ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1989 white red wine # 114
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> WELCOME!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zanrock

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: 1989 white red wine # 114 Reply with quote

Hi all. My name is Richard and about 4 months ago acquired this 89 that was left to die. The car luckally is all original, except now for the convert top that I just finished replacing. It runs well now, all electrical works now( things were messed with but not hacked up) a couple of small dings, needed a sever cleaning and the paint polished/compounded, overall a great car. I have had a few mustangs and some 80s (also fixed my friends pony's too) so working on this is routine for me. The funny thing is this car found me and the person who last had it ( owner #2 ) really could not work on it, did not store it right ( bad mold, mildew, green tulips ) and messed up the roof so he let it sit to die for 2 1\2 years before deciding to try to sell it and no one wanted it. His ad found me and the rest is history. I will try to include pics later of the car. So thanks for reading
tazslh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.Hope to see those pics soon.
zanrock

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: picture problem Reply with quote

Was going to post pictures of the car but the site says that the pictures cannot be done unless we removed some bytes of the pictures, so until we figure it out I'm sorry I can't show off the car
Kentennis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a way. I had to do it, but I don't remember how any longer. I just kept experimenting till it happened. Didn't write it down.
hanksgt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Zoner photo studio to reduce the pixel count. Free program. Waiting to see photos of the car. Let me know if I can assist with the photos.
'89 ASC #176
'87 ASC #134
'85 GT
zanrock

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I will tell my son (he's better at this stuff) and hopefully I'll have them on
zanrock

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: pics in personal album Reply with quote

We got 12 pics on my personal album and one in the 89 part of the car pictures. The 12 are mostly before repairs/restore except the roof test of the roof I finished just about 2 weeks ago. Will work on getting the pics of the redone roof, repaired door cards and the car cleaned up. Replies would be great and thanks for looking. Rich
hanksgt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: pics in personal album Reply with quote

Happy to hear you're "bringing it back to life". I had my seats redone locally, body was in good shape but after 15 years of ownership ours needs a new roof. I have a dent in my hood in the same spot as yours. A rock from driving 100 miles to work every day for 4 years. I looks the same as when I brought my '87 home from Vegas to Phoenix on a Uhaul trailer. Good luck.

zanrock wrote:
We got 12 pics on my personal album and one in the 89 part of the car pictures. The 12 are mostly before repairs/restore except the roof test of the roof I finished just about 2 weeks ago. Will work on getting the pics of the redone roof, repaired door cards and the car cleaned up. Replies would be great and thanks for looking. Rich

'89 ASC #176
'87 ASC #134
'85 GT
MRBRUSER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful car, great color combo
1988 asc coyote swapped
1993 coupe 347 stroker
2016 Shelby GT350
zanrock

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: 7 pages on photo album Reply with quote

Finished posting pictures, their on my photo album (7 pages) some from the beginning, a lot showing the new roof progress,and of course dirty and cleaned up. I hope that some of the fox body owners can use some of these pictures to help them with their cars
the jacK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: 1989 white red wine # 114 Reply with quote

zanrock wrote:
Hi all. My name is Richard and about 4 months ago acquired this 89 that was left to die. The car luckally is all original, except now for the convert top that I just finished replacing. It runs well now, all electrical works now( things were messed with but not hacked up) a couple of small dings, needed a sever cleaning and the paint polished/compounded, overall a great car. I have had a few mustangs and some 80s (also fixed my friends pony's too) so working on this is routine for me. The funny thing is this car found me and the person who last had it ( owner #2 ) really could not work on it, did not store it right ( bad mold, mildew, green tulips ) and messed up the roof so he let it sit to die for 2 1\2 years before deciding to try to sell it and no one wanted it. His ad found me and the rest is history. I will try to include pics later of the car. So thanks for reading
I have #199 same color combo buts mines a 5 speed
zanrock

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great especially the 5 speed. I now know of 8 of the 27 that were done in our colors. Anybody else know of any white red wine cars.?????
the jacK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zanrock wrote:
Thats great especially the 5 speed. I now know of 8 of the 27 that were done in our colors. Anybody else know of any white red wine cars.?????
I think only 2 5-speed cars in white/red/wine were produced. Think I read that here somewhere. I love mine has high miles but lived in the south it's whole life.
SVT_Fox

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love this story!

pics are great, she looks fine, congrats and good job on saving her, the value will only go UP UP UP
the jacK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I gathered some info. In 1989 only 18 white/wine/Scarlet were produced. 16 automatics and 2 5 speed cars. The number 27 your referring to is the total number of 5 speed cars made out of the 247 run. In 1989 white was the most popular color with 84 cars painted. The scarlet interior build was 41. Only 22 cars had the wine top. So your car is even rarer than you thought. All the above info was obtained here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> WELCOME! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: