ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finished the interior - kinda

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
86MclarenCapri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:14 am    Post subject: Finished the interior - kinda Reply with quote

So I pretty much finished the interior. The car has a charcoal interior, but there has to be 10 different shades of grey in there. I painted the console insert with the Charcoal I got from LMR and it matches the seats and some of the interior. I reupholstered the seats with standard charcoal seats.

I ordered a dash but it didn't quite match. It was a little light. It was closer to the seats than the windshield pillar arms and the top part of the door panels.

I bought the cardboard backing pieces for the door panels and they don't quite fit but look decent. I wish I would have bought the new carpet to match.

The wood inlay on the dash and clock/computer cover was all in bad shape, so I went with an earlier Mustang dash. I 3D printed the bezel for the clock/computer panel! I had to sand it a little and I painted it charcoal, but I think it looks way better than the old wood. It just adds to the greyness of the car.

I am having issues uploading pictures, but I have a 2 page library on photobucket if anyone wants to check it out:

http://s1105.photobucket.com/user/DanBerger/media/IMG_3251.jpg.html
67 Mustang GTA Convt
86MclarenCapri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention a few things--

I had a '90 Mustang LX that I used to actually tow my boat with!! It was a 14 foot beach catamaran sail boat and the gross weight with the trailer was under 1000lbs. I had to drive it home from Atlanta to Virginia beach, VA and never had a problem. I kept the trailer hitch and sold the car. Now, I have to drive a few miles to the shop that will work on my McLaren and I wanted a bike rack so I could ride my bike home. The hitch goes on and off in 10 minutes and NO drilling, can't even tell it was on.

And, the console and rear storage section looked awful when I got the car. I bought a set of dog clippers and shaved the felt on both sections--they look AWESOME now!!

And.. there is a pic of the old heater core.
67 Mustang GTA Convt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: