ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hella lights for 86 convertible

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikkimclaren

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Hella lights for 86 convertible Reply with quote

I have read some different posts about which cars you can get these off of that would be the same, but some seem to be conflicting. Can anyone provide me with the actual measurements, model number of the original, and other model numbers that would work? I'm out of work, so I can't afford the high costs on some of these parts like lights and air horns, but I have time to search junk yards! Your help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for measurements you can measure the hole openings in your air dam.

These lights were used only on BMWs from what I have seen. That's really the only source I know. Not sure if you'll see many in the junk yards.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
tfs2121

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do a quick search on the board for "hella" you will find a bunch of good info.

I remember something about them coming from Saab and BMW.

Some info here
http://www.ascmclaren.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3343&highlight=hella

Do the search too lots of good info on this board.
mikkimclaren

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Hella lights for 86 convertible Reply with quote

Thanks for replying! I would measure the front open areas on my spoiler,if I had one! When I got my car the previous owner had hit a fence with the front end which wiped out the spoiler. He had thrown the remains away before I got the car. I am unemployed right now so I can't afford Hanks prices for the spoiler right now, but have some time to scour junkyards, oops! salvage yards, for the lights just in case I could get lucky with those! I have looked through the posts here, but there is a lot of information that contradicts each other, hence looking for clarification on the actual size and numbers of old and new units that will work! (Yes Bmw, no not Bmw...Saab, no not Saab, Bmw only certain ones, etc...) I really appreciate your help!
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they were used on SAAB and BMW. I forgot that.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: