ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the future of this forum
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
75coug

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: the future of this forum Reply with quote

It would appear that with the passing of Sandy, interest in this forum is on the wane. I would hate to see it go.

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forum will never go away.....

But yes, Sandy would always post a few tidbits here and there to pick things up.

I just don't have the time I used to have either to dig into things.

I think the larger issue is that there aren't newer members. We usually have a few people show up now and again that are new owners.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
75coug

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

negusm wrote:
The forum will never go away.....

Thumbs up to that.

lightning95sc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking the same thing. Really miss Sandy.

Chuck
hanksgt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's up to us to keep it going. We must be doing something with our cars. I have the benefit of being in sunny Phoenix, so my car is used at least every Saturday to go to a car show or the weekly Pavilions display in Scottsdale. And that's year round, even when it's 109 degrees at 9pm in August.

Last summer I met a lady at the Pavilions that had an '88 since new. The spouse was gone but the McLaren stayed. I feel bad I didn't have the time to walk over and see her McLaren. She was interested in our Mustang Club and I gave her the info but never ran into her again.

I have the door hinge repair kit for my '89 and will be putting that in very soon.

The back plastic window in mine split down the middle. My son has a friend that can replace the window with the top in the car. Just trying to connect with his friend has been a challenge.

So tell the rest of us what your doing on the car or where you've taken you're McLaren.
'89 ASC #176
'87 ASC #134
'85 GT
CocoLoco

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All - been a while since I posted up here. Business is really good right now and have been very busy. Not spending any time on my cars.

I certainly hope the site doesn't go away. I also belong to some other car sites and the same thing is going on. I have a couple of ideas why. first - the uncertain economy. It effects the way people spend, save, etc. We are less likely to spend money on hobbies when things are tight. Less spending, less activity, less questions. A bit of a snowball.

And speaking of snowballs - the second reason - WINTER !!!!! Us unlucky sods up here in the great white north don't do much with our cars when it's cold. In fact, all three of my show cars are in storage at other locations until spring. So again, I'm not doing much so not as much to talk about.

I think the winter slow down on car sights is pretty common. I do hope it will pick up again in the spring. But that said, I will try to get on here more and keep things moving along. This site is a MUST HAVE for us owners and restorers. I appreciate all the help I have recieved so far and also miss Sandy. So I wil ltry to do my part!!!

OK. time to get down off my soapbox. Dwight
1985 Red ascMcLaren Convertible #218
1990 Seafoam Auqa ascMcLaren Convertible #263
2001 Yellow Mustang Convertible
1977 Red Bonneville Coupe
Tom S.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it survives as well. Unfortunately the McLarens are a niche, one that seems to be getting smaller each year.

'85 ASC Coupe #607910--sold and crushed RIP Crying or Very sad
'95 SVT Cobra--sold
'89 Oregon State Police SSP Mustang--sold
'86 LX 5.0 Coupe--sold
scoutdrivinrebel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still check in almost daily for new posts. Still love these cars.
Kentennis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday the wife and I went to a restaurant that has great wings, and on Thursday they're .39 each, and while we were eating an elderly man walked out with an asc emblem on his shirt. Not ascMcLaren, just asc. I didn't get a chance to talk to him but I sure hope I see him again. maybe he worked at asc and can answer a few questions, might have some info. I know, years ago, a man walked up to me at a car show and told me he had worked on my car! I had just gotten it and wasn't smart enough to get his name and address.
hanksgt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep on the lookout for him again. Good info and people that worked at ASC are getting more difficult to find.

I used Vistaprint.com to make photo business cards of my car with my phone and email address on them. On the back is our local Mustang club web address. Very handy to make introductions.

Kentennis wrote:
Yesterday the wife and I went to a restaurant that has great wings, and on Thursday they're .39 each, and while we were eating an elderly man walked out with an asc emblem on his shirt. Not ascMcLaren, just asc. I didn't get a chance to talk to him but I sure hope I see him again. maybe he worked at asc and can answer a few questions, might have some info. I know, years ago, a man walked up to me at a car show and told me he had worked on my car! I had just gotten it and wasn't smart enough to get his name and address.

'89 ASC #176
'87 ASC #134
'85 GT
U-MAN

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Yes, it's been awhile for me also.We must keep this site alive.The things that I have learned here are priceless.There are so many folks out there that have no idea of our cars ,or how they came to be.In my case. I sold a '83 Crim. Cat. to buy my '86 vert. Now the guy that I sold it to, calls me, and asks all about our cars. Then shortly after that, buys his wife an '88 McLaren.And then there is also a fellow car club member.He also calls, with his "20 questions ", on our cars.He goes to an estate sale, and comes home with an '85 vert. Now what are the chances of having TWO McLarens in the same car club! I've passed on our site to the both of them.Just for the info factor alone. Yes, we must keep it going! For each other, and for others out there. Now that is my two cents.
RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy would want it going strong! We just need to keep it going and be as helpful and resourceful as possible if we want to keep this a fun place to browse and exchange info! It's really up to us guys!
2013 FORD F150 RAPTOR "TERRAIN TAN" 4X4 CREW CAB & LIFT ON 37s.
2016 SHELBY MUSTANG GT-H HERTZ EDITION #82 OF 171.
1995 F-350 CREW CAB DUALLY POWERSTROKE FULL BANKS KIT!
Tx Trooperstang

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Forum but wish more was going on. Does anybody know if any of the information that Sandy had will ever be available to someone to carry on the Legacy. I also get a little scared about part availability with Henry putting items on Ebay. I know he is trying to make a living too, but I can't afford to purchase everything I need at one time. He went out on a limb to get me the Taillight covers for my 88.

I also hope that if anyone comes across pictures that can be shared that they would . There is a member here who has shared some with me. It makes for great documentation.

Tom
75coug

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Henry's ebay name?

Tx Trooperstang

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry's is 50s

TOM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: