ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1985 ASC McLaren 5.0 SC Roadster 5.0/AT $2800 OBO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mustang marty

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:21 pm    Post subject: 1985 ASC McLaren 5.0 SC Roadster 5.0/AT $2800 OBO Reply with quote

1985 ASC McLaren 5.0 SC Roadster
5.0/Auto
ASC White w/ blue top and interior
97,000 original miles
$2800/OBO

I moved to a smaller house last fall and have too many projects for the space that I have.

I bought the car in 2004 from the previous owner who owned the car for 7-8 years. He had found it sitting under a tree and rescued it. He replaced the hood and had a new top and carpet installed while he owned it. The top still looks like new. He said that he had garaged it the entire time that he owned it. Since he had a 6 car tandem garage (3 bay, two deep) I had no reason to doubt him.

The car has been a garage queen during my ownership, putting about on about 1200 miles since I bought it. I completed the brake upgrade started by the previous owner to Lincoln/SVO 5-lug 4wheel disk shortly after I bought it. The entire brake system was replaced; SVO master and proportioning valve, new calipers, slotted rotors, all new hoses. The rear end sports 3.73 gears donated by an SVO Mustang. It currently sports 16” Mark VII LSC BBS wheels.

The stock Recaro seats were worn out so I installed a set of Tbird Turbo Coupe seats. I still have the seat mounting rails for the Recaros that can be included with the car. Sadly, the seats themselves are long gone

Although the car sits in the garage most of the year, it starts right up without any hesitation. In the past couple of years, the water pump, battery, and alternator have been replaced. New speakers and stereo were added last summer as the original one was missing

The bad:

The previous owner ‘fixed’ several places where pinhole rust was forming in the passenger side floor with ¾” to 1” rubber plugs. There is also a spot in the passenger foot well where it looks like someone used a floor jack to lift the car and tore the floor board. The floor is still strong; it just needs to be properly patched. I recoated the floors with POR15 and had intended to replace the passenger floor but my 79 Coupe became a priority.

The rear bumper is cracked and the front bumper has a location where a tear was repaired. I have another front and rear bumper covers that I will include in the purchase. The front bumper was repainted with a different shade of white after the repair

A/C needs a recharge.

The steering wheel leather is worn in the 12 o’clock position. It is the same leather wrapped wheel that was used on the SVO. The car does have the roadster specific ’5.0 SC’ horn pad installed.

The hood was replaced by the previous owner and is a different shade white than the rest of the car. The entire car was repainted at some point it it's life after leaving ASC

Parts that I will include with the sale are: Capri headlight panel, reproduction tonneau applique, Recaro seat mounts, front & rear bumper covers, tail light lenses, and some other trim parts. I also will include the Marti report and Eminger invoice for the car.

The car is a typical 30 yo car with squeaks and rattles that is inherent in a car that has had its roof removed. It could be a respectable weekend cruiser with very little work.

I would like this to go to a good home.

More, larger photos in my OneDrive account: http://1drv.ms/1bborEP

Car is located in Everett, WA[img][/img]
75coug

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a screaming deal.

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
4-barrel Mike

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sale pending. Cool

Mike
75coug

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
4-barrel Mike

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold! And home!

Thanks, Marty!

Mike
mustang marty

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Kentennis

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see there's one for sale on Ebay. Listed as a Mercury Capri.
4-barrel Mike

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay limits the main description for car sales.

If you mean this eBay auction, it comes up in searches using most or all combos of asc McLaren Mercury and Capri.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: