ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

86 asc coupe...is back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: 86 asc coupe...is back Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=5366&item=4558902361&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
n20capri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn she would sure look good next to #026. I wish there were better pictures of it...It definitely needs a steering wheel and dash...wonder what else...

I love 5-speed coupes...
86 AscMcLaren Capri Coupe - #026 | 11.4@118 | 290/322
86 9L SVO
www.mikemartinelli.com
www.baldguydesigns.net

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Album
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, to me, the body looks very very nice. The interior can be fixed up no matter what the condition.

The only thing left is to paint and get the ground effects mounted. Probably not a bad idea to have them off right now anyways so that it is easier to get under the car and work out any mechanical problems. Get her up to speed then take her in to get them installed.

Lots of quality parts. If he does have a complete set of NOS mouldings...thats an easy $800 on ebay there...which could be used to fund the rest of the restoration.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Ya, I hve to agree with the two Mikes. It's a very decent car. I'd have to put on the correct wheels, and certainly entertain the idea of changing the logo/stripe/decal kit to the original black, especially since this was the only car so made. Had there been others, I might keep the orange, but as the sole one, I'd be pretty tempted to keep it OEM

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

negusm do you remember what car brought last time? or it seems to me i remember he pulled the auction? like to have that one looks like a lot of the hard work has been done.
2013 FORD F150 RAPTOR "TERRAIN TAN" 4X4 CREW CAB & LIFT ON 37s.
2016 SHELBY MUSTANG GT-H HERTZ EDITION #82 OF 171.
1995 F-350 CREW CAB DUALLY POWERSTROKE FULL BANKS KIT!
mustang marty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only $2500... He did drop the BIN price down by $500

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4552511415&category=5366
RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

res met at 4250 see bid history someone got flakey after they hit res and retacted Rolling Eyes Mad
2013 FORD F150 RAPTOR "TERRAIN TAN" 4X4 CREW CAB & LIFT ON 37s.
2016 SHELBY MUSTANG GT-H HERTZ EDITION #82 OF 171.
1995 F-350 CREW CAB DUALLY POWERSTROKE FULL BANKS KIT!
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say it's worth $4,500.00, and THAT'S the last dollar. If someone from here nails it, if you desire I'll send you proof of the car and proof of the factory applied black decals, logos & striping kit, rather than the silver or the orange, 'cause you're gonna need it, as people see the car and say, "Didn't it suppose to have orange stuff on it?" Crying or Very sad

negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are a set of anthracite wheels and caps on ebay right now...I listed them here under another classified section
Grab those, sell the new orange wheels and I bet you could be ahead of the game.
n20capri

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ughhhh $4,250.

I SOOOO should have picked that up!! Damn. Oh well...maybe a white 5-speed coupe will surface...Smile
86 AscMcLaren Capri Coupe - #026 | 11.4@118 | 290/322
86 9L SVO
www.mikemartinelli.com
www.baldguydesigns.net

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Album
Kyle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: 1986 ascMclaren Coupe Reply with quote

Hey people, I'm the guy that bought the 86 Coupe. I just stumbled on this site the other day and saw you guys talking about the car. I would like to get in touch with Sandy about this car but for the next week or so I will not be able to so I will ask here. This car came with the anthracite rims? Is that correct, i was hoping it was the black ones but thats ok. Also, I read that Sandy could get me the info or proof about this car's unique paint and stripe combo, I would be very interested. I would be interested in selling the orange wheels if anyone is interested in them as I would like to get the originals. Anyway, it's great that there is a place to go for info on these cars. Thanks guys.
1986 ascMclaren Coupe #105

Initial success or total failure - AF EOD
dime_store_pony wrote:
granddaddy said "son, clowns wear bowties and if'n i ever catch ya in one
i'll take a picture and show all the girls"
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: 1986 ascMclaren Coupe Reply with quote

Kyle wrote:
Hey people, I'm the guy that bought the 86 Coupe. I just stumbled on this site the other day and saw you guys talking about the car. I would like to get in touch with Sandy about this car but for the next week or so I will not be able to so I will ask here. This car came with the anthracite rims? Is that correct, i was hoping it was the black ones but thats ok. Also, I read that Sandy could get me the info or proof about this car's unique paint and stripe combo, I would be very interested. I would be interested in selling the orange wheels if anyone is interested in them as I would like to get the originals. Anyway, it's great that there is a place to go for info on these cars. Thanks guys.

Cool glad to see you found us!

I thought the anthracite wheels ARE the black wheels...

but looking on Hank's site, I see he has 2 listed.

Maybe Sandy can tell you for sure.

If I didn't already have a set of restored orange wheels, I'd buy them from you. Maybe you can trade them to Hank for the black ones (if they have been restored...a good chance is that Hank restored them). Knowing Hank, he's probably going to want some $$ for trade but its your best bet. If you sell those orange wheels you're probably not going to get anywhere near the $1600 Hank gets for a set of wheels on his site.

The next best bet is to send them to hank or a wheel shop and get them re-restored in black. It will cost you $75-100 per wheel if they don't have to do any straightening. Way cheaper than $1600 in wheels from Hank.

-Mike

Last edited by negusm on Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:21 pm; edited 6 times in total
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy here.

The car was made with the anthracite rims (silver machined spokes, and charcoal-black side of spokes.
The decals, logos & stripes were black.
It was indeed the only one so made.
Most in the color of "Smoke Charcoal Grey Metallic" had the "Popsicle Orange" declas/logos & Stripes, while a few had the Silver Metallic logos/stripes & decals with again, the anthracite wheels.
When you are ready, send your home address to me.
cigarsandy@comcast.net

PS/ No ascMcLaren COUPE ever came with those above ALL solid black wheels. They came on a few, very very few 1986 Capri 'Verts that were done in Jet Black, with Charcoal Interior & a Black top.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: