ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Red 85/86 asc vert in Charlotte Uptown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Red 85/86 asc vert in Charlotte Uptown Reply with quote

Anyone on here?

Was driving past the Time Warner Arena at about lunch time. Friday. Top down.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
birdiestobehad

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was most likely me!

1986 convertible I bought from my father last year, which he bought new in 1986 in Michigan.

Unless it's raining, horrid heat or cold or the missus can't muss her hair, the top is almost always down. Why else have a convertible?
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked very good!

First one I've seen in the wild besides mine!

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
birdiestobehad

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to see a red convertible (84-86) without the ground effects or lens covers at an apartment complex off 51 and Park Rd around 1990. I only knew what it was because of my dads car. That's the only one I've seen in Charlotte.

Mine's near original. My dad only replaced the tires once, about 5 years ago because of dry rot and the front air dam was long ago "lost" because of curbs. Only had 29,300 miles when I bought it and had been sitting for over three years. I shipped it down from Pennsylvania last July, did a major tune up, replaced the radiator and head gaskets and had the TPS replaced recently and it runs great. I believe cars are meant to be drive (and be well maintained), so it's my everyday driver. Took it to the mountains this weekend and had at least a dozen comments and conversations about it.

My brother has an 86 vert in blue that he bought new in 1987 in Michigan also. Liked my dads so much he flew up from Texas to get it. It was his everyday driver for a few years when new, but only takes it out occasionaly now and has about 65,000 miles. I tried to get him to join this site, but he hasn't yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: