ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mods to my 86 ASC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASC007

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: mods to my 86 ASC Reply with quote

Been looking over my 1986 ASC convert.
The motor has a GT40 intake on it, I know it has a cam
in it, not exactly sure, possibly a B303.
Not sure about the heads, could be GT40, not sure.
What else I find interesting, is the cars been converted to MAF
and done well too. After some time cleaning it up its coming along
Wondering if the previous owner did a gear swap in it too.
May try to figure that out too this week, but for an auto car, it
runs better then I expected.
Still has the 140 speedo too, and the previous owner at one time
had about a $2500 stereo in it too.
The biggest cost next will be redoing the Recaros and installing a new ragtop. But once thats done, the rest is little stuff (other then paint)
This is still one of my favorite yr Mustang/Capri cars ever built.
I was thinking about just cleaning it up and flipping it, but
if I can, Im going to try to hang on to it for a while and enjoy
for a while. Only problem is I have a 3 yr old daughter and its not
super kid friendly being just a 2 seater.. grrr.

HELMUT RONER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is further away from original than yours modwise.
MAF converted using the discontinued conversion harness.
TFS heads, Stage 1 cam (so I'm told), and I think my intake is the Street Heat version. Not sure as I'm not a big TFS fan.
C&L MAF calibrated to 24lb. injectors.
BBK equal length headers (I hate these damn things) feeding through a Prochambered H-pipe and Flowmasters.
A craptastic Mishimoto radiator that has no drain plug with a Taurus (I think) fan. Working on this car has been a major ass pain with the strut tower brace that doesn't belong in it.

The front suspension I was told are the Mach 1 struts with 94/95 spindles and I discovered recently the calipers are PBR. The steering is all buggered up. Needs an alignment badly. The tie rods are adjusted all wrong and the steering wheel isn't centered when the car is rolling straight. It's my understanding mine has an SN95 Cobra rack, but I really wish to go manual steering so I can run skinnies on it. It has knock off 99 Cobras on it now along with an SN95 disc brake rearend. Car has a mean stance to it, but I hate hate HATE Cobra wheels on non-Cobras. Mine were on the car when I bought it.

[img]https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/380600_10150667649828178_1108041897_n.jpg[/img]

[img]https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/534457_10150860839748178_1412082358_n.jpg[/img]
ASC007

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im look at these cars as being worth more down the road as close to original as possible, wishing mine mas a little closer to stock enginewise as possible.
Their hp stock back in the day is still respectable by todays standards and for every day driving. I wont be doing anymore mods to mine and only changes in the future will be restoring it closer back to original as possible in the next 5 yrs. But everyone has their own taste etc too. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: