ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1990 for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
texasgator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: 1990 for sale Reply with quote

I ran across this one today. Beautiful car and optimistic asking price.

1990 Triple black
7,500 miles
$26.5

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/ford/mclaren/1584981.html
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very Nice. Hard to believe with the supercharger that is all the miles but if true I would say the price is close
tfs2121

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Dave's (daveanddiedre) car. I have seen it in person it's clean.
tfs2121

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I remember it being like 1 of 1 in trip black
texasgator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This made me curious as to what is the highest sales prices you have heard of for an ASC McLaren Mustang? I know when Sandy bought the silver 1990 it was one of the best out there. Looking briefly at auction results online, I can't seem to find one that has sold for over $15,000.
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing has reached $20k as far as I know.

Some really nice ones well over $10k and maybe that one for $15k is probably about the highest I have heard.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
svo413

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Price Reply with quote

Once you get over $7500, there is pretty much no price basis. It comes down to what the collector is willing to spend.

Low miles $$
Low production year $
Condition $$
Relative Fox body sales ?

Just my opinion. With that said, I paid $12K for my 88. I have trouble seeing much over $15K for any Fox Body unless it has less than 100 miles on it. But, if you don't try for, you will never get it.
85 ASC Vert #612205
88 ASC Vert #542 20,550 miles
84 SVO 24,000 miles, 84 GT Turbo Vert.
03 Mach I, 89 LX Vert, 74 Mustang II
14 CA Special, 69 Mustang coupe, 07 GT500
67 T-bird, 15 F150 Tuscany, 16 F250
Kentennis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is, even though it's a special vehicle, people, in general, don't know anything about our cars. Therefore they look at any 1987-1990 as a 'Mustang' and 84-86 as a 'Capri' and base their offering price accordingly.

It would take a very special buyer to pony up anywhere close to the asking price. Might be one out there, might not be.
Kentennis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the auction prices are a shocker, when you can find one. Same or less than the Mustang GT's.
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kentennis wrote:
And the auction prices are a shocker, when you can find one. Same or less than the Mustang GT's.

Yeah, that has me scratching my head. How the heck can a Mustang GT pull in more than an asc? It happens all the time though.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Kentennis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike: I think maybe it's because the young kids see 1,000 GT's before they ever see an ASCMcLaren. The GT becomes their 'Dream Car.' Look at the prices the old Mopars bring from the elderly that couldn't afford their 'Dream Car' when they were young and now can. My McLaren never was my 'Dream Car.' In fact I didn't even know about them till I saw mine advertised on an auction website. I said, "Wow, that's a gorgeous automobile," and bought it. Didn't buy it thru the auction site but did match the high bid on a private transaction after the high bidder couldn't come up with the cash. It's a pleasure to drive but I don't use it much. Hoping for a price increase (which doesn't seem to be happening) before I'd sell it. Bought an extra set of wheels for it just in case.

I'm getting a little old to be keeping all our cars but I hate to part with my 3 favorites. 86 McLaren Convertible with all options. '80 Corvette L82 in Arctic White in great condition. '65 Thunderbird Special Landau (10 year Anniversary Model. Limited edition). But I really should start thinking about selling. We only put around 1,000 miles a year on each one. The McLaren has 23K, Corvette 73K, T-Bird 122K. Restored and bought from a museum after restoration.

"Dream Car?" Whatchoo talking about Willis?
daveanddiedre

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: 1990 ASC for sale Reply with quote

Peter - You are right, this is my 1990 that was for sale. Yes to all those questioning, the mileage is correct. It is a 1 of 1 car being the only triple black with auto trans, silver wheels and both radar and keyless entry. I have every piece of information on the car all the way down to the original bill of sale. The previous and original owner is a friend of the family. I have hand written notes that he and Sandy mailed (yes before we all had computers). This car was even used by Chrysler engineers to develop the folding top for the Plymouth Prowler. Now there's a piece of trivia not many know about. I did have the car on Hemmings for a month to test the waters. I have a very respectable offer but have since decided to keep it as it's to nice to let go. I have a few pictures posted here in the 1990 album. If anyone wants to see it in person, I will be in Mustang Alley this Saturday during the Woodward cruise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: