ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fit and finish of Hank's windshield trim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asc709

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Fit and finish of Hank's windshield trim Reply with quote

I've read a bad review of Hank's windshield trim and was wondering if anyone else had done this replacement. My car came out of storage with the trim at the top bulging and with hairline cracks all around. I've had it off the car for repairs before. My ghetto repairs worked well, the damage is in new spots.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm pretty experienced around these cars but this ASC scares me as even the simplest of jobs has always turned into a major ordeal.
1988 ASC McLaren #709
Mustang Matt

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed one on my Moms McLaren. It fit well, finish was good and like anything it needed a little bodywork and sanding to prep but very happy with it. I did not realize it was a reproduction, assumed it was a NOS part.
mandra

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this review I have had my stock version fixed in the upper corners 2X but they keep cracking I am going to try the repro next time.
foraye

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replaced one a few years back when I went to paint...It fits OK...

its not OEM fit and finish by a long shot. The associated moldings also does not line up well either (garnish moldings).

If I remember correctly none of the pre-drilled holes line up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: