ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1989 Hot Yellow ASC McLaren, One of One

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrestonWesty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:45 pm    Post subject: 1989 Hot Yellow ASC McLaren, One of One Reply with quote

Hi, I just purchased a 1989 ASC McLaren Mustang finished in Sikkens Hot Yellow. The labels in the door jamb indicate a build date of 2/89. The trunk lid paint label says: SIKKENS car refinishes,EA 87:HY ( color code), Hot Yellow (Color Name, 5-89 ( Date Painted).
No information that I can find indicates that color offering. Based on other labels and the absence of any other base color residue, I believe it is an unknown factory finished car. I was told it was done special for a buyer that required the color to consummate a sale. Does anyone have any information on this car? Don't know how to add a picture to this post or I'd attach it.Thanks
Kyle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gratz on the car purchase, im sure someone will be along here in a bit with more info on the car, this site is pretty helpful
1986 ascMclaren Coupe #105

Initial success or total failure - AF EOD
dime_store_pony wrote:
granddaddy said "son, clowns wear bowties and if'n i ever catch ya in one
i'll take a picture and show all the girls"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
CocoLoco

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your great find !!! Very unique.
According to Sandy's info, Hot Yellow was used on 87 and 88 cars. A total of 44 I believe. Maybe it was a holdover from 88? Who knows. Check the VIN to make sure it is an 89.

Where are you in WV? If you're up north, maybe we can meet at a show next year. In any case, if you ever decide to sell the car, CALL ME FIRST !!!! I have a 2001 yellow Mustang and would love to have a yellow ascMcLaren.
1985 Red ascMcLaren Convertible #218
1990 Seafoam Auqa ascMcLaren Convertible #263
2001 Yellow Mustang Convertible
1977 Red Bonneville Coupe
PrestonWesty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: 1989 Hot Yellow ASC McLaren, One of One Reply with quote

It's 1989. Built 2/89. Painted 5/89. Car number 82.
Supposedly they had an order pending contingent on the application of Hot Yellow. ASC obliged to get the sale and the rest is history.
Now, were all wheels body color?
CocoLoco

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wheels came in only a few colors. I have a 1990 order form that lists white, silver and gold. Probably the same for 89. FYI - I found some other posts on here from a previous owner of your car. Check out the name ProTouringASC and Rainmanoly. I think these might be the 2 previous owners. Lots of discussion about the color and the history.

In any case, looks like you have one rare car there. ENJOY !!
1985 Red ascMcLaren Convertible #218
1990 Seafoam Auqa ascMcLaren Convertible #263
2001 Yellow Mustang Convertible
1977 Red Bonneville Coupe
PrestonWesty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:11 am    Post subject: 1989 Hot Yellow ASC McLaren, One of One Reply with quote

Thank you. I'll look
PrestonWesty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:34 am    Post subject: 1989 Hot Yellow ASC McLaren, One of One Reply with quote

After reading the post you were right. That's the car I purchased. It's great to have the additional history.
The wheels on mine are gold in the spokes.
The car was sold to a guy in Maryland. Then it came to WV. I bought it from that guy . He was moving to California, hasn't driven it since 2011, and decided to let it go. I think his decision was prompted by a spin out on black ice that cost him the front bumper cover and fog lamps. You know how squirrely those Mustangs can be and I think he just lost confidence.
Anyway, I'm glad to have it and believe like all things, the ASC Mclaren will have it's moment.
Heck, why else would I have a Gremlin X, Cosworth Vega, and Mercury Turnpike Cruiser.
You don't have to worry about all the other ones you'll see when you show up at the cruise in.
ProTouringASC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: 1989 Hot Yellow ASC McLaren, One of One Reply with quote

PrestonWesty wrote:
After reading the post you were right. That's the car I purchased. It's great to have the additional history.
The wheels on mine are gold in the spokes.
The car was sold to a guy in Maryland. Then it came to WV. I bought it from that guy . He was moving to California, hasn't driven it since 2011, and decided to let it go. I think his decision was prompted by a spin out on black ice that cost him the front bumper cover and fog lamps. You know how squirrely those Mustangs can be and I think he just lost confidence.
Anyway, I'm glad to have it and believe like all things, the ASC Mclaren will have it's moment.
Heck, why else would I have a Gremlin X, Cosworth Vega, and Mercury Turnpike Cruiser.
You don't have to worry about all the other ones you'll see when you show up at the cruise in.

And I'm the guy in Maryland who owned the car.

Ticked me off big time when the last guy lost it on the ice! Shocked

Glad it is still around!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: