ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1986 Capri info wanted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emsautollc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: 1986 Capri info wanted Reply with quote

Good morning - I am new here and I'm looking for some info on #86-0164. This car is in a private collection and has been out of public view for about 9 years. A few years ago, Sandy gave one of the ex-employees info on this car, that info went with the employee! Where do I go or who do I contact to find out the Capri's history? It's white with blue Recaros, blue top, roll bar, 5 liter Cobra with Powerdyne supercharger, double shot of nitrous, 5 speed etc. I'm wondering if these were factory options or...The Capri has 37,010 miles and looks like new! Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Gary.
svo413

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Info Reply with quote

It's unlikely it came with the supercharger. I would check the supercharger serial number to find out when it was made. Superchargers were pretty rare back then. For other info, you can check database on this site but check by vin since it's not listed by #164
85 ASC Vert #612205
88 ASC Vert #542 20,550 miles
84 SVO 24,000 miles, 84 GT Turbo Vert.
03 Mach I, 89 LX Vert, 74 Mustang II
14 CA Special, 69 Mustang coupe, 07 GT500
67 T-bird, 15 F150 Tuscany, 16 F250
lightning95sc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the McLaren cars came with a supercharger from the factory. It may have been a dealer add-on. More likely, a previous owner made the mods to the car.

Chuck
emsautollc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your viewing pleasure, I've added a few pictures of #164 in my album. Comments are always welcome! Gary.
Moto.Head

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: 1986 Capri info wanted Reply with quote

If you have not already done so, see if there is information on your vehicle in the database pages. The link is towards the bottom of the forum index page http://www.ascmclaren.org/phpBB/index.php.

If it's not listed, read the Database Guidelines at the top of the database page, and consider adding your vehicle to the listing.

Good-luck
Chris
emsautollc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've added a few more photos in my album because I know you all love all mustangs and pictures of them! There's even one of another asc family member. Don't miss it, there are 2 pages now. Gary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: