ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi Guys :) Just picked up a 1987 Mclaren car #72 antenna ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
porshapower

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:38 am    Post subject: Hi Guys :) Just picked up a 1987 Mclaren car #72 antenna ? Reply with quote

Hello and Happy to finally get my dream car. It is black with red interior an black top. I am confused about the antenna locations. My passenger side front fender does not have the antenna hole there but I can see where it used to be and looks to of been patched. There is hole in the passenger side quarter panel and there was what appeared to be a cb antenna there which I removed. Now on the driver side rear quarter there is just a hole. In the trunk I found and antenna and mount. The mount has a short section of wire with a female round plug. I am missing the nut and/or grommets that tighten the antenna mount to the rear quarter. Anyone know where I can find these parts or have a closeup picture? Thanks so much Smile
tfs2121

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

porshapower

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the picture! What is crazy is I have been seeing as many out there with antenna's on the fender as with antenna's on the quarter panel. Wonder if it was an option to get it in either place? Thanks again
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

porshapower wrote:
Thanks for the picture! What is crazy is I have been seeing as many out there with antenna's on the fender as with antenna's on the quarter panel. Wonder if it was an option to get it in either place? Thanks again

I believe it was a running change.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
porshapower

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys. How about the cb was it an option? Just trying to figure this car out. Has 3 holes. One on pass fender that I can see was a poor job of covering it up. One on the passenger side which was a cb antenna. One on the driver side rear that has just a hole there. Thanks again.
tfs2121

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB was never an option.
dahberg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

porshapower wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys. How about the cb was it an option? Just trying to figure this car out. Has 3 holes. One on pass fender that I can see was a poor job of covering it up. One on the passenger side which was a cb antenna. One on the driver side rear that has just a hole there. Thanks again.

The patch job on the passenger front fender is standard. Most all of them are visible on our cars. Guess they just did not put a lot of effort into patching the fender where the stock Capri/Mustang antennas were factory located and removed. The 84-85's also had a poor patch job where the key lock hole on the trunk deck was originally located and removed. Most McLaren's had the antenna mounted to the rear of drivers side.
porshapower

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a million guys! Looks like I will patching the hole in the right rear quarter panel. Thanks again Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: