ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Selling Rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Selling Rules Reply with quote

1. The only rule regarding ascMcLaren parts I will make is that there is to be no parting of ascMcLaren cars on this site.

The RARE exception to this is for cars that have proven CATASTROPHIC damage. (pictures are required)

ascMcLaren cars DO NOT HAVE SCADS of asc specific parts on them. 99% of the parts on these cars are plain Jane FORD parts. The asc specific parts that ARE on the cars are often worn/broken and in need of restoration. They are also easily obtainable with a call to Henry Huisman in Florida (www.ascmclaren.com).

There are not THOUSANDS of people here clamoring for asc parts. This is another reason why parting an asc car is so hard. Our group is small. There have been a few parted cars go through eBay and the parts have been listed for MONTHS with no bids.

I will not chase you around the internet if you decide to part your car. Just do not do it here. We love these cars.

2. Consider cross posting cars for sale to other sites. We get very little traffic. These cars are rare and a bit unknown. So yes, we have a small number of active users here. Also, nearly everyone here already has an ascMcLaren, so it can be a tough sell here.

3. Beyond SPAM, anything else goes. Seriously. I don't mind if you want to sell the tattered rocking chair your grandmother farted in (may she rest in peace).

-Mike

Last edited by negusm on Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
mca1686

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypothetically lets say I pull my original wheels off that still have really old and rotted gaterbacks on them and decide to put some bling bling 22''s all around. WIll I be allowed to sell the old ones on the forum?

-------Kidding, but I did see a 5.0 convertible in the junkyard today that had some hokey spring compressor things to lower the car, the inside had been roller/brush painted yellow and red all over, I mean the seats, door panels, window switches. And if your asking, I do have pictures.

But man, If I eve want a white tonneau cover or overpriced "mclaren only" driver door I do know where to get one.
Kentennis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple years ago I saw a set of our wheels and tires for sale on Craig's List. Same gold color as mine. They were not too badly priced so I called the guy and bought them, in case I ever bend or otherwise damage one. The price was worth it to have them on hand. The tires are no good but the rims are sweet!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: