ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reproduction marchal 750 fog Light covers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mca1686

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reproduction marchal 750 fog Light covers Reply with quote

Have you guys seen the prices of nos pieces, both the white 79-83 and 84-86 grey? Holy crap. I'm putting this out for mainly you guys with the euro coupes and asc verts. I bought a nos set of each and have worked 2 weeks straight to make very nice fiberglass repops. I have the housing made with a little better style clip. Last step is I am sending one of each of the nos units to a buddy that has a decal company so he can make decals of each style. The originals have the designs molded into the plastic and painted, but these will be extremely high quality decals that won't peel. The housing do have either a white or black gel coat depending on the year. I will have the first few sets for sale within a few weeks. If you are interested please pm me for price, which will be much lower than any used junk set or nos set.
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they've been a big problem for a long time.

FoxMustangResto had been trying to get exact repros made but I think Sylvania owns the Marchal name and they flat out REFUSE to allow any kind of licensing.

I told Matt at FMR to try and do what you are doing. (we had the discussion YEARS ago).

I told him to make generic repops. Then have a friend who needs a few bucks sell stickers/decals on ebay. Sylvania wouldn't chase a really small time guy selling stickers on ebay.

I don't think he was interested because he's somewhat of a perfectionist and would want the name molded into the finished product like the original.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
mca1686

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand if you have a concours car, but 80% of people don't care, they just want the look and want to protect their expensive lights. I was even able to get the glass just the right thickness that they have the same flex as the original plastic ones. I will post some pictures of some of the prototypes tomorrow.
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like something people need and will buy.

Thanks for the hard work
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: