ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For Sale Again, Must Go This Time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrheehee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:19 am    Post subject: For Sale Again, Must Go This Time Reply with quote

We kept hoping to have time to work on this, but now we're moving and can't take it with us. Will entertain offers. Can send pics to an email address.

3346 1988 Mustang Convertibles produced
1015 1998 ASC McLaren Mustang Convertibles produced

1988 ASC Mustang #1315 113649 miles. White with blue interior. (see ascmclaren.com) I had this shipped to Georgia from California, it is rust free. It has a new Ford Motorsports rear axle, I rebuilt its original auto transmission and had the original engine rebuilt. This included all of the bolt on stuff - starter, water pump, power steering pump, original alternator rebuilt. The auto was built with every upgrade I could find, larger overdrive servo, higher line pressure valves, better clutch packs - everything. I rebuilt the trans when the engine went due to a seized oil pump, it was slipping going into OD so I figured it best to do it while the engine was out. It now shifts firmly in every gear, but not too harshly. I put an oil thermostat and trans cooler, I put a Fluidyne 4 core aluminum radiator - it will not overheat regardless of the temperature or how long it idles, it has a new original fan and uses the original fan shroud. Tires are new, exhaust system is new with original tips. It has aftermarket tail lights, but I have the original tail lights. The interior needs tlc but is usable for now, the worst is the driver’s door panel (I have new lower panels to restore them) and the seats have started to crack. It has a new pull down motor, new aftermarket top, new heater core. A/C components removed. I have the original radio/cassette unit.

Obviously, this car is a driver, there is a decent supply of low-mileage collectible cars of this type, they sell for about twice this much. This car has been built to drive and enjoy, not sit in a garage not being driven because it reduces its value. And it looks nicer than a standard Mustang convertible with the top hanging out when it’s down, and no back seats! Pure fun to drive.

Here is breakdown of all that was spent on it:

$6500 original cost
$4500 rebuild engine, new starter, water pump, power steering pump, rebuild alternator
$1200 rebuild transmission
$1100 new differential (3.73 TractionLok, transmission has the proper gear for accurate speedometer readings)
$600 Fluidyne radiator, B&M plate cooler, thermostat
$650 tires
$250 exhaust
$800 top and pull-down motor
And bunch of other stuff – headlights, power lock solenoid, headlight relays, heater core, etc…

Price is $6500, car is located in Rome, Georgia (NW Georgia)

White and Blue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: