ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What to look for in a 1987-1990 ASC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oxide80

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject: What to look for in a 1987-1990 ASC Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and I'm looking at buying an 1988 ASC/McLaren Mustang. I've had other Fox 5.0s and have an idea about pricing and value for LX and GTs, but I see prices for these ASC cars all over the board and I have no idea what they are worth, or what to look for.

Any problem areas outside of the typical strut towers, floors, and torque boxes?

The car I'm looking at is in a private collection, always adult owned, not abused, everything supposedly works, and its as stock as stock can be with under 70k on the clock.

Any direction in what to look for will be helpful!
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For these cars, the asc parts make fixing the car or putting it back to stock very expensive (interior, top, wheels, effects). So if all of those are there and in nice shape, that is a huge plus.

The rest of the car is 5.0 Ford stuff and very easy to deal with.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
oxide80

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responce.... the car was a horrible rat for a car that was coming out of a private museum.... Clean chassis but everything else was not correct/showed neglict, had a poor repaint on it, had an SSP gauge cluster, so no idea what the milage was. Owner was going off of the odometer. Thanks for your help though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: