ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help my rear is saggy is this normal or springs bad?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
more4u2c

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:14 am    Post subject: help my rear is saggy is this normal or springs bad? Reply with quote

So I did a total suspension refurbishing for my 88 McLaren new everything except for the springs.... in hopes of fixing a slight sag in the rear. as I was going through it man oh man was things bad in there all bushings and spring isolators were rotted and in need of replacement after all was done it raised the rear end up maybe a half inch at most but still low imho. So now Im thinking its got to be either weak springs, frame issue, or this is how they are and im being too picky. I was going to upload a pic of my ride but cant seem to figure out how to do that in this forum so im going to leave a link to another forum where I have the picture posted but then knowing my luck that wont be allowed either lol If I do need a new springs in the rear where do I get them at? are they just factory ford B lowering springs or are the McLaren springs now obsolete and I'll need to go with a full new set from ford or aftermarket?

my post where there is a pic of my saggy rear: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/5-0l-tech/909010-saggy-rear-normal-fox-worn-springs.html#post7976506[/img]
more4u2c

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should of listed everything ive done so far

front:
moog inner and outter tie rods
FRPP lower control arms loaded
top and bottom spring isolaters (POLY)
autozone struts with POLY bushings and bump stop
POLY sway bar end links
POLY rack bushings
POLY sway bar bushings

Rear:
BBK Gripps control arms with POLY bushings
POLY spring isolators
KYB shocks all 4
POLY bushing on upper axle side
MRBRUSER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

springs control ride height look at ford racing springs they give a good ride height without dropping the car to much every thing else you put in is really good stuff
1988 asc coyote swapped
1993 coupe 347 stroker
2016 Shelby GT350
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: