ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The red 1986 Capri with 2000 mi on it the TRUTH about it!!!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFX DAVE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: The red 1986 Capri with 2000 mi on it the TRUTH about it!!!! Reply with quote

The first thing I did not have a computer at the time the car was being sold! It was NOT BEING SOLD ON THIS SITE! I am really SUPRISED that Sandy didn't put a stop to what was being said about the car of which none of you EXPERTS came buy to look at it. One guy did stop buy with his son and he didn't live far from me. I finely find he was a two faced person and posted wrong stuff about the Capri on this site. he tried to KILL the sale which I lost money because of him. He also told what was in my barn he even said I had a compleat body shop in the back room and a lot of other crap that got put out on this site. Then the others joined in on putting the car down. The part that SUPRISED me is that Sandy joined in and didn't do anything.

After the Capri had been delivered the new owner emailed my friend who listed it on eBay and called us a couple Mother F----r and scam guys. As I read on he says it's a 100 pt Car by some judge from the Mustang Club. Also you Sharp Capri Guys you have a lot to learn!!! Mileage less then 2000 that was it. Why didn't I drive it. I was working in Detroit that why. Cars that were made in the 1980s were not like they make today!! The Joker that said the Drivers Door was starched out is the same guy that took a bag of Rubber Bands back to Kmart 25 years after he bought them and wanted his Money back because they didn't stretch any more. Wake Up Joker!! I didn't have plates on the car sence 1986/7 Michigan doesn't have to have plates every year and they don't keep records after 10 years. I also checked with the Mercury Dealer, and was they destroyed the old records when they went to computers years ago. Who ever ended up with the Carpi just let me know if you want to know anything about it. Yours truly Dave
dahberg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of your first experience with this web site Dave! Seriously, there are some nice members here, but others will allow their tongues to cut deep like a knife with little regard for the car owner. Obviously the new owners have no concept of 25 year old vehicles and how normal weather conditions can destroy the best kept car. Too bad you were not able to find a buyer who appreciated the rareity of the car... Crying or Very sad
AFX DAVE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: 1986 Capri W/2000 miles on it Reply with quote

Thing happen on these sites! A different site had was talking Bad about the Capri the friend that i listed it with found it and they took it off.
I also had a Car that was up for auction at Mecum as a main atruction car this one guy said so much stuff about it and Ford Motor Co. I went to the glass house in Dearborn and talk to the Corp Layers of what I had. I don't know, but within two weeks the whole Site was Down! You can still get on it but you can't do any thing. Dave
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ascmclaren.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3426&highlight=1986+capri
http://www.ascmclaren.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3427&highlight=1986+capri
http://www.ascmclaren.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3593&highlight=1986+capri

For reference.

Did we ever get pics of the door crease? I thought the new owner said he pulled the door panel and saw it.

If there was no such thing then it seems odd.

-Mike

Last edited by negusm on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is sad about some of the things said. I went back and reread most of the post.
Sounded like the buyer was mad then felt better later on, damage already done.

I wish I could have seen the car before it left MI. Mostly just to see a CLEAN Capri. But didnt want to be another tire kicker.

It sounds like it was worth more and maybe you should have sat on it longer. But sometimes you just need to sell.
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1. There are like 2,000 ASC McLarens "out there". Do you, Dave, except tME to know the history of all of them? (Especially on a "Red Convertible" ??)

#2. My mind is not as sharp, nor quick due to A) I am now age 65 and B) I get Chemo every week, for my Cancer, that I have been fighting now, for 4 & 1/2 years !!!! Crying or Very sad If you, "Dave" got a 3 hour infusion of Chemo...I'd bet you could NO Teven tell me your Middle Name !!!!

#3. Ever HEAR of "Let the Buyer Beware?"?

#4. I am not the Guardian herein of people's purchase(s) nor of others cars 4-sale!

Got That ? !!!!

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy, this was a normal Capri. Not an ascMcLaren.

WHATEVER !!!!

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
ct_gsxr1000

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFX DAVE,
Lighten up, this is not that type of site and if you re-read what was said from the buyer of your car, you would see that no one here flamed you. In fact, your comment "you sharp Capri guys have a lot to learn" is a bit slappy on a website you don't have a real purpose being a part of!!
And don't make reference that Sandy should have removed the post about your car, it had a new owner who did not like certain things about it, and has since sold it.....THE END
svo413

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some one should lock this post. Any car will have some flaws or defects. Some don't show up for 10-20 years.
85 ASC Vert #612205
88 ASC Vert #542 20,550 miles
84 SVO 24,000 miles, 84 GT Turbo Vert.
03 Mach I, 89 LX Vert, 74 Mustang II
14 CA Special, 69 Mustang coupe, 07 GT500
67 T-bird, 15 F150 Tuscany, 16 F250
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't think anything positive will come from this.

Everyone has yelled about it enough I think.

-Mike
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please LOCK this topic

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: