ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

car show dash plaques

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
85asc239

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:33 am    Post subject: car show dash plaques Reply with quote

When you get the dash plaques at car shows, do you do anything with them? I was going through a drawer and found like 15 of them. Looking for ideas, I have gotten in a habit of not picking them up anymore.

Jeremy
75coug

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like getting them, but they end up in a stack in a drawer.

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
Kentennis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I have done is: I took a 1" x2" piece of cedar. Marked it at intervals 0f 1 & 1/2" then 1" back from each mark and sliced halfway (or maybe a little more) thru at the 1" mark with my radial arm saw. Then I went back, lowered the blade and cut them in 1 & 1/2" pieces. The previously cut slot is 1" back on the piece of wood. I then inserted the dash plaques in the slot and placed them on a shelf, along with my trophies. They stand up with a little tilt to them and look good too. And doesn't obscure any of the plaque. gave some to one of my fellow club members, but now I'm out of wood. You would be surprised how many you can get to stand up in a small area.
CocoLoco

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got a small photo album. It has about 50 or so clear 4 x 6 pages. We put them back to back in date order so it will hold about 100 or so.

It's fun to go back and look at all the shows we went to over the past 8 years since we got our first show car. We keep it on the shelf with the various trophies and plaques we have received along the way.
1985 Red ascMcLaren Convertible #218
1990 Seafoam Auqa ascMcLaren Convertible #263
2001 Yellow Mustang Convertible
1977 Red Bonneville Coupe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: