning, in my FIRST ROOM. a Priest came in to say Hello to Mr. Davis. I told him the Mr. Davis was removed to another room, and began to leave & I called him back !
I asked him to say a prayer....for me. He asked if I was Catholic and I said no..... But I would like you to say a prayer, for me. He asked what I was. I told him that I was Jewish. He gave me a prayer. I asked him to visit me. In a day or so, MY Rabbi appeared. Again... A prayer, for me.
After a bit, (I can't recall) they bumped into one & other, in my room !!
I introduced them....and now, 4 years later, they remain good friends.
When I am in the hospital (I am an OUT patient) somtimes I see the 2 of them having a bite together, and I join them. It's really something, now that I am an out patient, to stumble upon them talking religion - and I brought them together ! Fast forward 4 years - they BOTH are still saying prayers for me. I am very proud that I brought 2 men of the cloth, from different backgrounds tgether in friendship. over my illness.

capri50asc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: The Power of Prayers Reply with quote

Sandy

We will keep up the Prayers for you and my sons baseball coach. What I do know he is a painter,four wonderful kids, one in college, two in High school; The two boys go to the academy with my son and the wife does not work. I hope they have insurance I pray they do.

" Never, Never Give up" Winston Churchill

Chris
85asc239

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news!!! That brings hope for people.

Jeremy
FoxChassis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great news, Sandy. Glad to hear it.
Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU. MINE HAS NOT SPREAD.
7 LEESONS IN MY LIVER. WE ARE GOING TO SEE IF THEY CAN GET THEM TO GET CLOSE TO EACH OTHER, THRU SOME MANLUPTION. IF SO, IT WILL BE SUGERY #9. THEY WILL CUT OUT THAT PORTION OF MY LIVER AND I WILL BE CANCER-FREE. THE LIVER THAT WOULD CUT OUT, WILL ABSOLUTLY GROW BACK. I SEEM TO RECALL ONE OF THE DR'S. SAYING THE LIVER IS THE ONLY ORGAN THAT WILL GROW AND RESUME ITS PRIOR SHAPE. YA, I AM SCARED, ALLREADY/ Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: