ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sandy's Car
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJSALEEN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Sandy's Car Reply with quote

Guy told me he has no idea what it is worth but needs $25K.
rlyons13

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy's car was on Henry's site. It's still there if you scroll down a few cars. The asking price then was $18,000. When Sandy was alive, I met up with him and got to crawl all over the car. The engine compartment was a tad dusty, but otherwise it was stunning at the time. Sandy e-mailed me a few days later and said he had given the engine a white glove treatment. For some reason, I remember the car having less than 700 miles on it at the time.

If I didn't have my quota of fun cars, I would have gladly paid the $18K to Sandy's family.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
rlyons13

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy's car was on Henry's site. It's still there if you scroll down a few cars. The asking price then was $18,000. When Sandy was alive, I met up with him and got to crawl all over the car. The engine compartment was a tad dusty, but otherwise it was stunning at the time. Sandy e-mailed me a few days later and said he had given the engine a white glove treatment. For some reason, I remember the car having less than 700 miles on it at the time.

If I didn't have my quota of fun cars, I would have gladly paid the $18K to Sandy's family.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
lightning95sc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with David. I think we all thought that it would have been in poor taste to inquire about Sandy's cars. The irony, though, is we are probably the very people who should've. I wonder if Sandy's wife and son sold them "outside" BECAUSE non of us expressed interest....wouldn't that be a kick in the nads?

I also agree with Robert. I'd almost kill to be the next caretaker of Sandy's coupe, as I'm sure most of us would.

Chuck
tfs2121

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ascmclaren.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4495

This car was posted to hanks website back in September. It was for sale by Sandys son Matt.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that was disappointed that Karen and/ or Matt did not come here before selling his cars to just anyone. Sandy would have wanted his cars to go to someone that would care for them.
tfs2121

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plumkrazy wrote:
Its running again

how many miles did it have under Sandy's care?

Now 2150 miles

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-GT-Convertible-2-Door-Mustang-asc-McLaren-Convertible-Survivor-Showroom-new-with-only-/321303964602?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4acf356bba&item=321303964602&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Posted by Sandy on 9/30/11

Sandy wrote:
I have the last car. It's Azura Blue (the sole Azura Blue 1990) ~
It has the Light & Dark Crystal Blue Interior, with the dark blue cloth roof.
It's an automatic tranny with the remote lock / unlock key fob, the illuminated entry, the Whistler radar as installed by asc/McLaren and the 360-degree bumper-body-bumper tape stripe (silver metallic) inset into the recess of the front & rear bumper fascia. It's mileage is 2,332 miles.
I bought new and it was shipped to my local Lincoln-Mercury dealer, that is about 9 miles from my house, where it was serviced, and went through the "proper" channels of a new car delivery service.

plumkrazy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now it has 2150 miles but Sandy had posted 2332 miles ??????????? Confused
texasgator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Silver car Reply with quote

I emailed the seller of the blue car and he verified that he does have Sandy's 1990 silver car as well. He stated that he would be offering it up for sale later this year. I had emailed Matt about the silver car after I saw the blue one listed on Hank's site. This guy swept in and bought them both before I could get anything worked out. Would have loved to have one.
daveanddiedre

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Sandy's car Reply with quote

Guy emailed me back and said his reserve is $25k. I hope he gets it, will make my 1990 more valuable (as well as the rest of the communities cars).
capri50asc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Sandys Car Reply with quote

Looks like it closed at $18,100 If he paid Matt Block $18,000 plus shipping and other fees............... This could be what its worth.

Crying or Very sad Chris
Kentennis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are only worth what someone will pay, at the moment you decide to sell. Mine probably isn't worth what I would take for it but then again, I don't have to sell.
Agent-J

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Difficult Times Reply with quote

I have been on the emotional roller coaster too what to do with a loved ones prized possessions when they pass away. Nothing will bring Sandy back I hope as I am sure anyone who spoke to or knew Sandy would just thankful that his family is doing the best that they can with a very difficult situation.

I will never forget and continue to miss him.....
dahberg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Difficult Times Reply with quote

Agent-J wrote:
I have been on the emotional roller coaster too what to do with a loved ones prized possessions when they pass away. Nothing will bring Sandy back I hope as I am sure anyone who spoke to or knew Sandy would just thankful that his family is doing the best that they can with a very difficult situation.

I will never forget and continue to miss him.....

Well said and I agree...
capri50asc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Sandy Reply with quote

I miss Sandy a lot. I remember calling him at home and told him I was looking at buying my 1986 ASC. He said" I want you to hang now and go buy the car" I did that!

Thanks Sandy You are now in the hands of God

Chris

86 ASC Vert
86 Capri RS 5.0L
73 Cougar
14 Honda Ridgeline RTL
12 Ford Fusion
07 Honda CRV Sad
rlyons13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you interested, Sandy's car, the last ASC/McLaren made, is back up on eBay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: