ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question on disconnected wires underneath dash.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mca1686

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject: Question on disconnected wires underneath dash. Reply with quote

When I changed my heater resistor I saw two random disconnected wires under my dash. Does anyone know what these are/do. Is anyone willing to pull their glove box down on 87-90 asc's to see if yours are also disconnected or if they should be connected to something. The first picture shows two pigtails, the one to the left is just hanging. The two bottom pictures show a loose pigtail just sitting to the left of the heater resistor ( It is ziptied to the dash, which im not sure if this is from the factory or previous owner)

Tx Trooperstang

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first picture Pigtail I believe is for the Dash Speaker.
The second is for a light bulb. This was only used in the Mustang convertibles. It was zip tied from the Factory and taken down for use when the cars that were destined to be convertibles from the factory were converted. You can see where to mount it below the glovebox. There is also a mount onthe Drivers side by the Plastic Kickpanel,you just need to locate the other pigtail just above it zip tied. I have bothof mine hooked up.

Tom
mca1686

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do see the brackets and I think I will hook them up. I will check tomorrow and see if I can find access the dash speaker. Gus.is for the help
mca1686

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't inspected the speaker wire yet, I was able to get the underdash lights working and they are awesome. My girlfriend has a 92 lx vert, strangely she has the brackets but no pig tails.
Tx Trooperstang

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they discontinued the Lights in 89 sometime . My 89 Special Service Car does not have them. I stripped them out of an 88 BoneYard Car. It is nice to have the Foot wells light up besides the Mirror Lamps when you open the door.

Tom
Samuelwilson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mca1686 wrote:
I do see the brackets and I think I will hook them up. I will check tomorrow and see if I can find access the dash cheap speakers. Gus.is for the help

Hello guys I am bit inexperienced in installing speakers so can you help me in placing dash speakers? Waiting for positive reply

Last edited by Samuelwilson on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
85asc239

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What year car?

On 79-86 you have to remove the dash pad. There are a few screws along the base of the windshield, and a few along the front - look for a small cutout above the glove box panel. You have to remove the bezel from around the gauges. A few screws are behind it

On 87-93 the speaker covers should just pull off.

Once pulled off there are 2 screws holding the speaker in. The is 2 wire plug on back of speaker. You can either cut the plug off or buy an adapter that plugs in. Connect 2 wires to new speakers and put car back together.

I have found that screw bit in a 1/4 socket or wrench works well to get screws out along base of windshield. Be careful not to drop bit in heat duct.

Any questions let me know.

Jeremy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: